UPDATE: Got the answers from Bogey's Boarding School!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
So.... Dr. Laura (Vet and owner of the Pet Resort Bogey stayed at for 5 days) called me about all the "leftover" food when I picked Bogey up this morning.
It seems, Bogey developed some loose stools on Sunday, and DR LAURA HERSELF took him off his kibble. She was afraid that loose stools would turn into diarrhea. She also stopped his yogurt, and put him on a bland diet, but they still gave him my homemade toppers because they were benign. IF THEY HAD ONLY COMMUNICATED THIS TO ME, I would not have been so upset this morning. I did admonish her for not calling me when they thought there was a problem, as I would have NOT allowed them to give him that stupid high fiber canned bland diet ( Science diet) that all vets seem to have an abnormal attatchment to!! Anyway, I felt so much better now knowing that the kennel staff did not screw up, but I did voice to her that her front desk staff should have been up on what went on. What mommy would not question when 4 meals of kibble are handed back to them?? She agreed and they will call me from now on with any change in Bogey's diet! Neurotic bullies make neurotic mommies! GEEZ!!!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Well you are correct in they should have called you, but at least you know everything is OK and he did get fed. :)

mcraven2

Bonnaroo bound in my bulldog batmobile
Community Veteran
Jan 16, 2012
Boston MA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Giovanni, Princess, and Diva (Frenchie)
Glad you got answers! But if Bogey had diarrhea, wouldn't it be from the Science Diet? If his stools were just soft on his kibble, I would blame the food switch! Doesn't seem fair that you had to pay that! I'm just glad that Bogey is home with his mama now!! :)

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad to hear everything worked out, and you got an explanation from your vet, but they should have communicated to you before changing his diet. I would think the diet change could also cause the diarrhea.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
You are a good bully momma and I'm glad Bogey is back home and doing well!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Excellent work Mary -- Bogey has an great neurotic Mommy ;)

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
Glad you got the answer .. and I would have been very suspicious too if I had been handed back that amount of food. Yet another reason why we dont' ever board our fur-kids ... and why we never ever never never never ever ever ever go on holiday ...... :nope::cry:

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
There should have at the very least been a note in his file for the front desk staff to know that he was taken off his food and what they gave him for them to be able to fill you in when you picked him up. Glad all's good though.

BulldogMoma

Apr 15, 2013
South Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Morgan (born 5-28-2013) Clyde (2004-2012)
One would think it would have been much easier to just add some canned pumpkin to his normal food to regulate the loose stool. I would have been upset, too, for the vet to take it upon herself to change the diet of your baby without a consult. Just glad you are together now and all is well.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So.... Dr. Laura (Vet and owner of the Pet Resort Bogey stayed at for 5 days) called me about all the "leftover" food when I picked Bogey up this morning.
It seems, Bogey developed some loose stools on Sunday, and DR LAURA HERSELF took him off his kibble. She was afraid that loose stools would turn into diarrhea. She also stopped his yogurt, and put him on a bland diet, but they still gave him my homemade toppers because they were benign. IF THEY HAD ONLY COMMUNICATED THIS TO ME, I would not have been so upset this morning. I did admonish her for not calling me when they thought there was a problem, as I would have NOT allowed them to give him that stupid high fiber canned bland diet ( Science diet) that all vets seem to have an abnormal attatchment to!! Anyway, I felt so much better now knowing that the kennel staff did not screw up, but I did voice to her that her front desk staff should have been up on what went on. What mommy would not question when 4 meals of kibble are handed back to them?? She agreed and they will call me from now on with any change in Bogey's diet! Neurotic bullies make neurotic mommies! GEEZ!!!
I agree w/you 100% all vets seem to think that Science Diet is the be all end all... I'm glad that Bogey is doing better!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.