Maybe the groomer didn't work?

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
I took Brynn into the groomer Saturday morning to have her anal glands done and a bath and all that. Today we were outside and she started doing the butt scratch more than once. She didn't do it Saturday or yesterday though, but I am wondering if the groomer didn't do a very good job with that or if something else is going on? This is kind of gross, but her :poo: doesn't have worms or anything on it, so I don't really know what else to think??

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Maybe it's her lady parts instead of her bum? Aubie scoots sometimes and we always thought it was her bum because she likes it scratched so much, but it's really her lady bits. Once we wipe her, she's fine.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hmm when mine need their anal glands expressed they dont rub their bums on the floor they leak a small drop that will stink whole house down ;-)
Can you see anything sore in her lady parts ,or her licking them more than usual? Perhaps she might have an itch or something stuck to her lady parts

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
I could also be her tail pocket, you might clean it and make sure it is not infected.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I'm thinking tail pocket too!

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
With Daizy, it's itchy lady parts. She has to be wiped after she urinates or she will start doing the spins. She sits very close to the ground when she goes and has an inverted vulva. So that's why she does it

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
First I am thinking tail pocket too, secondly, did the groomer do an internal or external anal gland expression?? Vegas has to have internal about every 5 weeks average. The vet actually sticks his finger in there to massage the glands so they can release. An external is just simply squeezing the :poo: shoot and not really expressing the glands.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
First I am thinking tail pocket too, secondly, did the groomer do an internal or external anal gland expression?? Vegas has to have internal about every 5 weeks average. The vet actually sticks his finger in there to massage the glands so they can release. An external is just simply squeezing the :poo: shoot and not really expressing the glands.

I have no clue whether or not it was internal or external - I can call tomorrow and ask. She only did it this morning when she went to go potty a few times, so maybe she had an itch? There is no redness, sores, or her licking her lady parts at all. I will clean the tail pocket out and see if this works!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
When the groomer did Sheldons she didn't get them done well so we ended up getting them done again at the vet so I decided that if we were going to have them done anymore then I'd just have them done at the vet we got home and he hadn't done the butt scratch dance since.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Well guys I just cleaned the tail pocket - needless to say she kept sticking her tongue out like she was licking the air the whole time. So maybe it did itch? There wasn't much of anything stuck in there though - and it didn't smell. I just got a little piece of dirt or something out. I cleaned it with witch hazel though - hope that is okay. I have read about it on here. I cleaned around the lady parts as well and noticed there are a few bumps - not sure what. No redness or anything. I actually can't see them but can feel them? And they are only around her lady parts. And feel to be about the size of a pencil eraser tip if not smaller. I did take a cotton ball and qtip and kind of itch the tail pocket and she kept sticking her tongue out like she liked that I was cleaning there. Hmm...

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.