Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I was looking at Sheldon's papers the other day that I have as of yet sent in to the AKC and I have to come up with an AKC name I have no idea how to do this or what his official name should be I am also looking for the breeder that bred Sheldon I have the names of both the sire and dam. I haven't sent them in because this is all so confusing to me and to me it doesn't really matter if he is papered or not I only want it for the extra security of if he were ever taken.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
If you aren't breeding or showing, papers are useless except if you want to hang them on the wall. a microchip is a better idea for safety's sake. if he were taken or missing the vet's can scan him and tell who he is registered too. the micro chipping is done by the vet and generally costs $35 you register you unique # to the chip and whala all set

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
If you aren't breeding or showing, papers are useless except if you want to hang them on the wall. a microchip is a better idea for safety's sake. if he were taken or missing the vet's can scan him and tell who he is registered too. the micro chipping is done by the vet and generally costs $35 you register you unique # to the chip and whala all set

We don't show or anything he is our companion so none of that is important to me I just want him safe! The thought someone would take him from us simply terrifies me! I was also hoping to find his sister I hope she went to a loving home I think about her often and wish I had gotten both of them.

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
From what i understand you dont have a contact number for the breeders? (I dont have tiny brain ...I hate being Polish! Lol)
Have you tried to google original kennel name? In uk when i search for lily kennel name (not her name on the papers -if that makes sense) the kc page (and loads of other ones for dog shows etc) pops out with contact number to the breeders

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
From what i understand you dont have a contact number for the breeders? (I dont have tiny brain ...I hate being Polish! Lol)
Have you tried to google original kennel name? In uk when i search for lily kennel name (not her name on the papers -if that makes sense) the kc page (and loads of other ones for dog shows etc) pops out with contact number to the breeders
I think the problem is they were just a breeder they didn't have a kennel that I can find. I am just afraid that they were a puppy mill and that is why I can't seem to find anything. I have looked those papers over and all that is on there is the breeders name not the Kennel. I have done searches for the dame and the sire and haven't found anything. So if I go to the AKC website I might be able to find them?

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Not sure about akc (im in uk) -maybe give them a ring? You never know they might be able to advise you
I think in uk to register the pups you need to have a kennel name registered -but don't hold me on that as lily was registered so i had to do is fill up change of ownership form

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Not sure about akc (im in uk) -maybe give them a ring? You never know they might be able to advise you
I think in uk to register the pups you need to have a kennel name registered -but don't hold me on that as lily was registered so i had to do is fill up change of ownership form

All right Thank you I will give that a try after the holiday

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki's akc name is Loki beans Bentley copemans Kiernan. First 2 his name 3 his dads name 4 breeder last name and 5 Sean's last name. Not sure if that helps at all

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki's akc name is Loki beans Bentley copemans Kiernan. First 2 his name 3 his dads name 4 breeder last name and 5 Sean's last name. Not sure if that helps at all

Thank you :D I like Loki Beans

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
:)Sheldon is adorable!! So these papers you have..is it just a bill of sale? The paper you send to AKC from breeder will confirm:Breeder and sire name + sire AKC ID number then, bitch name + bitch AKC ID number it will also have signatures of owners. Thats the only way to get Sheldon an AKC ID number, If his parents are AKC dogs (registered) then Sheldon would be too. As for names... for example Harleys Dad is named Comet, his grandmothers name is Star.. so i could have made up a name like "Harley's Orion Shooting Star" Sometimes a breeder will nickname a litter say "the Elvis litter" "Sheldon's Blue Suede Shoes" HA HA hey thats pretty good! No matter what, you have this awesome dog and he will love unconditionally.

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
:)Sheldon is adorable!! So these papers you have..is it just a bill of sale? The paper you send to AKC from breeder will confirm:Breeder and sire name + sire AKC ID number then, bitch name + bitch AKC ID number it will also have signatures of owners. Thats the only way to get Sheldon an AKC ID number, If his parents are AKC dogs (registered) then Sheldon would be too. As for names... for example Harleys Dad is named Comet, his grandmothers name is Star.. so i could have made up a name like "Harley's Orion Shooting Star" Sometimes a breeder will nickname a litter say "the Elvis litter" "Sheldon's Blue Suede Shoes" HA HA hey thats pretty good! No matter what, you have this awesome dog and he will love unconditionally.

He does!!! He is my guardian angel! That is pretty good and yes his papers have both the sire and dames names and number as well as another number DNA number or something like that

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Very cool! so, you need a name HUH? The name thing drove me crazy!!! And the kids hated everything i thought of HAHA ! Good luck!I hope i helped a little..

OP
Jennifer Clark

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Very cool! so, you need a name HUH? The name thing drove me crazy!!! And the kids hated everything i thought of HAHA ! Good luck!I hope i helped a little..

I like Shelson's Blue Suede Shoes!

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
names should be unique, so if you have complete dam and sire name or # you're golden and should have no problem. Go to AKC site and use their search . # and names . If the litter was registered, each puppy will already have a unique # you just need to give him a name and $25 is base cost

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.