Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 12 of 18

Thread: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

  1. #1
    Dog Park Attendant Susie's Avatar
    Country
    Canada
    Posts
    402
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Howie
    Likes (Received)
    1

    Default Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    It is very sad to read about puppy mills. Well, apparently, there is one in Canada right now that is breeding English and French Bulldogs. It really shows how much we need to do our studies on the potential bulldog breeders.

    And sad that poor breeding gives our EB a bad rep.

    And how bad people play with our emotions.

    Here is an article regarding this:

    http://globalnews.ca/news/560683/for...re-often-sick/
    Last edited by bullmama; 09-04-2013 at 01:20 PM.

  2. #2
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11490

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Can't bring myself to read it, it hurts my heart too much knowing how horrendous the treatment is of these sweet babies. are every where
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  3. #3
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    I was stupid enough to read this article. I am absolutely devastated as Tubby is from Canada Bulldogs. I am shaking as I type this. I KNEW he never came from a reputable breeder! I effin' knew it! No responsible breeder would ever let a puppy go with a level 3 heart murmur! I could kill the bastard who is running this puppy mill! I just don't even know what to think or do right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  4. #4
    Potty Trainer Daizy and Dukes mom's Avatar
    Location
    Mansfield, ON
    Posts
    55
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Daizy & Duke
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Hi Susie,

    I am one of those people who has pups from Dmitry (edited: breeder name removed). My Daizy and Duke are 3.5 yrs old. I bought on a wimsy and really knew better considering where I went to pick up Daizy in Richmond Hill (DUke was delivered to my house). I was heartbroken from losing my epileptic Schnauzer and just wanted another fur-kid. He told me straight up he was a broker, that he did not lie about. Deep down I knew where i was buying from, but at that point I really didnt care and wanted a bully at a reasonable price. Considering my Epileptic Angel Samson came from a CKC registered Breeder and became epileptic, I do not have much faith in the CKC. I commend the lady who is trying to shut them down but, she must've known it was a puppy mill. Sorry, the price alone should've told her that. We "cheaped out" in getting our bully puppies, and in the long run it is not very cheap. I do not condone puppy mills or anything associated with it, and would love to see them all shut down. I will probably never buy a dog again, and will rescue only. That is now. When we educate ourselves things are very clear. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because my dogs are relatively healthy for where they come from. I did my research (on health issures) before i even got a bulldog. The issues I have had with my bully Daizy are entropian and elongated palette. WHich from my understanding is pretty common for the breed. And my Frenchie has a little OCD but that could also be because I baby them.

    Puppy mills can only exist if we keep buying from them. STOP buying from them. People are looking for the cheapest deal and then are upset when their pups end up with severe health issues down the road. If the pup is half the price of what the usually go for, you can bet your *** it is a mill or byb!! People need to take responsibility for their actions. I know where I got my pups from and am horrified to know what kind of conditions their family has had to live in. I will make sure my pups health needs are taken care of. And will make sure I never "cheap" out again and either rescue or research my *** off when it comes to breeders.

    It pisses me off when these people cry the blues about the health issues with their pups. They cheaped out on buying a very expensive dog, and then freak out when they start having problems with their pups. The difference between me and them is I admit I knew deep down where I was getting my dogs from, maybe not the severity of it, but I knew, and I don't complain when I have health issues, I take care of it. WOuld these people still be screaming if their pooches didn't have major issues, probably not and they would be getting more pups from them because the price is so good. jmo.
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 09-04-2013 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Breeder name removed

  5. #5
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    I was stupid enough to read this article. I am absolutely devastated as Tubby is from Canada Bulldogs. I am shaking as I type this. I KNEW he never came from a reputable breeder! I effin' knew it! No responsible breeder would ever let a puppy go with a level 3 heart murmur! I could kill the bastard who is running this puppy mill! I just don't even know what to think or do right now.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I KNOW exactly how you feel!!! When I found out exactly where Sheldon came from I was so mad I could spit nails!!!

