Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Default BOGEY IS HOME!!!

So glad our trip is over and done with! We had a wonderful time and the staff at boarding school did a great job of sending lots of pics during our absence. bogey always looked happy. BUT........there is a dark cloud in that sliver lining... ( yes I know that is backwards, but listen to this..)

I took GREAT pains to keep Bogeys feeding schedule just as I do it at home for his time at the kennel. Now these people know him well, as he goes to daycare there occasionally. Bogey gets 1/2 cup of homemade toppers over his kibble twice a day. I measured out the kibble, labeled it with the day and mealtime ( breakfast or dinner) and had COLOR COORDINATED containers with his toppers, each well labeled. I pick him up at 8:10 am ( instructions were to give him breakfast at 6:30 each am) They came out with all his stuff and FOUR labeled bags of his kibble ( Sunday breakfast, Sunday dinner, Monday breakfast and Tuesday breakfast!) this means he missed FOUR meals of kibble!! They must have just given him his toppers- which wa only a scant 1/2 cup!! I WAS LIVID!! Especially since he seemed to have developed diarrhea yesterday, and they treated him as well as did a stool sample for worm as and bacteria which was negative. Since he had no kibble for a day and a half, THAT probably caused the diarrhea!! That cost me an extra $100!!!! I made it very clear at the desk that I was NOT a happy camper. They have really let me down, and after thinking about it for the past few hours, I am calling the vet ( who owns the place) and voice my anger and dissatisfaction. My bill was $488- I paid for extra playtime for him and now I am completely let down. If they can't get my instructions right, how do I know he got anything I paid for? Bad news is I have to do this again next month!! I really don't know what to do. I guess I'll see if I get any satisfaction from Dr. Laura when she calls. Otherwise, Bogey is so very happy to be home! He went straight to his bed and is now sleeping soundly on the couch!! Just had to vent!!
    thanks for listening!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: BOGEY IS HOME!!!

I am glad to hear that Bogey is home and comfortable again. I would be upset as well being that you left specific instructions for them to follow and it sounds like they started out doing good and then just dropped the ball.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Riikka
    Country
    Finland
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Voitto, Taisto, Kylli and Angel-Usko
    Likes (Received)

Good to hear he's home and well. You do deserve an explenation!

The Ultimate Sourmug nycbullymama's Avatar
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    b and w
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

At least he's home and well. But yeah, I'm mad for you. This is one of the reasons I'm paranoid about leaving Blue anywhere.

Maybe next month you can get a recommendation for a dog sitter in your own home while you're away?
    That's very popular here.

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

So...... did he remember who you were????????? ROFL!!
    Glad you had a nice time and glad you are back here on EBN!

Lucy-licious

He's home now and safe

I would not be happy either. and even more unhappy that an extra $100 was charged because THEY made a foolish mistake
    You are right to be calling the vet about it. Work out exactly waht you want to say first and do it cooly and collectively.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Happy he is home and you had a great vacation!

I use to work at a dog daycare and a lot of times you have one or two people that just do what they want and not follow the instructions left by the openers. Sorry, this happened, but you should talk with the vet and let them know ... keep in mind, good possibility next time her goes, everything will be gone, but most likely trashed if he did not eat it or get as instructed. I caught a few people do that and they shortly were looking for new part-time work

Also, do not pay for extra exercise... they never get it as the time just is not there unless they are staffed appropriately.

sorry to sound so negative, most of these place mean well and take great care of the pups, but as in everything there is always a bad apple or two.
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

I am fuming over here for you!!! I would definitely be making a call back to the vet to let them know what happened. You took the time to label AND color code everything for them and they completely disregarded that. I would say to jott down some notes about what you want addressed and go from there! I find it really helps me to stay focused instead of letting my emotions take over completely

I wish we lived closer or even in the same country because I would be over the moon to watch Bogey for you next month!

Good luck & let us know what happens

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Awwww! Well..I would complain for sure. I'm glad he's home. We use a petsitter that comes to our home. It really is cheaper since we have 2 dogs and 2 cats. Everyone stays in their places..with bright shiny faces! Lol..ok..maybe NOT so bright! But much less stress...for them and for their humans!

Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    Happy he is home and you had a great vacation!

I use to work at a dog daycare and a lot of times you have one or two people that just do what they want and not follow the instructions left by the openers. Sorry, this happened, but you should talk with the vet and let them know ... keep in mind, good possibility next time her goes, everything will be gone, but most likely trashed if he did not eat it or get as instructed. I caught a few people do that and they shortly were looking for new part-time work

Also, do not pay for extra exercise... they never get it as the time just is not there unless they are staffed appropriately.

sorry to sound so negative, most of these place mean well and take great care of the pups, but as in everything there is always a bad apple or two.
    So funny you said that about the trashed food- that was my thought exactly! I'll never know if they screw up again because I am making a big deal over it now. And I agree with not paying for the exercise- sneaking suspicion it wasn't done anyway. Ugh!

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Oh yeah so glad he is home with mama!!! I am sorry that this happened and hopefully they will get it right for next time to you both
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bogey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BruceP View Post
    So...... did he remember who you were????????? ROFL!!
    Glad you had a nice time and glad you are back here on EBN!

He DID!! He buried his head in my lap and then realized Ed was there too and kept running back and forth between the two of us!! Happy happy moment!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads