BOGEY IS HOME!!!

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
:whew: So glad our trip is over and done with! We had a wonderful time and the staff at boarding school did a great job of sending lots of pics during our absence. bogey always looked happy. BUT........there is a dark cloud in that sliver lining... ( yes I know that is backwards, but listen to this..)

I took GREAT pains to keep Bogeys feeding schedule just as I do it at home for his time at the kennel. Now these people know him well, as he goes to daycare there occasionally. Bogey gets 1/2 cup of homemade toppers over his kibble twice a day. I measured out the kibble, labeled it with the day and mealtime ( breakfast or dinner) and had COLOR COORDINATED containers with his toppers, each well labeled. I pick him up at 8:10 am ( instructions were to give him breakfast at 6:30 each am) They came out with all his stuff and FOUR labeled bags of his kibble ( Sunday breakfast, Sunday dinner, Monday breakfast and Tuesday breakfast!) this means he missed FOUR meals of kibble!! They must have just given him his toppers- which wa only a scant 1/2 cup!! I WAS LIVID!! Especially since he seemed to have developed diarrhea yesterday, and they treated him as well as did a stool sample for worm as and bacteria which was negative. Since he had no kibble for a day and a half, THAT probably caused the diarrhea!! That cost me an extra $100!!!! I made it very clear at the desk that I was NOT a happy camper. They have really let me down, and after thinking about it for the past few hours, I am calling the vet ( who owns the place) and voice my anger and dissatisfaction. My bill was $488- I paid for extra playtime for him and now I am completely let down. If they can't get my instructions right, how do I know he got anything I paid for? Bad news is I have to do this again next month!! I really don't know what to do. I guess I'll see if I get any satisfaction from Dr. Laura when she calls. Otherwise, Bogey is so very happy to be home! He went straight to his bed and is now sleeping soundly on the couch!! Just had to vent!!
thanks for listening!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am glad to hear that Bogey is home and comfortable again. I would be upset as well being that you left specific instructions for them to follow and it sounds like they started out doing good and then just dropped the ball.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Good to hear he's home and well. You do deserve an explenation!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
At least he's home and well. But yeah, I'm mad for you. This is one of the reasons I'm paranoid about leaving Blue anywhere.

Maybe next month you can get a recommendation for a dog sitter in your own home while you're away?
That's very popular here.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
So...... did he remember who you were????????? ROFL!! ;)
Glad you had a nice time and glad you are back here on EBN! :)

L

Lucy-licious

He's home now and safe :hug:

I would not be happy either. and even more unhappy that an extra $100 was charged because THEY made a foolish mistake :(
You are right to be calling the vet about it. Work out exactly waht you want to say first and do it cooly and collectively.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy he is home and you had a great vacation!

I use to work at a dog daycare and a lot of times you have one or two people that just do what they want and not follow the instructions left by the openers. Sorry, this happened, but you should talk with the vet and let them know ... keep in mind, good possibility next time her goes, everything will be gone, but most likely trashed if he did not eat it or get as instructed. I caught a few people do that and they shortly were looking for new part-time work ;)

Also, do not pay for extra exercise... they never get it as the time just is not there unless they are staffed appropriately.

sorry to sound so negative, most of these place mean well and take great care of the pups, but as in everything there is always a bad apple or two.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I am fuming over here for you!!! I would definitely be making a call back to the vet to let them know what happened. You took the time to label AND color code everything for them and they completely disregarded that. I would say to jott down some notes about what you want addressed and go from there! I find it really helps me to stay focused instead of letting my emotions take over completely

I wish we lived closer or even in the same country because I would be over the moon to watch Bogey for you next month!

Good luck & let us know what happens

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Awwww! Well..I would complain for sure. I'm glad he's home. We use a petsitter that comes to our home. It really is cheaper since we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Everyone stays in their places..with bright shiny faces! Lol..ok..maybe NOT so bright! But much less stress...for them and for their humans!

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Happy he is home and you had a great vacation!

