Poopy Quantity!

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Lets hope that Baxter is now headed in the right direction. Please keep us in the loop as to how he is doing.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
I tried Natures Logic without any added fun stuff (kefir, salmon oil, olive oil, etc) and he still pooped 100x a day.
Today I think he had 2 complete chicken breasts and half a large potato (all mashed up) and literally didn't poop AT ALL !!!!!!!
I dont think he's constipated either. I think he's finally absorbing his food.

Honestly I think the Natures logic is probably just too much of a good thing.
Its extremely, extremely rich food ... which is probably outstanding for an adult dog.
He had the same problems with Royal Canin.

Many people vehemently state that dogs were not meant to eat kibble anyways, from what I'm reading.
Whole foods - if possible - seem to agree with a lot of breeds a lot better than processed.
I wont go raw, but I have always planned to eventually get him on a whole food meat/veggie/bone diet (barf).
Paleo diet is seriously revolutionary. Way too much evidence that it is insanely beneficial for proper health in humans.
Reduces risk of heart disease, autoimmune disease, neurological problems, cancers, and anything associated with inflammation (which is the precursor to pretty much every disease in the book).

Top 5 ingredients in Natures Logic:
Only thing I see strange is the "Millet" which is a grain.
Grain free (at least with Paleo) is extremely important as grains are not easily digested at all.

I went through 5 different foods before landing on something Luca could tolerate. He gets taste of the wild now. It is very rich but is grain free and reasonably priced. Good luck on your hunt for the right food :)

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
That's great news! So happy to hear you caught this. In case it is a grain allergy there a lots of grain free options. Mia is on Canine Caviar Grain Free Puppy.. It's chicken based. She usually :poo: 2-3 times a day - depending on what else I feed her. There are lots of grain free options out there. I really hope you can find the right one for Baxter :)

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Oh, also, there is this paste they sell that you can add to his food that is packed with condensed nutrients. I cant remember the name right now but they have it at almost any chain pet store. If your boy is undernourished than I highly recommend it. We used it when my Luca had giardia and was firing poop out all day like a cannon.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I tried Natures Logic without any added fun stuff (kefir, salmon oil, olive oil, etc) and he still pooped 100x a day.
Today I think he had 2 complete chicken breasts and half a large potato (all mashed up) and literally didn't poop AT ALL !!!!!!!
I dont think he's constipated either. I think he's finally absorbing his food.

Honestly I think the Natures logic is probably just too much of a good thing.
Its extremely, extremely rich food ... which is probably outstanding for an adult dog.
He had the same problems with Royal Canin.

Many people vehemently state that dogs were not meant to eat kibble anyways, from what I'm reading.
Whole foods - if possible - seem to agree with a lot of breeds a lot better than processed.
I wont go raw, but I have always planned to eventually get him on a whole food meat/veggie/bone diet (barf).
Paleo diet is seriously revolutionary. Way too much evidence that it is insanely beneficial for proper health in humans.
Reduces risk of heart disease, autoimmune disease, neurological problems, cancers, and anything associated with inflammation (which is the precursor to pretty much every disease in the book).

Top 5 ingredients in Natures Logic:
Only thing I see strange is the "Millet" which is a grain.
Grain free (at least with Paleo) is extremely important as grains are not easily digested at all.

It's excellent that you are finally getting his poop "normal". I dont' think there is any harm in you keeping him on the chicken and rice for a while until you get his system calmed down a little. After that I suggest that you head over to the forum on here all about homecooked food. From a nutritional point of view you need to add other things like veggies to his diet and in the right proportion rather than just feed chicken and rice. Chicken and rice is basically the bland diet that we all use when our bullies get an upset tummy!!! :yes:

jm00ser

Aug 10, 2013
Tampa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
Great to hear, baxter! I know you have been worried about your pup. Here's to rapid weight gain!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.