Essential oils

Spunkysmom2012

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Spunky
Hi all- I've ordered the young living essential oils for me, my husband and spunky...it's been proven on animals (even people I know) but my husband prefers answers on EBN ;)

Has anyone tried these for bullies?

Example- allergies, "peace and calm" lavender, ext.?

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I have never used them, so let us know how it goes. :)

sgbyrne

Aug 19, 2013
Pennsylvania
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Hank
HI, I was wanting to know the same thing. Has anybody tried essential oils? Hankie is always (ok, not always but a lot) on some medication for allergies, ear infections, sores on his feet. We are trying different brands of food, it has all been grain free. But until we discover the best food I was hoping maybe essential oils would help. He also has arthritis. We got him as a rescue in August and guessing his age to be 6-8 years old. My daughter also has allergies and has seizures so she is pretty limited on what she can take for the allergies. I was thinking of using a diffuser in her room with essential oils, since Hankie sleeps with her I'm hoping it will benefit them both. Anyone try essential oils for allergies? If so, what kind did you try?
Thanks
Sherry

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
we have lavender oil to use for calming Lola. she can be really nervous out of her comfort zone (i.e. our house). We dilute it with water (i think) and spray her bed and her blankies, and when we take them with us on overnight trips, i think it helps. it also helped that we've been traveling with her 6 times a year for three years or so. She may be used to it. I also use witch hazel and lavender together for daily wipes (i use this a toner on my face as well).

Enjnene

Sep 25, 2013
Ar
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastian
I have not tried these yet but I have a friend that's swears by them ! It couldn't hurt .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Lavender is a great natural mosquito/bug repellent as well. We us it on Harlea during mosquito season all the time.

MarleneK

Dec 21, 2013
Calgary, Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Dually
I have just started getting into the Young Living Essential Oils myself, these are supposed to be the purest of oils. I haven't used on Dually yet though so am curious to hear if other members are using them on their bullies and how they are using them.

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
[MENTION=3225]aprilemari[/MENTION] can you explain to the special ed group (me!) how you mix and how you use the witch hazel and lavender? Do you spray and wipe? Pour on wipes? Use paper towels? I'm new at this dog obsession and need a bit more info. Thanks! :)

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
[MENTION=10908]Roseann[/MENTION] actually i buy witch hazel (thayers brand) that already has lavender mixed into it. its alcohol free which i also like. I use a spray bottle on my own face to mist it, and i don't wipe unless i know my face is dirty (i.e. i use it instead of washing my face), but i usually just let it air dry as a toner on my own face. For Lola, I spray it on a wipe or wet a cotton ball thoroughly before wiping her down with it (face first, then paws, then tail pocket if i'm feeling randy). witch hazel will dry on its own, its an astringent.

If i had to make it myself, I would just add a few drops to the whole bottle of witch hazel. those oils come very very concentrated. :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.