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  6. #6
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    I KNOW exactly how you feel!!! When I found out exactly where Sheldon came from I was so mad I could spit nails!!!
    I am furious! Tubby was a Christmas gift to me from my fiancée. He's another I wouldn't mind globbering with a hammer right now for not researching and just buying cause his buddy knew the guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  7. #7
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Daizy and Dukes mom View Post
    Hi Susie,

    I am one of those people who has pups from Dmitry @ perfectbulldogpuppies. My Daizy and Duke are 3.5 yrs old. I bought on a wimsy and really knew better considering where I went to pick up Daizy in Richmond Hill (DUke was delivered to my house). I was heartbroken from losing my epileptic Schnauzer and just wanted another fur-kid. He told me straight up he was a broker, that he did not lie about. Deep down I knew where i was buying from, but at that point I really didnt care and wanted a bully at a reasonable price. Considering my Epileptic Angel Samson came from a CKC registered Breeder and became epileptic, I do not have much faith in the CKC. I commend the lady who is trying to shut them down but, she must've known it was a puppy mill. Sorry, the price alone should've told her that. We "cheaped out" in getting our bully puppies, and in the long run it is not very cheap. I do not condone puppy mills or anything associated with it, and would love to see them all shut down. I will probably never buy a dog again, and will rescue only. That is now. When we educate ourselves things are very clear. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because my dogs are relatively healthy for where they come from. I did my research (on health issures) before i even got a bulldog. The issues I have had with my bully Daizy are entropian and elongated palette. WHich from my understanding is pretty common for the breed. And my Frenchie has a little OCD but that could also be because I baby them.

    Puppy mills can only exist if we keep buying from them. STOP buying from them. People are looking for the cheapest deal and then are upset when their pups end up with severe health issues down the road. If the pup is half the price of what the usually go for, you can bet your *** it is a mill or byb!! People need to take responsibility for their actions. I know where I got my pups from and am horrified to know what kind of conditions their family has had to live in. I will make sure my pups health needs are taken care of. And will make sure I never "cheap" out again and either rescue or research my *** off when it comes to breeders.

    It pisses me off when these people cry the blues about the health issues with their pups. They cheaped out on buying a very expensive dog, and then freak out when they start having problems with their pups. The difference between me and them is I admit I knew deep down where I was getting my dogs from, maybe not the severity of it, but I knew, and I don't complain when I have health issues, I take care of it. WOuld these people still be screaming if their pooches didn't have major issues, probably not and they would be getting more pups from them because the price is so good. jmo.
    a Broker is that what they call them? I really didn't realize where my baby was coming from and now that I know I will rescue instead but we lucked out because Sheldon is relatively healthy not many allergies no other problems vet always checks him over really well when we go in there. Always looks at his ears his mouth teeth gums legs joints and everything else he can think to check especially after he found out where he came from. When we got Sheldon she insisted on taking him home to bath him and then we were to meet her later at a predetermined place which of course we did and we also got his paper work which I am currently having the AKC look over because if there is another puppy mill I want it found and shut down.

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  8. #8
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    I am furious! Tubby was a Christmas gift to me from my fiancée. He's another I wouldn't mind globbering with a hammer right now for not researching and just buying cause his buddy knew the guy.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    I admit I should have researched more! I was so happy I had found a baby that was close to me the other baby I was going to have to drive for about 45 minutes which is fine but I found Sheldon in the town I live in and I thought OH it must be meant to be and I looked into those brown eyes and fell in love with him I would have paid anything for him at that point. He stood up on the side of the play pen and I just couldn't take my eyes off him and when I picked him up he hugged me!makes me tear up just thinking about it because I'm pretty sure he was thinking "My own humans" I love him so much I just can't fathom why people treat them the way they do.

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  9. #9
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    I admit I should have researched more! I was so happy I had found a baby that was close to me the other baby I was going to have to drive for about 45 minutes which is fine but I found Sheldon in the town I live in and I thought OH it must be meant to be and I looked into those brown eyes and fell in love with him I would have paid anything for him at that point. He stood up on the side of the play pen and I just couldn't take my eyes off him and when I picked him up he hugged me!makes me tear up just thinking about it because I'm pretty sure he was thinking "My own humans" I love him so much I just can't fathom why people treat them the way they do.
    I think it's one of those things that you see that cute little wrinkly face and you fall in love so you tell yourself anything just so that you can make them yours. I will admit whether Tubbs came from a mill or a breeder or even a stork brought him he is still the absolute love of my life and I will always have an EB because of him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

  10. #10
    I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Jennifer Clark's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Searcy, Arkansas
    Posts
    2,846
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    15
    Blog Entries
    8

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by TubbysMom View Post
    I think it's one of those things that you see that cute little wrinkly face and you fall in love so you tell yourself anything just so that you can make them yours. I will admit whether Tubbs came from a mill or a breeder or even a stork brought him he is still the absolute love of my life and I will always have an EB because of him.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
    absolutely!! I will always have an EB because of Sheldon I have never known such love as I get from him! My kids and he are my heart the center of my world. I am currently looking for Sheldon's sister I just want to know she has a loving home. I have had nightmares about her and it breaks my heart that I haven't been able to locate her.

