Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Sent his dad to the store to buy food - big mistake

Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    I just got a lovely phone call from Tubby's dad. We had run out of Fromm this morning and I made the MISTAKE of sending Tubby's dad to get it. We used to be badddddd bully parents and feed Royal Canin Bulldog puppy. The big bag with tax ran us $84. Fast forward to today and my boy is on Fromm Grain free beef frittata. He now eats every meal and isn't picky. He looks great and he feels great lol

Well Fromm cost $102 with tax and its 4lbs less then what's in the Royal Canin.
    Whoop de dooo! I have tried every analogy to make him understand but he just doesn't get it

I am seriously starting to lose my patience with this man. I'm not saying were rich or anything but we certainly are not struggling and can afford the Fromm.

Does anyone else's spouse or significant other give them such grieve for trying to do what's best for their bully?
    That's interesting that you said he is no longer picky Ftse is very picky will go a day or two without eating I have recently changed him to a grain free but its not Fromm wish it was but we can't get that here in Australia but since Ftse has been on the grain free he has been eating it, the problem here is we don't have such a. If selection of good feeds and Royal Canine is one of the best we have here 😒

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brie
    Likes (Received)

My hubby isn't so bad about things, we both cringe w vet bills but he gets a bully is a def investment. He does say im kooky n always asks me why do I feel the need to spend more on Fromm food, or buy grain free treats, specialty treats, always replacing bones, using fruits n veggies w her food, putting acv in water, using special things to keep her clean ...wait...is he on to something? LOL he just shakes his head n moves along...

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    Good point Todd. By chance I found out there's a new pet store, independently owned, literally around the corner from me. They're a non-profit store and all profits go to their canine cancer foundation. They sell only the good stuff and although they don't carry Fromm, she orders it for me. It's cheaper than Petflow's prices too!

@Marine91
    Very cool! Ours is a bit more but when you factor everything in it winds up about $3 less a bag over the course of a year so we will just continue to get it from them. Plus we love the people that work there and if we haven't been in for awhile they have even called us to make sure us and Harlea are ok.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

The bottom line is a few extra bucks in prevention saves a whole lotta money and heartache in the long run. We signed up for this and I love every single second of it. I would give a kidney for my baby so money means nothing for his happiness and health. As Bully's are a special bred, so are the owners!!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

It was the 26lb bag. I think we get over charged here in Canada. Plus they only sell Fromm at one chain of pet stores here and they're over priced to begin with

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    When I used to feed Fromm, we bought them from Global Pet Foods and they had a program where you'll get the 11th bag free. Maybe it's still going on?

My bf doesn't ask how much I spend on the boys' food. Mainly because he knows if he does, then he'll have to research and go to the store himself, which he completely avoids!
    "I am normally not a praying man, but if you really are up there, please save me Superman!'' - Homer J. Simpson

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by savemejeebus View Post
    When I used to feed Fromm, we bought them from Global Pet Foods and they had a program where you'll get the 11th bag free. Maybe it's still going on?

My bf doesn't ask how much I spend on the boys' food. Mainly because he knows if he does, then he'll have to research and go to the store himself, which he completely avoids!

Yup Global still has that promotion. We're on bag # 2 lol I think the problem comes from I think of Tubbs as my son and David thinks of Tubbs as our dog. Psssshhhh as if Tubby is just a dog.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    That's interesting that you said he is no longer picky Ftse is very picky will go a day or two without eating I have recently changed him to a grain free but its not Fromm wish it was but we can't get that here in Australia but since Ftse has been on the grain free he has been eating it, the problem here is we don't have such a. If selection of good feeds and Royal Canine is one of the best we have here 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That was the problem. Tubby would pick and choose when he wanted to eat. He wasn't really growing or filling out. Then I did the switch and he hoovers up every meal. He went through a huge growth spurt and is really filling out. I was happy I made the switch just not happy that I made the mistake of sending his dad to the store.

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

That was the problem. Tubby would pick and choose when he wanted to eat. He wasn't really growing or filling out. Then I did the switch and he hoovers up every meal. He went through a huge growth spurt and is really filling out. I was happy I made the switch just not happy that I made the mistake of sending his dad to the store.
    I wish they sold Fromm here everyone seems to do good on that, we only have Royal Canine, Hills prescription diet, Yukanuba, Black Hawke, Call of the wild, and a grain free Applaws from the UK so i dont why we cant get them from the USA and of course the supermarket range. I'll have to ask the Aussies what they are feeding their's but Ftse did not like Royal canine would smell it and walk away and Vets say they are not fussy they will eat anything I have never found this to be true.

Kennel Cleaner MelanieNormansMom's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Norman
    Likes (Received)

When I got Norm he was eating Beneful...I was just researching dog foods and thought I would do Newmans Own....Then I found EBN and did a bunch more research...signed up for Petflow...now we feed Fromm Beed Fritatta. If I get any push back on food cost, I just remind him how farty Norm was on the other stuff and who he likes to sit by on the couch and he's all better!

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

i dont get grief on what i pay for sarahs food or my other 2 dogs food. im the one who pays for it and orders it or goes to get it so im pretty much left alone. now im doing home cooked cause she cant eat any kibble its even easier for me to keep it from him lol. he dont care cause he dont pay for it so its all good here.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    We fretted over it at first but after seeing the results of Fromm's its second nature now. Plus it helps that where we get our food they always give us a Fromm's coupon for either $3 to $10 off the big bag or one for a free 4lb bag when you buy a 12lb or larger bag. Then we factor in that at the place we buy food every 11th bag of Fromm's we buy is free regardless of size so everything is a wash for us. With tax it is roughly $72 for the 26lb bag by me.
    I could have typed this exact post..... the price threw us at first, but the results with Banks are more than worth the price.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Country
    CANADA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    ELLIE 2013-2017....Rocky RIP (2005-2013)
    Likes (Received)

Hi. what's wrong with Royal Canin Bulldog puppy food .I use that ... Ellie just eats it up? I don't know anything about FROMM. give me the dirt on it.... can we buy this in Canada ?????

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Remove Ads