English Bulldog Puppy Weight?

• Thread starter Baxter Tiberius
  • Start date
B

Baxter Tiberius

[MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]
http://www.englishbulldognews.com/forums/showthread.php?30039-Gema-and-Pearl-getting-big
posted this and I wanted to ask a question about normal weight.

Baxter is now well into his 12th week of life ... and he weighs exactly 8.5lbs ...
David yours are 15 weeks old and weigh nearly 25lbs !!!

This is actually the 7th or 8th time I have read this. Puppies around Baxters age inevitably weigh nearly double what he weighs, if not more.

Is 9lbs normal for a 12 week old english bulldog?

Kevin

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
My pups run on the smaller side and are about 7-8lbs at 8 weeks. They usually double that in a month so yes, I would think 9lbs is quite small. When was his weight of 9lbs? Today at 12 weeks?

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
At 12 weeks Luca was about 14 pounds but he is a monster of a bulldog. Monitor his weight gain carefully but don't over feed him to compensate. Eventually he'll be growing right before your eyes.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Sounds like he is on the small side. Harlea was 9.2 at 9 weeks, 15.4 at 12 weeks and 20 on the nose at 16 weeks. If he is eating well, acting normal and healthy I would think he will start to catch up before you know it but I would still watch very closely and not go the route of over feeding him to bulk him up.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Have a 10 week old, weighed 11 1/2 lbs. last week at vet visit.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
[MENTION=9462]Baxter Tiberius[/MENTION] your boy is a little on the small size, but that's OK, he will still grow into a beautiful bully. Our girls were big from the start. At 8 weeks old they were around 12 and 14 lbs. Most 8 week old pups will be from 8 to 10 lbs. Bullies come in all shapes and sizes.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Is it normal for a bullie that's about to turn 9 months to weight 61.5 lbs??
Blue doesn't look big, but he's solid, mostly muscle. I've cut his feeding down by half a cup. Concerned he's gonna be a porker once he's fully grown.

OP
B

Baxter Tiberius

I spoke to the breeder, and his star "Stud" (baxters dad) who was the most gorgeous bulldog I've ever seen, weighed only 40lbs fully grown.
Of course his mother was about that as well.

In addition to this, he had 3 brothers, and side by side, he was at least 30% smaller than they were.

So yes I believe I have a munchkin on my hands :)
Which I absolutely do not mind at all.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
I spoke to the breeder, and his star "Stud" (baxters dad) who was the most gorgeous bulldog I've ever seen, weighed only 40lbs fully grown.
Of course his mother was about that as well.

In addition to this, he had 3 brothers, and side by side, he was at least 30% smaller than they were.

So yes I believe I have a munchkin on my hands :)
Which I absolutely do not mind at all.

And a handsome munchkin :) Bullies come in all different sizes!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Rocco was 10.lbs at 8 weeks and now 15 lbs at 12 weeks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

jm00ser

Aug 10, 2013
Tampa
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Daisy
just hit 4 months with Daisy over the weekend at the vet for her vaccines and bordatella, weighed in at 22 lbs!

It will be nice if your stays smaller! I can't wait until I have to pick up my 55lb bag of cement off of the ground because she doesnt want to walk anymore! :D

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
June is 13 weeks tomorrow and was 15.8 lbs this weekend. She is a butterball :)

gobronco

Dec 16, 2011
San Jose, Ca
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mila and Bruno
Worry about fitness and health before weight. Growing to fast can cause joint and other problems. Then again the breeders are not usually happy with us because our bulldogs don't gain weight fast enough, but they have no problems running around our large backyard at high speed for extended periods of time.

BoscosMom

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bosco
Don't worry too much about weight. We used to be paranoid that Bosco was too lean for a bulldog puppy, but the vet says his weight is healthy. As he gets older we've just discovered that his physique is more tall and lean rather than big and burly. He's now 4 months and about 25 lbs.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online