Give Your Bully a BIG Hug and Kiss Right Now!

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
So, I'm pretty sure Matilda has a bladder infection, so today we trekked out to the emergency vet (ours is closed Sundays and for Labor Day).

While I waited in the lobby, there were several pet parents crying and I felt so awful that I was about to cry, too. I was so grateful that Matilda is such a happy, healthy little baby, and that we were there for something while uncomfortable, not serious. I remember when Tilly had a horrible reaction to eating a bee (she's very allergic), and I was sitting there crying, worrying. It's the worst feeling in the world and we usually don't even think of it until it happens to us.

I just wanted to remind everyone how precious our babies are, and to cuddle them a little extra every day, and be so grateful that we have them. :*( And please send good thoughts to all the sick and in pain pups out there and their families.

And as for Til, we got antibiotics, we're waiting a few days for the culture, but she doesn't seem to be in pain, so I'm sure everything will be fine.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you, Holly for a great reminder, give Tilly a big,wet kiss from me & Cami.

Don't forget to give her a dollop, daily with her food of plain, unsweetened
yogurt and I'd also give a probiotic pill daily as long as she's taking antibiotic.

We never know how long we have with our loved ones, in an instant it can all
end so live each & every day as if it's your last, wear your good stuff & jewelry,
use your best china & silverware, tell & show your loved ones how much they
mean to you and live your best life today...not some day. GOD bless!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yes thank you. I think Harlea is sick of me hugging her but I am still going to do it multiple times a day anyhow.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Very happy your girl is on the mend!

great reminder, and yes, I do hug and kiss my babies every day, several times. :hug:

OP
hnhammond

hnhammond

Aug 20, 2012
Los Angeles, CA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Matilda (Tilly)
Thank you, Holly for a great reminder, give Tilly a big,wet kiss from me & Cami.

Don't forget to give her a dollop, daily with her food of plain, unsweetened
yogurt and I'd also give a probiotic pill daily as long as she's taking antibiotic.

We never know how long we have with our loved ones, in an instant it can all
end so live each & every day as if it's your last, wear your good stuff & jewelry,
use your best china & silverware, tell & show your loved ones how much they
mean to you and live your best life today...not some day. GOD bless!

Thank you all so much! And I LOVE this :)

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Sorry to hear about Matilda but it sounds like she will be a-o-kay with the antibiotic treatment and the all loving she's getting. Thank-you for this thread...a great reminder for us to stop and smell the roses...or in our case...stop and kiss our bullies!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Thank you for the reminder I agree totally. I thought I love on Sheldon too much but I just always want him to know as much love as I can give him and have no doubt in his little doggy brain how much he is loved.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh and I love your signature I have another signature myself that says love has a name and for me that name is Sheldon.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
So, I'm pretty sure Matilda has a bladder infection, so today we trekked out to the emergency vet (ours is closed Sundays and for Labor Day).

While I waited in the lobby, there were several pet parents crying and I felt so awful that I was about to cry, too. I was so grateful that Matilda is such a happy, healthy little baby, and that we were there for something while uncomfortable, not serious. I remember when Tilly had a horrible reaction to eating a bee (she's very allergic), and I was sitting there crying, worrying. It's the worst feeling in the world and we usually don't even think of it until it happens to us.

I just wanted to remind everyone how precious our babies are, and to cuddle them a little extra every day, and be so grateful that we have them. :*( And please send good thoughts to all the sick and in pain pups out there and their families.

And as for Til, we got antibiotics, we're waiting a few days for the culture, but she doesn't seem to be in pain, so I'm sure everything will be fine.
Thank you for the reminder Holly, we are so very blessed!!! I'm glad to hear that Tilly is going to be okay...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.