Sent his dad to the store to buy food - big mistake

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I just got a lovely phone call from Tubby's dad. We had run out of Fromm this morning and I made the MISTAKE of sending Tubby's dad to get it. We used to be badddddd bully parents and feed Royal Canin Bulldog puppy. The big bag with tax ran us $84. Fast forward to today and my boy is on Fromm Grain free beef frittata. He now eats every meal and isn't picky. He looks great and he feels great lol

Well Fromm cost $102 with tax and its 4lbs less then what's in the Royal Canin.
Whoop de dooo! I have tried every analogy to make him understand but he just doesn't get it :bang:

I am seriously starting to lose my patience with this man. I'm not saying were rich or anything but we certainly are not struggling and can afford the Fromm.

Does anyone else's spouse or significant other give them such grieve for trying to do what's best for their bully?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
We feed FROMM also, and we both understand the importance of a good diet for our bullies. :)

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
I've decided its best to leave him outta those things. He does do good buying cat food. But when buying on petflow he's a little slow on the internet machine...ill handle it.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Joe is not bad about the price of food and healthy snacks, but when it comes to the vet he about has a stroke every time, it's $50 just to walk in the door, so we never leave without it usually being around $200. He has ask me several times over the years "Why can't you just have a dog" lol.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Um yeah... what they don't know wont hurt them!!:whistle: My husband has really given up though. Brutus is on Merrick buffalo and sweet potato and hubby have a slight fit when he accidentally found out how much it costs. Really I am not taking food out of my kids mouths to give him this food and surprise surprise hubby actually said he noticed a difference in Brutus' coat the other day! WIN for us!

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Joe is not bad about the price of food and healthy snacks, but when it comes to the vet he about has a stroke every time, it's $50 just to walk in the door, so we never leave without it usually being around $200. He has ask me several times over the years "Why can't you just have a dog" lol.

This is the LEAST of Joe's worries..he just doesn't KNOW it! :biglaugh:

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
When my hubby said our dogs eat better then us I tell him it's better then a trip to the vet and spending $$$

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
My husband has no idea how much I spend on anything.....:rofl::rofl:.....I have the checkbook. The way I look at it is.....I retired from the Army and work Department of Defense. I don't have any bad habits other than the "few" martinis I drink. I spoil my husband and daughter as much as the bullies so I get to decide what I feed everyone in the house. None of them are short changed anything in life. Amber and Ruby get premium food just like my husband and duaghter. Everyones hair and skin (humans and fur babies :rofl::rofl:) looks great.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Sometimes its not about the money...It's like when the mail comes and a keychain I won for $50 in an auction arrives. My wife doesn't get it..she always asks "was that (whatever happened to come in the mail that day) really worth the money?..and I say " to the bulldog it helped it was!"

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Well....I'm of the thought.."Ignorance is Bliss".. I use Petflow..he carries it in..see? No see pricey..no care! :ROFL:

Me too! Plus, he has his own house and doesn't live here!! Sometimes it's good to be SINGLE!:LMAO:

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby

Oh yes the vet stroke. I know that one well lol David always tries to run out of the vet with Tubbs before they tally up the bill. But thankfully Tubby is too social and has to say bye to everyone first. I'm waiting for David to go for his physical an the doctor tell him he has high blood pressure lmao

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online