How to choose a daycare/boarding place

tiffykay06

Dec 20, 2012
Oklahoma
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Rumble Pig Peterson AKA Rumble
This week we took Rumble to two different daycare/boarding places to see how he would do. He did great at both of them! The first one he was with three other bulldogs who go there everyday. The second one he was with a variety of bigger dogs. Both places were great and the people seem really knowledgeable. I liked the second one purely for the purpose that it has a webcam. The first one routinely posts photos on their facebook page. How do you decide which one to go with? What questions do I need to ask about boarding? Unfortunately, Rumble will not be able to go on vacation with us and will have to be boarded 11 nights. :w00t: The crazy momma in me is going to come out and I'm going to be so worried but yet I feel like I cannot make a decision. Help!

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
the one we use has the web cams, and I love that! If I worry about him a few clicks and I see him happily playing, or following the guy whose trying to clean up, and I worry no more!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
They both sound great. It does seem like a hard choice. I am leaning more towards the one with the webcam so you can checl on him whenever you want. then I go to thinking that I personally would be watching that webcam 24/7 like the over protective mama I am. Good luck with your decision!

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
That's a tough one because they both sound great...but I think the webcam might get my vote, if everything else is pretty equal.:D He's a good boy! I don't know who would be checking the webcam more...mommy or daddy! My bf is crazy about Dudley.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How often is the webcam available for viewing? I worked at a place and the web view was only available from 10-12 and then again 2-4 so really not much of the day. is someone with them 24/7 or are they just kenneled at night?

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Webcam gets my vote. But if it isnt an all day camera, I would wonder why?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
I'm picky with daycares and ask tons of questions. First is, how knowledgeable are they about bulldogs and their needs? Do they know what to look for if they're distressed? Do they know that they're extremely heat sensitive? Second is if they screen ALL the dogs that attend. Although the visitors don't need to be perfect, they can't be uncontrollable. Have they ever declined a client? If so, why? Third, do the employees know canine first aid? Are they certified? If somebully gets hurt, how would they handle the situation? How about canine behaviours? Does everyone seem alert and genuinely care about the dogs or do they look like they're not paying much attention? I'd also ask about routines - feeding, playing, peeing/pooping, sleeping, etc. And where are they going to sleep? I would hate for my bullies to stay in a kennel/crate for long periods of time and would look for crate-free daycares.

Ask about cleaning routines as well. Good ones sanitize everything daily.

I tend to go with the one who has the most bully experience, so I would probably go with the first one. But then again, I would consider everything and determine if I'd feel safe leaving the boys there. Ask for references and check online for reviews.

Last edited:

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
I'm picky with daycares and ask tons of questions. First is, how knowledgeable are they about bulldogs and their needs? Do they know what to look for if they're distressed? Do they know that they're extremely heat sensitive? Second is if they screen ALL the dogs that attend. Although the visitors don't need to be perfect, they can't be uncontrollable. Have they ever declined a client? If so, why? Third, do the employees know canine first aid? Are they certified? If somebully gets hurt, how would they handle the situation? How about canine behaviours? Does everyone seem alert and genuinely care about the dogs or do they look like they're not paying much attention? I'd also ask about routines - feeding, playing, peeing/pooping, sleeping, etc. And where are they going to sleep? I would hate for my bullies to stay in a kennel/crate for long periods of time and would look for crate-free daycares.

Ask about cleaning routines as well. Good ones sanitize everything daily.

I tend to go with the one who has the most bully experience, so I would probably go with the first one. But then again, I would consider everything and determine if I'd feel safe leaving the boys there. Ask for references and check online for reviews.

Great advice IMO.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.