T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
That's interesting that you said he is no longer picky Ftse is very picky will go a day or two without eating I have recently changed him to a grain free but its not Fromm wish it was but we can't get that here in Australia but since Ftse has been on the grain free he has been eating it, the problem here is we don't have such a. If selection of good feeds and Royal Canine is one of the best we have here 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That was the problem. Tubby would pick and choose when he wanted to eat. He wasn't really growing or filling out. Then I did the switch and he hoovers up every meal. He went through a huge growth spurt and is really filling out. I was happy I made the switch just not happy that I made the mistake of sending his dad to the store.

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
That was the problem. Tubby would pick and choose when he wanted to eat. He wasn't really growing or filling out. Then I did the switch and he hoovers up every meal. He went through a huge growth spurt and is really filling out. I was happy I made the switch just not happy that I made the mistake of sending his dad to the store.

I wish they sold Fromm here everyone seems to do good on that, we only have Royal Canine, Hills prescription diet, Yukanuba, Black Hawke, Call of the wild, and a grain free Applaws from the UK so i dont why we cant get them from the USA and of course the supermarket range. I'll have to ask the Aussies what they are feeding their's but Ftse did not like Royal canine would smell it and walk away and Vets say they are not fussy they will eat anything I have never found this to be true.

Mar 19, 2013
Country
Good old US of A
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman(RIP) & Jenkins
When I got Norm he was eating Beneful...I was just researching dog foods and thought I would do Newmans Own....Then I found EBN and did a bunch more research...signed up for Petflow...now we feed Fromm Beed Fritatta. If I get any push back on food cost, I just remind him how farty Norm was on the other stuff and who he likes to sit by on the couch and he's all better!

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
i dont get grief on what i pay for sarahs food or my other 2 dogs food. im the one who pays for it and orders it or goes to get it so im pretty much left alone. now im doing home cooked cause she cant eat any kibble its even easier for me to keep it from him lol. he dont care cause he dont pay for it so its all good here. :2thumbs:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We fretted over it at first but after seeing the results of Fromm's its second nature now. Plus it helps that where we get our food they always give us a Fromm's coupon for either $3 to $10 off the big bag or one for a free 4lb bag when you buy a 12lb or larger bag. Then we factor in that at the place we buy food every 11th bag of Fromm's we buy is free regardless of size so everything is a wash for us. With tax it is roughly $72 for the 26lb bag by me.

I could have typed this exact post..... the price threw us at first, but the results with Banks are more than worth the price.

MARY BARNES

Aug 27, 2013
Country
CANADA
Bulldog(s) Names
ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
Hi. what's wrong with Royal Canin Bulldog puppy food .I use that ... Ellie just eats it up? I don't know anything about FROMM. give me the dirt on it.... can we buy this in Canada ?????

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Hi. what's wrong with Royal Canin Bulldog puppy food .I use that ... Ellie just eats it up? I don't know anything about FROMM. give me the dirt on it.... can we buy this in Canada ?????

Hi Mary. You can only find Fromm at Global Pet store.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
When I got Norm he was eating Beneful...I was just researching dog foods and thought I would do Newmans Own....Then I found EBN and did a bunch more research...signed up for Petflow...now we feed Fromm Beed Fritatta. If I get any push back on food cost, I just remind him how farty Norm was on the other stuff and who he likes to sit by on the couch and he's all better!

Lol that's cute! Nothing like stinky bully farts to prove a point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

porkysmamma

Jun 21, 2012
Warrensburg, New York
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Porkchop aka Porky
OMG I feel ur pain lol we buy the smaller bags which r still like $60 but by the time I need food I also need her treats n with all the allergies we r all sooooooo familiar with her treats alone cost an additional $50 (I buy her a solidified cheese stick that's gross n smelly but she lovesssssssss which is $15 by itself but he doesn't need to know that lol)!!! He's always complaining sayin just buy her begin strips uh huh ok yet he won't clean her yeasty nose rope when she starts having a reaction or hold her in Epsom salt for 10 mins 4 times a day when she gets a cyst so 💩 on him lol he can deal with her bill being as much as ours for the week ☺

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus

I compare Royal Canin with McDonalds .... can't imagine giving my kid McDonald's everyday. :no:

You can get Fromm's from various retailers. The most popular is Global Pet Foods. Some Pet Valus also carry them. But if you go to the the Fromm site, it'll have a list of retailers that sell them.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
Oh yes, my husband used to give me such a hard time about how much I spend on Jagger and Ellie's food. I started making him help with poop duty, cleaning of their faces, keeping their bums clean and giving them their baths. Now he realizes how much their food makes a difference in their day to day life. They don't itch and scratch all the time. There isn't runny poo all over the yard. We don't struggle as much with Ellie's wrinkles and they shed a lot less. Also, we see an activity difference. They are both very active and athletic. Before, they had horrible gas and would mostly just lay around. Now they run like grey hounds and love having wrestling matches. We buy an all veggie food. It's $85 + plus tax for 25lbs. We are going to see if ordering online makes a difference.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sometimes its not about the money...It's like when the mail comes and a keychain I won for $50 in an auction arrives. My wife doesn't get it..she always asks "was that (whatever happened to come in the mail that day) really worth the money?..and I say " to the bulldog it helped it was!"
That is a great answer!!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Not my husband he just rolls with my choices but my mother in law on the other hand :chapped::bitchslap:She just doesn't get it!!!

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Not my husband he just rolls with my choices but my mother in law on the other hand :chapped::bitchslap:She just doesn't get it!!!

David told his parents about the food change price increase. I swear I think they were ready to kick me out of their home. They're old school and don't get it either. He's just a dog he doesn't need special food. :cursing:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.