    R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

  11. #11
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    JeannieCO's Avatar
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Conifer, Colorado
    Posts
    13,413
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)
    620

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by Daizy and Dukes mom View Post
    Hi Susie,

    I am one of those people who has pups from Dmitry. My Daizy and Duke are 3.5 yrs old. I bought on a wimsy and really knew better considering where I went to pick up Daizy in Richmond Hill (DUke was delivered to my house). I was heartbroken from losing my epileptic Schnauzer and just wanted another fur-kid. He told me straight up he was a broker, that he did not lie about. Deep down I knew where i was buying from, but at that point I really didnt care and wanted a bully at a reasonable price. Considering my Epileptic Angel Samson came from a CKC registered Breeder and became epileptic, I do not have much faith in the CKC. I commend the lady who is trying to shut them down but, she must've known it was a puppy mill. Sorry, the price alone should've told her that. We "cheaped out" in getting our bully puppies, and in the long run it is not very cheap. I do not condone puppy mills or anything associated with it, and would love to see them all shut down. I will probably never buy a dog again, and will rescue only. That is now. When we educate ourselves things are very clear. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because my dogs are relatively healthy for where they come from. I did my research (on health issures) before i even got a bulldog. The issues I have had with my bully Daizy are entropian and elongated palette. WHich from my understanding is pretty common for the breed. And my Frenchie has a little OCD but that could also be because I baby them.

    Puppy mills can only exist if we keep buying from them. STOP buying from them. People are looking for the cheapest deal and then are upset when their pups end up with severe health issues down the road. If the pup is half the price of what the usually go for, you can bet your *** it is a mill or byb!! People need to take responsibility for their actions. I know where I got my pups from and am horrified to know what kind of conditions their family has had to live in. I will make sure my pups health needs are taken care of. And will make sure I never "cheap" out again and either rescue or research my *** off when it comes to breeders.

    It pisses me off when these people cry the blues about the health issues with their pups. They cheaped out on buying a very expensive dog, and then freak out when they start having problems with their pups. The difference between me and them is I admit I knew deep down where I was getting my dogs from, maybe not the severity of it, but I knew, and I don't complain when I have health issues, I take care of it. WOuld these people still be screaming if their pooches didn't have major issues, probably not and they would be getting more pups from them because the price is so good. jmo.
    A bit harsh there I'd say. I guess I'm one of those you'd consider who "cheaped out" then. I wasn't necessarily looking for the "cheapest" deal as you say though. Wilson was quite a bit CHEAPER than Emma was. Would I buy from Wilson's breeder again even though he was cheaper, you bet I would. Can you define your definition of a "backyard breeder" please? I'm pretty sure that both Wilson and Emma came from homes that had backyards but are very educated in the breed. I think the thing to remember is that not all Bulldog owners are as educated as you may be on puppy mills. Some are even clueless that they exist. I know it's hard to believe in this day and age but it's true. Instead of preaching about how people need to take responsibility if something goes wrong and stating how much it pisses you off (they are many members here who are still learning to pick out the right pup), how about educating them instead of slamming them for "crying the blues about the health issues with their pups."

    Just a thought!
    Last edited by JeannieCO; 09-04-2013 at 03:02 PM.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

  12. #12
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Posts
    898
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)
    0

    Default Re: Puppy Mills, right here in Canada

    Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    A bit harsh there I'd say. I guess I'm one of those you'd consider who "cheaped out" then. I wasn't necessarily looking for the "cheapest" deal as you say though. Wilson was quite a bit CHEAPER than Emma was. Would I buy from Wilson's breeder again even though he was cheaper, you bet I would. Can you define your definition of a "backyard breeder" please? I'm pretty sure that both Wilson and Emma came from homes that had backyards but are very educated in the breed. I think the thing to remember is that not all Bulldog owners are as educated as you may be on puppy mills. Some are even clueless that they exist. I know it's hard to believe in this day and age but it's true. Instead of preaching about how people need to take responsibility if something goes wrong and stating how much it pisses you off (they are many members here who are still learning to pick out the right pup), how about educating them instead of slamming them for "crying the blues about the health issues with their pups."

    Just a thought!


    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer Clark View Post
    absolutely!! I will always have an EB because of Sheldon I have never known such love as I get from him! My kids and he are my heart the center of my world. I am currently looking for Sheldon's sister I just want to know she has a loving home. I have had nightmares about her and it breaks my heart that I haven't been able to locate her.
    Stay strong Jennifer I know you'll find her! There's nothing more powerful then a determined Bully owner

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •