Does My Bully Need More Exercise....

BeBlueRoxxy

Sep 1, 2013
Country
Ventura, CA. - United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxxy
Hello everyone,

I am new to this site and just have a few questions... I just adopted/rescue a 2yr old female English Bulldog that goes by the name of Roxxy from an owner that seems like all he wanted with the pup was to breed her. When I first started emailing the owner he had emailed me pictures of the young pup stocky and active, and letting me know that he just needed a loving home for her. I let the owner know that my family and I will be the great home for her. Once we met with the owner and met pup, she had saggy breast, that’s when the owner told us right there and then that she just had a litter two months ago, and not spayed. My wife and kids fell in love with her right away, but my only concern is her saggy breast. Owner mention to me her breast should be back into shape within a month, so my question is, is that true? Does it take a couple of months for her breast to get back into her regular shape? Is there anything I can do to help her with her lose skin/breast such as exercise to get back into shape? The reason why I’m asking is because it looks like her saggy skin seems to slow her down a lot and from time to time we have to do frequent stops when walking. For the past days we’ve had to cut down on the walks for the same reason. I ask everyone for your opinion, advice, suggestions please.

Roxxy and I thank you.

Erinbarin

May 3, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper, 4 & Penelope, 1
They'll go down, you can get her a little snazzy tank top or tshirt from petsmart in the meantime to help hold the skin up where it should be. Like a little training bra for dogs...

Zoebug

Aug 25, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moola , Gracie , Gabby and Lula Belle
You have to be careful with to much walking also. Most bulldogs aren't built to do a vigorous work out every day. A short walk daily is ok as long as it is not to hot out. The bulldogs are number one breed for heat stroke and it doesn't have to be because they are outside in the yard or in a car. Her skin should shrink over time. It might not ever go back to the way it was before having a litter but should still get better.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lily's mum breast returned to normal(ish) few weeks ago (lilly will be 5 months on 6th) so don't worry they should eventually shrink
Bulldogs don't need a lot of exercise but it all goes down to individual dog -i saw someone on the forum with bulldog doing agility (amazing thing btw)
Lily's mum can easily keep up with american bulldogs on their runs -she loves outdoors ,so is her sister .

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They will go down but it takes several months for them to go down. I would also watch the walks, if it's hot out keep them short.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Also keep in mind if she had the pups by c-section there may very well be some healing to be done internally yet. I would not push her to exercise. Feed her the nutrients she needs as a litter of pups takes a lot away from a dam

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
They may never go completely down, but they will get better. HRH still had VERY saggy teats almost 3 months after her litter when we got her.
A neighbor boy commented that "she looks like a cow". They did firm up but not completely like she'd never had puppies and the four closest to her back legs are still somewhat dangly, but nothing like they were when we first got her 3 years ago. The nipples have remained oversized on most of her teats too even though they don't dangle like they did. So don't expect that they will ever be as small as before having puppies.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.