I need help

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
A lot of you know the story of my Piggy.

A lot of you know how much I love her and it kills me to put up this post. I need to find a rescue or a new home for her.

My husband and I are splitting up. He works 12-16 hour days and is unable to take her. I can take her until I can find a safe home for her but I cannot support her financially or give her the amount of time and care that she will need to be happy and healthy.

I've contacted a Georgia Bulldog rescue group and haven't heard back. Does anyone else know of any other resources in the Atlanta area. I feel so horrible that I fell in love with this dog and can't provide her the forever home she deserves.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
I will contact both rescues in the area. Immediately. I am very sorry for Piggy- but you just remember where you saved her from!!!

Just don't put her on Craiglist PPPLLLLLLEEEEEAAAASEEE

Or you will just be putting her back into where she came from. Give me some time and I will get back to you.

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
[MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION] the lady I just helped save Burke(deaf AB) lives in Atlanta. She told me if I find a bully that needs rescueing to contact her. If they want to call her and then let the rescue know she has a potential adopter , could they do the adoption that way? Please let me know ASAP!!! Her parents have been looking at local rescues for a while to find one. They have no other dogs and live out in the country.

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Oh my gosh I cant imagine how hard this must be on you. :( I am so sorry. Dont beat yourself up, things happen that are unforeseen and like Desertsky said you saved her life. PERIOD> Without you who knows where she would be or how many litters etc. I wish I lived closer, I would take her she is such a sweetie!!!! I agree NO craigslist, there are too many crazies out there who dont love them and dont wanna think of what they want them for.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=1042]arimaeis[/MENTION] has she been spayed yet?

OP
arimaeis

arimaeis

Aug 14, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ms. Piggy
She has not been spayed yet. She developed a UTI the week it was scheduled. The vet wanted to postpone it until she was well again. I haven't been able to get it rescheduled.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Yes, then I would not give her to anyone but rescue- that way you will know in your heart she will not be used and abused by anyone. English Bulldog Rescue of Georgia will take her, they said just to contact them on facebook.

[MENTION=355]gatorfan85[/MENTION] if you message me the name of the people who want to adopt EBRG said they will look into them especially, but they will need to pass the application and home inspection.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=1042]arimaeis[/MENTION], OMG, I am so sorry for your situation, I went through the same 17 years ago when I divorced my kids dad, it broke my heart but I could not afford to keep my two doberman's. My heart is breaking for you and I KNOW help will arrive for you!! I did fortunately have my cousin take both my dogs and they lived a wonderful life and I still got to see them and occasionally buy things for them. I am sad for Ms. Piggy and for you. Just take it one day at a time and I know how wonderful and helpful this site is, help is on it's way, I just know/feel it!!

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
wow sooooo sorry i wish i lived closer to you :( these girls will definately help you find a good home for her!!!

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
Aw no. I hope Piggy lands on her feet. Please keep us updated.

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Awee....so sorry for Piggy. She is beautiful and will get a good loving home. I hope someone post that good news here so we can all celebrate her adoption.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh we definitely will. I am happy to say English Bulldog Rescue of Georgia is getting her. And the family that [MENTION=355]gatorfan85[/MENTION] was talking about will hopefully apply to adopt her after she is spayed and available for adoption.

I told EBRG to PLEASE beg the adopters to come and visit EBN, because Piggy will be missed by all of us. :( But she will be in great hands. EBRG is top- notch people- I would trust them with all my kids (skin and fur) and I have never even met them.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
[MENTION=1042]arimaeis[/MENTION] I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a difficult time in your life. It will pass and things will get better. When I divorced my kids father it was just horrible so I feel your pain. It may seem painful now but time will heal everything.

I am just SO glad that you turned to this website for help because I know that Piggy will end up in the home that you would want for her.

For now.. just take care of yourself and please visit us often!!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.