I use to work at a dog daycare and a lot of times you have one or two people that just do what they want and not follow the instructions left by the openers. Sorry, this happened, but you should talk with the vet and let them know ... keep in mind, good possibility next time her goes, everything will be gone, but most likely trashed if he did not eat it or get as instructed. I caught a few people do that and they shortly were looking for new part-time work ;)

Also, do not pay for extra exercise... they never get it as the time just is not there unless they are staffed appropriately.

sorry to sound so negative, most of these place mean well and take great care of the pups, but as in everything there is always a bad apple or two.

So funny you said that about the trashed food- that was my thought exactly! I'll never know if they screw up again because I am making a big deal over it now. And I agree with not paying for the exercise- sneaking suspicion it wasn't done anyway. Ugh!

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Oh yeah so glad he is home with mama!!! I am sorry that this happened and hopefully they will get it right for next time :hug: to you both

OP
mer55

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
So...... did he remember who you were????????? ROFL!! ;)
Glad you had a nice time and glad you are back here on EBN! :)

He DID!! He buried his head in my lap and then realized Ed was there too and kept running back and forth between the two of us!! Happy happy moment!!

samantha2011

Jan 15, 2013
Country
canada
Bulldog(s) Names
samantha and brodie
we have 2 bullies, and I know only one person I would leave them with, and she is our breeder, wish I was closer and your bully could live with me when you leave again p.s. I don't take holidays anymore unless they can come, love them way to much

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry you had this bad experience, but glad that Bogey is back home and happy and okay. I also had to board my dogs back in April when we went to Jamaica for my wedding, and although they took really good care of my two, they seemed happy when I picked them up. We did have an incident when I picked them up, and the young boy who took care of Dozer and Blossom told me he had the diarrhea that day, and that he thought it was from stress. I questioned him, on how long he had had the diarrhea, and he told me that it had started a little the night before, and we came at 10:00 am when they opened to get them, and he had diarrhea twice that morning. I asked him how he was the rest of the week, as they had been there for 9 days, and he said they were fine. I asked him how could he be fine all week and then get diarrhea from being stressed after a whole week? It didn't make sense to me. He was fine otherwise, played, ate, was excited to see us, but the next day when he pooped it wasn't diarrhea, but he did pass a piece of a rubber toy, and later that day he passed another piece. I saved a piece and went back to the kennel, and showed the staff, I also looked in the window of the playroom, and saw similar rubber toys. When I dropped them off before I left on vacation, I filled out a detailed form with what they ate, how much, what their likes and dislikes were, how long they could play in the playroom, and said no more than 20 minutes to half an hour of play, and they were to be watched for panting, and if this happened they were to be put back in their suite to rest, so as not to be over heated or panting to much. I also specifically left instructions that they weren't allowed to have any toys other than Kong toys, no stuffed animals, or soft toys, no tennis balls, or small balls, and no soft squeaky toys, as they eat these things, I also said that if they were given Kong toys they still had to be supervised. So Dozer had eaten pieces of a soft rubber toy, and I was upset about that, but it has also happened to me, they are really fast and they eat stuff. Other than that incident, they were very well taken care of, the staff love my dogs, and they apologized for Dozer having swallowed a piece of toy. I have come to the conclusion that we are very careful with our babies, we go the extra mile to make sure they get the best food, supplements, the extra care of cleaning their eyes, ears, face wrinkles and folds, and their tail pockets, and nobody is going to take the same care and devotion that we do. We have our schedules for them and their routines, and we do things our way, and nobody is going to do things exactly the way we do. But having said that they should follow instructions that are written down and left for the pets they are taking care of. Some bullies and other dogs can have allergies, and that's when it's important to follow the feeding instructions for amounts, and types of food and treats, as this can affect them. Any changes in their diet or amounts can cause stomach upsets, and reactions, as well as diarrhea, and can wreck havoc on their routines. I would also be very concerned regarding how they follow instructions for medications, if they aren't following instructions for food and feedings, or toys, then what if a pet needs daily medications, and they don't administer them properly? That could really harm an animal. I don't blame you for being mad.

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.