Susie

Jul 4, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Howie
Last edited by a moderator:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Can't bring myself to read it, it hurts my heart too much knowing how horrendous the treatment is of these sweet babies. :cursing: are every where

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I was stupid enough to read this article. I am absolutely devastated as Tubby is from Canada Bulldogs. I am shaking as I type this. I KNEW he never came from a reputable breeder! I effin' knew it! No responsible breeder would ever let a puppy go with a level 3 heart murmur! I could kill the bastard who is running this puppy mill! I just don't even know what to think or do right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
Hi Susie,

I am one of those people who has pups from Dmitry (edited: breeder name removed). My Daizy and Duke are 3.5 yrs old. I bought on a wimsy and really knew better considering where I went to pick up Daizy in Richmond Hill (DUke was delivered to my house). I was heartbroken from losing my epileptic Schnauzer and just wanted another fur-kid. He told me straight up he was a broker, that he did not lie about. Deep down I knew where i was buying from, but at that point I really didnt care and wanted a bully at a reasonable price. Considering my Epileptic Angel Samson came from a CKC registered Breeder and became epileptic, I do not have much faith in the CKC. I commend the lady who is trying to shut them down but, she must've known it was a puppy mill. Sorry, the price alone should've told her that. We "cheaped out" in getting our bully puppies, and in the long run it is not very cheap. I do not condone puppy mills or anything associated with it, and would love to see them all shut down. I will probably never buy a dog again, and will rescue only. That is now. When we educate ourselves things are very clear. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because my dogs are relatively healthy for where they come from. I did my research (on health issures) before i even got a bulldog. The issues I have had with my bully Daizy are entropian and elongated palette. WHich from my understanding is pretty common for the breed. And my Frenchie has a little OCD but that could also be because I baby them.

Puppy mills can only exist if we keep buying from them. STOP buying from them. People are looking for the cheapest deal and then are upset when their pups end up with severe health issues down the road. If the pup is half the price of what the usually go for, you can bet your *** it is a mill or byb!! People need to take responsibility for their actions. I know where I got my pups from and am horrified to know what kind of conditions their family has had to live in. I will make sure my pups health needs are taken care of. And will make sure I never "cheap" out again and either rescue or research my *** off when it comes to breeders.

It pisses me off when these people cry the blues about the health issues with their pups. They cheaped out on buying a very expensive dog, and then freak out when they start having problems with their pups. The difference between me and them is I admit I knew deep down where I was getting my dogs from, maybe not the severity of it, but I knew, and I don't complain when I have health issues, I take care of it. WOuld these people still be screaming if their pooches didn't have major issues, probably not and they would be getting more pups from them because the price is so good. jmo.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I was stupid enough to read this article. I am absolutely devastated as Tubby is from Canada Bulldogs. I am shaking as I type this. I KNEW he never came from a reputable breeder! I effin' knew it! No responsible breeder would ever let a puppy go with a level 3 heart murmur! I could kill the bastard who is running this puppy mill! I just don't even know what to think or do right now.

I KNOW exactly how you feel!!! When I found out exactly where Sheldon came from I was so mad I could spit nails!!!

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I KNOW exactly how you feel!!! When I found out exactly where Sheldon came from I was so mad I could spit nails!!!

I am furious! Tubby was a Christmas gift to me from my fiancée. He's another I wouldn't mind globbering with a hammer right now for not researching and just buying cause his buddy knew the guy.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hi Susie,

I am one of those people who has pups from Dmitry @ perfectbulldogpuppies. My Daizy and Duke are 3.5 yrs old. I bought on a wimsy and really knew better considering where I went to pick up Daizy in Richmond Hill (DUke was delivered to my house). I was heartbroken from losing my epileptic Schnauzer and just wanted another fur-kid. He told me straight up he was a broker, that he did not lie about. Deep down I knew where i was buying from, but at that point I really didnt care and wanted a bully at a reasonable price. Considering my Epileptic Angel Samson came from a CKC registered Breeder and became epileptic, I do not have much faith in the CKC. I commend the lady who is trying to shut them down but, she must've known it was a puppy mill. Sorry, the price alone should've told her that. We "cheaped out" in getting our bully puppies, and in the long run it is not very cheap. I do not condone puppy mills or anything associated with it, and would love to see them all shut down. I will probably never buy a dog again, and will rescue only. That is now. When we educate ourselves things are very clear. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because my dogs are relatively healthy for where they come from. I did my research (on health issures) before i even got a bulldog. The issues I have had with my bully Daizy are entropian and elongated palette. WHich from my understanding is pretty common for the breed. And my Frenchie has a little OCD but that could also be because I baby them.

Puppy mills can only exist if we keep buying from them. STOP buying from them. People are looking for the cheapest deal and then are upset when their pups end up with severe health issues down the road. If the pup is half the price of what the usually go for, you can bet your *** it is a mill or byb!! People need to take responsibility for their actions. I know where I got my pups from and am horrified to know what kind of conditions their family has had to live in. I will make sure my pups health needs are taken care of. And will make sure I never "cheap" out again and either rescue or research my *** off when it comes to breeders.

