How much will my Bully weigh?

LarryZek

Sep 1, 2013
Brooklyn,NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Winston is 5 1/2 months and weighs 39 lbs. How big do you guys think he will get? His head is still pretty small.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
He will only gets as big as his genes or parents , it is hard to say as every bullie is different , and sometimes we tend to overfeed them to make them look bigger weight wise ( in uk there is loads of overweight bullies
As you probably aware they will grow up then fill in later ,hes still young

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Larry...just so you know..Bully's grow differently than any other dog. The first year they grow up..the second and into the 3rd, they grow out! Their heads change even at 3! Usually they reach their weight by a year and just get wider and wider! Jake is nearly 3 and I still see him changing!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
I agree with all the above ... find out how big his parents are and that will give you some idea and then get used to the next three years or so of him changing shape!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Larry...just so you know..Bully's grow differently than any other dog. The first year they grow up..the second and into the 3rd, they grow out! Their heads change even at 3! Usually they reach their weight by a year and just get wider and wider! Jake is nearly 3 and I still see him changing!

^^^^^ spot on!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Yep, what they said. :2thumbs:

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Amelia will be 6 months old tomorrow. She will obviously be much larger than her "big" sister because she is only three pounds lighter and already about 3 inches taller at the shoulders. Other than that we have no idea where she'll end up. Trying not to allow her to get heavy because of her bad hips, but trying to give her plenty of nutrition to build her bones and cartilage as much as her body is able.
We did cut her food back a few weeks ago at the vets suggestion because she has grown so quickly. She just made up for the lower amount of kibble by increasing her wood mulch intake. I'm trying to discourage that, but it sure isn't easy! :whew:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.