Looking for a Petsitter in South Jersey (reputable)

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
Hi we are looking for a reputable dog sitter or kennel for Nate. Given Nate's dribble issues and other typical Bulldog issues, I want to be sure that it is someone who knows how to give my Nate all the appropriate care. Anyone who has used someone in the New Jersey (south) area please let me know. We left him with my mother who came here to care for him. However we are planning a trip with her and I am very nervous leaving him with just anyone!!! :w00t::w00t:

bluesteelapd

May 1, 2010
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Mona Lisa and Leonardo
Hey there! I'm in South Jersey. I am fostering a boy EB who would not let me trim his nails. I called Tip Top Kennel http://www.tiptopkennel.com/

They foster German Shepherds and didn't charge me for the nail clipping. I was astonished they were able to do this boys nails. I honestly thought there would be blood shed and an ambulance outside. They were so gentle with him! I could hear them baby talking to him and he never gave them any problems at all. The owner is a super nice lady and I honestly would let them take care of my girl, Mona.

Good luck with your search!
I will also say this: Halo House - I took my boxer there for a weekend and will not take another pet of mine there again. They never told me they pick up the food and throw out what the dogs don't eat in a certain amount of time. My girl was used to an open food bowl and we thought we packed enough food for her. When we got back they said nothing about not having enough food and she had explosive diarrhea when I got her in the house. I called and that's when they told me about how they ran out of food and had to feed her something else. I was LIVID! All they had to do was call me and I would've had 5 people that would have gone out and bought Taste of the Wild for them to feed her. I'd never boarded a dog before...maybe throwing out the food they don't eat is standard practice, I don't know. But switching her food like that, esp a boxer, was unacceptable to me.

Edited to add: two more ideas! We take Mona to a great vet in Woodbury/Deptford area because they know a LOT about EB's. Grey Fox Animal Clinic. I think they board and we've seen two of their vets and love thm.
We have other friends that have boarded their dog at the Millville animal clinic - We used to take our boxer there for routine check ups, they are awesome, too!

There's a place our friends take their dog to (not an EB) called A lotta Luv when they need to board her. I've never been there but they are just as particular about who cares for their dog as I am, so I trust their judgement.

P.S.S....
Hope this helps!

Last edited:
OP
Richard Jones

Richard Jones

Dec 31, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Nate
thank you so much. I will definitely keep those in mind. We are from Hammonton, and I have never used a kennel before, so I am very nervous about taking Nate to one.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.