It pisses me off when these people cry the blues about the health issues with their pups. They cheaped out on buying a very expensive dog, and then freak out when they start having problems with their pups. The difference between me and them is I admit I knew deep down where I was getting my dogs from, maybe not the severity of it, but I knew, and I don't complain when I have health issues, I take care of it. WOuld these people still be screaming if their pooches didn't have major issues, probably not and they would be getting more pups from them because the price is so good. jmo.
a Broker is that what they call them? I really didn't realize where my baby was coming from and now that I know I will rescue instead but we lucked out because Sheldon is relatively healthy not many allergies no other problems vet always checks him over really well when we go in there. Always looks at his ears his mouth teeth gums legs joints and everything else he can think to check especially after he found out where he came from. When we got Sheldon she insisted on taking him home to bath him and then we were to meet her later at a predetermined place which of course we did and we also got his paper work which I am currently having the AKC look over because if there is another puppy mill I want it found and shut down.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I am furious! Tubby was a Christmas gift to me from my fiancée. He's another I wouldn't mind globbering with a hammer right now for not researching and just buying cause his buddy knew the guy.

I admit I should have researched more! I was so happy I had found a baby that was close to me the other baby I was going to have to drive for about 45 minutes which is fine but I found Sheldon in the town I live in and I thought OH it must be meant to be and I looked into those brown eyes and fell in love with him I would have paid anything for him at that point. He stood up on the side of the play pen and I just couldn't take my eyes off him and when I picked him up he hugged me!:cry:makes me tear up just thinking about it because I'm pretty sure he was thinking "My own humans" I love him so much I just can't fathom why people treat them the way they do.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I admit I should have researched more! I was so happy I had found a baby that was close to me the other baby I was going to have to drive for about 45 minutes which is fine but I found Sheldon in the town I live in and I thought OH it must be meant to be and I looked into those brown eyes and fell in love with him I would have paid anything for him at that point. He stood up on the side of the play pen and I just couldn't take my eyes off him and when I picked him up he hugged me!:cry:makes me tear up just thinking about it because I'm pretty sure he was thinking "My own humans" I love him so much I just can't fathom why people treat them the way they do.

I think it's one of those things that you see that cute little wrinkly face and you fall in love so you tell yourself anything just so that you can make them yours. I will admit whether Tubbs came from a mill or a breeder or even a stork brought him he is still the absolute love of my life and I will always have an EB because of him.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I think it's one of those things that you see that cute little wrinkly face and you fall in love so you tell yourself anything just so that you can make them yours. I will admit whether Tubbs came from a mill or a breeder or even a stork brought him he is still the absolute love of my life and I will always have an EB because of him.

absolutely!! I will always have an EB because of Sheldon I have never known such love as I get from him! My kids and he are my heart the center of my world. I am currently looking for Sheldon's sister I just want to know she has a loving home. I have had nightmares about her and it breaks my heart that I haven't been able to locate her.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Hi Susie,

I am one of those people who has pups from Dmitry. My Daizy and Duke are 3.5 yrs old. I bought on a wimsy and really knew better considering where I went to pick up Daizy in Richmond Hill (DUke was delivered to my house). I was heartbroken from losing my epileptic Schnauzer and just wanted another fur-kid. He told me straight up he was a broker, that he did not lie about. Deep down I knew where i was buying from, but at that point I really didnt care and wanted a bully at a reasonable price. Considering my Epileptic Angel Samson came from a CKC registered Breeder and became epileptic, I do not have much faith in the CKC. I commend the lady who is trying to shut them down but, she must've known it was a puppy mill. Sorry, the price alone should've told her that. We "cheaped out" in getting our bully puppies, and in the long run it is not very cheap. I do not condone puppy mills or anything associated with it, and would love to see them all shut down. I will probably never buy a dog again, and will rescue only. That is now. When we educate ourselves things are very clear. I guess I was one of the lucky ones because my dogs are relatively healthy for where they come from. I did my research (on health issures) before i even got a bulldog. The issues I have had with my bully Daizy are entropian and elongated palette. WHich from my understanding is pretty common for the breed. And my Frenchie has a little OCD but that could also be because I baby them.

A bit harsh there I'd say. I guess I'm one of those you'd consider who "cheaped out" then. I wasn't necessarily looking for the "cheapest" deal as you say though. Wilson was quite a bit CHEAPER than Emma was. Would I buy from Wilson's breeder again even though he was cheaper, you bet I would. Can you define your definition of a "backyard breeder" please? I'm pretty sure that both Wilson and Emma came from homes that had backyards but are very educated in the breed. I think the thing to remember is that not all Bulldog owners are as educated as you may be on puppy mills. Some are even clueless that they exist. I know it's hard to believe in this day and age but it's true. Instead of preaching about how people need to take responsibility if something goes wrong and stating how much it pisses you off (they are many members here who are still learning to pick out the right pup), how about educating them instead of slamming them for "crying the blues about the health issues with their pups."

