T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
When my hubby said our dogs eat better then us I tell him it's better then a trip to the vet and spending $$$

He used that one on me. Bad move. I do all the cooking in the house so I shot bak that ill stop cooking altogether and he can whip up dinner every night. Shut him right up lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
Oh yes the vet stroke. I know that one well lol David always tries to run out of the vet with Tubbs before they tally up the bill. But thankfully Tubby is too social and has to say bye to everyone first. I'm waiting for David to go for his physical an the doctor tell him he has high blood pressure lmao

LOL, Joe always leaves and goes to the truck too when they are tallying up our bill, that is toooo funny~!!!!! We get about half way home and he finally will ask me "how much this time?" LOL

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
We always fed our other dogs Purina Pro Plan and believe it or not they did very well on it and we're beautiful all the way around. I knew nothing of dog food until I came here and buying dog off online was unheard of to me. Mike was not sold on spending that kind of money for Fromm (and it was a sticker shock even for me). He was pretty dead set against it (even Earthborn) because all his Pit Bulls, Ace, Orion & Nitro, did very well on Pro Plan on so should Wilson. I convinced him to try Wellness and Blue Buffalo at first. I gradually moved Wilson, and Jack, to Earthborn, and when Emma came she was on Fromm puppy and I ordered from Petflow and that was that. He knew how much Earthborn was so I had no problem convincing him to go to Fromm since it was better and only a few $$ more. He wasn't happy either that is was a 26lb bag.

But as I told him once, I don't tell you what you can spend on your trucks and accessories for them, don't tell me what I can spend on dog food. :D That line works like a charm for me every time I need it. I just swap it around. :whistle:

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
I just got a lovely phone call from Tubby's dad. We had run out of Fromm this morning and I made the MISTAKE of sending Tubby's dad to get it. We used to be badddddd bully parents and feed Royal Canin Bulldog puppy. The big bag with tax ran us $84. Fast forward to today and my boy is on Fromm Grain free beef frittata. He now eats every meal and isn't picky. He looks great and he feels great lol

Well Fromm cost $102 with tax and its 4lbs less then what's in the Royal Canin.
Whoop de dooo! I have tried every analogy to make him understand but he just doesn't get it :bang:

I am seriously starting to lose my patience with this man. I'm not saying were rich or anything but we certainly are not struggling and can afford the Fromm.

Does anyone else's spouse or significant other give them such grieve for trying to do what's best for their bully?

What size bag of fromm? I get the 26lb bag of beef frittata for $65 and that's the biggest they carry at the particular store I go to

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
What size bag of fromm? I get the 26lb bag of beef frittata for $65 and that's the biggest they carry at the particular store I go to

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

It was the 26lb bag. I think we get over charged here in Canada. Plus they only sell Fromm at one chain of pet stores here and they're over priced to begin with

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh these poor bullies here and the SLOP they are made to eat! :lmaogirl:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
My hubby is clueless to how much I spend on doggie food!!! He just tells everyone I drive, pay & carry heavy ****!!! LMAO...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We fretted over it at first but after seeing the results of Fromm's its second nature now. Plus it helps that where we get our food they always give us a Fromm's coupon for either $3 to $10 off the big bag or one for a free 4lb bag when you buy a 12lb or larger bag. Then we factor in that at the place we buy food every 11th bag of Fromm's we buy is free regardless of size so everything is a wash for us. With tax it is roughly $72 for the 26lb bag by me.

Be sure to check with the people where you get yours from if it isn't petflow as the place we buy from takes all the Fromm's coupons off the bags and keeps them behind the counter because people were coming in and taking all of them off the bags.

Last edited:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Good point Todd. By chance I found out there's a new pet store, independently owned, literally around the corner from me. They're a non-profit store and all profits go to their canine cancer foundation. :up: They sell only the good stuff and although they don't carry Fromm, she orders it for me. It's cheaper than Petflow's prices too!

[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION]

Ftse 100

Bully lov'in wonder from down under
Mar 25, 2012
Qld Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Ftse
I just got a lovely phone call from Tubby's dad. We had run out of Fromm this morning and I made the MISTAKE of sending Tubby's dad to get it. We used to be badddddd bully parents and feed Royal Canin Bulldog puppy. The big bag with tax ran us $84. Fast forward to today and my boy is on Fromm Grain free beef frittata. He now eats every meal and isn't picky. He looks great and he feels great lol

Well Fromm cost $102 with tax and its 4lbs less then what's in the Royal Canin.
Whoop de dooo! I have tried every analogy to make him understand but he just doesn't get it :bang:

I am seriously starting to lose my patience with this man. I'm not saying were rich or anything but we certainly are not struggling and can afford the Fromm.

Does anyone else's spouse or significant other give them such grieve for trying to do what's best for their bully?

That's interesting that you said he is no longer picky Ftse is very picky will go a day or two without eating I have recently changed him to a grain free but its not Fromm wish it was but we can't get that here in Australia but since Ftse has been on the grain free he has been eating it, the problem here is we don't have such a. If selection of good feeds and Royal Canine is one of the best we have here 😒

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
My hubby isn't so bad about things, we both cringe w vet bills but he gets a bully is a def investment. He does say im kooky n always asks me why do I feel the need to spend more on Fromm food, or buy grain free treats, specialty treats, always replacing bones, using fruits n veggies w her food, putting acv in water, using special things to keep her clean ...wait...is he on to something? LOL he just shakes his head n moves along...

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Good point Todd. By chance I found out there's a new pet store, independently owned, literally around the corner from me. They're a non-profit store and all profits go to their canine cancer foundation. :up: They sell only the good stuff and although they don't carry Fromm, she orders it for me. It's cheaper than Petflow's prices too!

@Marine91
Very cool! Ours is a bit more but when you factor everything in it winds up about $3 less a bag over the course of a year so we will just continue to get it from them. Plus we love the people that work there and if we haven't been in for awhile they have even called us to make sure us and Harlea are ok.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
The bottom line is a few extra bucks in prevention saves a whole lotta money and heartache in the long run. We signed up for this and I love every single second of it. I would give a kidney for my baby so money means nothing for his happiness and health. As Bully's are a special bred, so are the owners!!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
It was the 26lb bag. I think we get over charged here in Canada. Plus they only sell Fromm at one chain of pet stores here and they're over priced to begin with

When I used to feed Fromm, we bought them from Global Pet Foods and they had a program where you'll get the 11th bag free. Maybe it's still going on?

My bf doesn't ask how much I spend on the boys' food. Mainly because he knows if he does, then he'll have to research and go to the store himself, which he completely avoids!

OP
T

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
When I used to feed Fromm, we bought them from Global Pet Foods and they had a program where you'll get the 11th bag free. Maybe it's still going on?

My bf doesn't ask how much I spend on the boys' food. Mainly because he knows if he does, then he'll have to research and go to the store himself, which he completely avoids!

Yup Global still has that promotion. We're on bag # 2 lol I think the problem comes from I think of Tubbs as my son and David thinks of Tubbs as our dog. Psssshhhh as if Tubby is just a dog.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.