Mac's 1st time at the beach

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
I took Mac and Cleo last weekend to a beach on Lake Michigan here in North Chicago, it was his first time and I was hoping he'd love the water as much as Cleo does. It was eventful to say the least and we were only there about 45 minutes. I was looking for some place dog friendly near me so I wouldn't have to drive all the way to the city and somewhat found a place but they had to be on a leash and since it wasn't specifically 'dogs allowed', if someone complained we'd have to leave. Everyone loved them of course, what do you expect when you go out with 2 EB's? Cleo kept wandering off to go sit with another family who would let her cuddle them and showered her with ear scratches and belly rubs and Mac was a handful to say the least. The first thing he did was roll around the sand like a mad man and tug so hard I had to use both hands to control him. Then he kept tangling me, my kids, and our friend up. The water was so cold that they'd go in for a few minutes then come out. He finally managed to pull me down, chair and all, into the sand face first and I now have some sort of contact dermatitis from it. I even had to go to the doctor for some cream as it was spreading and getting worse almost from the moment it happened. We went home after that. Oh well, maybe next time.

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Sorry to hear you had some issues. Sounds like it was a good time otherwise.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I'm sorry, I don't know why I find this funny. Maybe because we all deal with the same craziness? Maybe next time you can try one at a time until they get used to going to the beach? Anyway thanks for the laugh on a dreary Tuesday morning.

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
HAHAHA!!! At least you found a beach, even if it was a former nuclear waste site.... :laugh:

Hey,,, we have a new meet up group here.... you should join. Lots of events scheduled.... starting THIS coming Saturday>;)
http://www.meetup.com/MilwaukeeBARC/

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:rofl: sorry to laugh, but OMG to have seen video of him pulling you off the chair! sounds like overall it was a fun day, just an overly excited bully boy! thank for sharing and I hope the rash is getting better.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
It sounds eventful to say the least lol Our bullies sure know how to make things interesting!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.