Just a thought! :idea:

Last edited:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
A bit harsh there I'd say. I guess I'm one of those you'd consider who "cheaped out" then. I wasn't necessarily looking for the "cheapest" deal as you say though. Wilson was quite a bit CHEAPER than Emma was. Would I buy from Wilson's breeder again even though he was cheaper, you bet I would. Can you define your definition of a "backyard breeder" please? I'm pretty sure that both Wilson and Emma came from homes that had backyards but are very educated in the breed. I think the thing to remember is that not all Bulldog owners are as educated as you may be on puppy mills. Some are even clueless that they exist. I know it's hard to believe in this day and age but it's true. Instead of preaching about how people need to take responsibility if something goes wrong and stating how much it pisses you off (they are many members here who are still learning to pick out the right pup), how about educating them instead of slamming them for "crying the blues about the health issues with their pups."

Just a thought! :idea:

:2thumbs::clap2::goodjob::judges:

- - - Updated - - -

absolutely!! I will always have an EB because of Sheldon I have never known such love as I get from him! My kids and he are my heart the center of my world. I am currently looking for Sheldon's sister I just want to know she has a loving home. I have had nightmares about her and it breaks my heart that I haven't been able to locate her.

Stay strong Jennifer I know you'll find her! There's nothing more powerful then a determined Bully owner

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:2thumbs::clap2::goodjob::judges:

- - - Updated - - -

Stay strong Jennifer I know you'll find her! There's nothing more powerful then a determined Bully owner

I certainly hope I do and God help anyone that has hurt her because if she is as sweet as my fur baby I'm gonna extract my pound of flesh for her!!!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This topic is now on full watch by me and will be closed if it goes astray or off topic. :locked:

No doubt that anyone who knows nothing about puppy mills existance will be looking for the best price they can pay. It is not like they give you any advance notice as to why their pups are so cheap, instead they will accuse those selling them for higher prices that put a lot more into their breeding programs as just being money hungry. It's an easy sell!

However, that does not excuse ANYONE, no matter who they are, for breeding puppies and not caring enough to put the health of the pups they are breeding first. These pups mean nothing to them, and worse the bullies they are breeding are bred, fed poor quality food, not given adequate living conditions, exercise and they live in filth. Of course the puppies they will produce will not be as healthy or well socialized than a breeder who does put everything they can into making sure they put 1000% into the parents and the puppies.

The point is-- not one person was born knowing about puppy mills, pet stores, importers, and all the other douchebags out there. They learn from either experience or are taught by others. It is best to approach this with not being rude or accusatory.

I got my first EB from a great breeder, had her for 8 years, no health issues and only saw the vet for shots. As a pup they said she had entropion but after she grew up it was never even mentioned again. Heck I didn't even know English Bulldogs HAD health problems!

My next was the complete opposite, she was allergic to everything, had to take pills daily, get shots, even had her wrinkles removed. Chronic ear infections and she would smell like rotten fish 3 hours after her bath. This was back in 2002. I thought it was cool she came from Hungary- I actually bragged about it!

EIGHT YEARS LATER I find out about puppy mills, importers, ect. Knowing where I got her from (nextdaypets) and that she came from Hungary it was easy to put together the pieces after that. She was a puppy mill dog imported from Hungary and resold by a broker/importer to me. She almost died the first month I had her.

This took me 8 years to learn! My point-- not everyone knows and all we can do is try to educate and share our knowledge.

If I would have known then where she was coming from I certainly would not have got her from there. If I would have been able to get some sort of justice from it-- and believe me I tried because they supposedly had a 1 year health guarantee, they never gave me back even one cent. Did I deserve the $5000 worth of vet expenses I paid? :hellno:

Oh and she was not that cheap either, I paid about $2500 from her and this was back in 2002.

It is unfair to blame the consumer in my opinion for purchasing from mills and pet stores. 95% of the time they don't know and it is not like they are telling them during their sales pitch. When Sarah arrived her ears were bleeding, there was green snot pouring out of her nose, and her flight was 20 hours long. This of course was not told to me until I got the flight itinerary to pick her up! There is no excuse for those who produce pups in this manner, and the consumer should never be to blame for being tricked. Even with research, these people can easily con people into thinking they are getting the best bang for their buck.

Last edited:

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
@jeannieCO Your opinion, if you feel I am harsh. As you are entitled.
I AM one of those people who bought pups from him. So I "cheaped" out . But I am not complaining if and when health issues come up. I take care of them the best i can. And come here for advice as well. When you pick the cheapest place to pick a pup from you have to know there is something fishy, whether they admit it or not. I did and I admit it. I would not ever buy from him again, but I did know something was fishy. And if you are paying $1000 for a bulldog when all the rest are selling for $2000-3000, that has got to set off red flags. You seem to be a very knowledgable person, would that not set off red flags as to why there would be such a price difference? People learn from experience, as I learn everyday

My definition of a back yard breeder is someone who breeds with the only intention being - profit and nothing to do with the best interest of the dog. Same thing as a puppy mill but not as large an operation. Did your puppies come from an operation like this? If they did, I doubt you would be purchasing from them again. That is great and wonderful for you if the people who you got your pups from actually care about the well being of their dogs. Majority do not care as long as your willing to dish out the $$$.

Yes, people need to be educated, I completely agree, and if I was too harsh, I apologize as I did not mean to offend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.