Bulldogs are so dang stubborn!

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Sometimes I wish they weren't - these are our homemade pet steps for Princess Brynn since my bed is so high up it is hard for her little legs to get up that high... then she whines about it. ;) So I got her to go up them once, with a treat of course, but now she looks at me like "pft dream on" *shakes head* try to make life easy for her and she won't just go up them... instead she'd rather make a face and noises at me as if I should move the stairs out of her way.

Attachments

• 1233068_10151829977944539_86038050_o.jpg
    1233068_10151829977944539_86038050_o.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 148

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww, she just wants mama to pick her up. They're not only stubborn, but can be quite lazy too. Lol. Maybe take the stairs away and just put a doggie bed pillow on the floor beside your bed, and see if she settles and sleeps there.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Aww, she just wants mama to pick her up. They're not only stubborn, but can be quite lazy too. Lol. Maybe take the stairs away and just put a doggie bed pillow on the floor beside your bed, and see if she settles and sleeps there.

She used to sleep in her crate all night - I feel bad leaving her there and let her do as she pleases... she figured out bed is more comfy and has slept with me since. but I feel bad because she barley makes it up there... but the stairs are scary and bad so I suppose they have to go! lol she growled at them a minute a go... :happy:

B

Baxter Tiberius

Yes she wants to be picked up :)

Maybe the steps are a bit narrow for her comfort too.

L

Lucy-licious

She's just protecting you from the mean monster stairs :D

I would move them to the bottom of the bed and leave them a day or two to see if she will get used to them enough to stop growling and put her pretty little feet on them.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
You don't have to feel guilty about her sleeping in her crate, they actually like being in the crate if they are used to it. It's a safe place for them, and if used as her sleeping place, and her safe place when you aren't home , and not as a place for punishment, then they don't mind being in the crate. My two were crate trained from the time I brought them home, and they sleep in there at night. During the day I leave the door open, and they will go in there on their own when they want to sleep or just chill, and I have to put them in there when I go out, because otherwise they would eat everything in sight.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
You don't have to feel guilty about her sleeping in her crate, they actually like being in the crate if they are used to it. It's a safe place for them, and if used as her sleeping place, and her safe place when you aren't home , and not as a place for punishment, then they don't mind being in the crate. My two were crate trained from the time I brought them home, and they sleep in there at night. During the day I leave the door open, and they will go in there on their own when they want to sleep or just chill, and I have to put them in there when I go out, because otherwise they would eat everything in sight.
I'm cracking up... Vampire eating bullies!!! :halloween6:I can only imagine the destruction Winston would do... all my furniture would have TEETH MARKS!!! LOL

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I love the way they lull you into a false sense of security. Brutus will be "good" for a while and I will start to think, Maybe I can leave him out while I run to the store, and then BAM! something chewed. Last night he tried to trick us into thinking he was behaving. He was laying down chewing what I thought was a toy only to find out it was my daughters flip flop!! Bad bully :whistle:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I love the way they lull you into a false sense of security. Brutus will be "good" for a while and I will start to think, Maybe I can leave him out while I run to the store, and then BAM! something chewed. Last night he tried to trick us into thinking he was behaving. He was laying down chewing what I thought was a toy only to find out it was my daughters flip flop!! Bad bully :whistle:
So true. Harlea learned how to jump on the couch this weekend and we have been working with her that when she gets up there she is to go to s specific spot and sit or lie down. Yeah that worked for about 30 seconds before she started running laps and trying to eat everything. We have a set of steps for her to use as well but they are just a game to her as she just races up and down them as fast as she can go.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our Nitschke did the same thing... got steps, would not use them, so then my b/f built a ramp... nope, still would not use them. We went out and bought a bench to place at the end of the bed -- ta-da! He used it.

Now Banks, she used ALL of them, nothing stopped her from getting on that bed. Unless, we told her no, then she would go lay on the bench, kind of like saying, if I can't, then he won't either.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
She is a bully alright lol Brutus has been having a hard time getting in our new bed as its high up also! Me being 7 mnths pregnant cannot pick him up to go on the bed! Hubby puts him in bed for me and Brutus has learned his lesson not to get up during the night and jump off b/c he will end up sleeping on the floor lol He would wake up and then cry for us to pick him up again (hubby sleeps right through it)

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
We use a rubbermade step stool LOL and Sheldon would whine to be on the bed but wouldn't let any of us help him up so we put the step stool at the end of the bed and when he whined to be on the bed I just told him to use the step stool it took him a couple nights but he figured out that if wanted on the bed he would have to use them and he does with little to no complaint.

RipleyandBentley

May 13, 2013
Brighton, Colorado
Country
Us
Bulldog(s) Names
Ripley Jaxon & Bentley Winston
Ripley needed the stairs to get up on the couch and has figured out that he can just get up anytime he wants... At first he didn't like it, but pushed pass it once treats were involved. He is also crated at night and will be sleeping on the couch and wake up at 9 and sit up to let you know he is ready for bed. He loves his crate at night.
:jumping:

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Hahah all to funny! I leave Brynn's crate door open and she sometimes goes in there, but has learned that I don't mind her sleeping with me at night so she pretty much says to hell with the crate and jumps up on the bed. I to told her if you want to come up here then use the stairs and she sits and makes the funniest noises and I can't help but laugh at her... then she does it louder. Hahah - I am SO glad I don't have a beaver bully! (yet) I have left her out of her crate since I have got her and nothing of mine as been destroyed - I probably completely just jinxed myself - but so far so good. She does have a specific spot of the couch she is allowed on and that part only and listens to that rule also - hasn't tried to get on the rest, but who knows what she does when we are gone. I will leave the stairs at the end of the bed and see if she gives up and realizes I will win this one :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.