Thread: Does My Bully Need More Exercise....

Country
    Ventura, CA. - United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Roxxy
    Likes (Received)

Default Does My Bully Need More Exercise....

Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and just have a few questions... I just adopted/rescue a 2yr old female English Bulldog that goes by the name of Roxxy from an owner that seems like all he wanted with the pup was to breed her. When I first started emailing the owner he had emailed me pictures of the young pup stocky and active, and letting me know that he just needed a loving home for her. I let the owner know that my family and I will be the great home for her. Once we met with the owner and met pup, she had saggy breast, thatís when the owner told us right there and then that she just had a litter two months ago, and not spayed. My wife and kids fell in love with her right away, but my only concern is her saggy breast. Owner mention to me her breast should be back into shape within a month, so my question is, is that true? Does it take a couple of months for her breast to get back into her regular shape? Is there anything I can do to help her with her lose skin/breast such as exercise to get back into shape? The reason why Iím asking is because it looks like her saggy skin seems to slow her down a lot and from time to time we have to do frequent stops when walking. For the past days weíve had to cut down on the walks for the same reason. I ask everyone for your opinion, advice, suggestions please.

Roxxy and I thank you.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Does My Bully Need More Exercise....

They'll go down, you can get her a little snazzy tank top or tshirt from petsmart in the meantime to help hold the skin up where it should be. Like a little training bra for dogs...

Pooper scooper
    Real Name
    Sheri
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
    Likes (Received)

You have to be careful with to much walking also. Most bulldogs aren't built to do a vigorous work out every day. A short walk daily is ok as long as it is not to hot out. The bulldogs are number one breed for heat stroke and it doesn't have to be because they are outside in the yard or in a car. Her skin should shrink over time. It might not ever go back to the way it was before having a litter but should still get better.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Lily's mum breast returned to normal(ish) few weeks ago (lilly will be 5 months on 6th) so don't worry they should eventually shrink
    Bulldogs don't need a lot of exercise but it all goes down to individual dog -i saw someone on the forum with bulldog doing agility (amazing thing btw)
    Lily's mum can easily keep up with american bulldogs on their runs -she loves outdoors ,so is her sister .
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

They will go down but it takes several months for them to go down. I would also watch the walks, if it's hot out keep them short.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Real Name
    Sherry Daye S.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
    Likes (Received)

Also keep in mind if she had the pups by c-section there may very well be some healing to be done internally yet. I would not push her to exercise. Feed her the nutrients she needs as a litter of pups takes a lot away from a dam
    Life is like a box of chocolate covered

Real Name
    Lari
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    (HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
    Likes (Received)

They may never go completely down, but they will get better. HRH still had VERY saggy teats almost 3 months after her litter when we got her.
    A neighbor boy commented that "she looks like a cow". They did firm up but not completely like she'd never had puppies and the four closest to her back legs are still somewhat dangly, but nothing like they were when we first got her 3 years ago. The nipples have remained oversized on most of her teats too even though they don't dangle like they did. So don't expect that they will ever be as small as before having puppies.

Remove Ads