Flying monkey!

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Does anyone else's bullies think they are flying monkeys?? Ulysses can get so hyper that he forgets he is a dog, a heavy dog at that. He would fly between couches and even flies towards me when im about 6 ft away. He lands on his feet but sometimes it makes me so nervous that he will land the wrong way. All it takes to calm him down are belly rubs but he needs to jump all around first. Bullies are suppose to be subdued..granted he is still a puppy, but is this normal??

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Yep. We hoped to get a cowardly lion Bulldog but what we got is the flying monkey. He jumps from couches, chairs and even the table top of park benches. He also likes to barrel down short flights of steps. I'm praying he grows out of this. He'll be one 1 next week.
He's actually walking with a limp this morning so I'm keeping him off the couch and bed so he can't jump off. I swear they don't know they are Bulldogs.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh my goodness YES!!! Winston dives on/off all of our furniture during one of his puppy fits!!! Scares me to death that he's gonna break a leg... UGH!!!

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Lol Mack is four years old and we have to coerce him to jump on our bed, I dint know what he was like as a pup though

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

OP
HandsomeUlysses

HandsomeUlysses

Aug 13, 2013
Toronto
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ulysses
Just this morning he landed somewhat head first. He stopped a little and i almost cried but then he kept going like it was no big deal. Thanks for the replies, i really wasnt sure that this was normal. Im waiting for him to grow out of it too. Right now with all the scare, ill take a Mack anytime..lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
All my Bullies have done what I call 'spaz attacks' and they basically just ran all over at full throttle up the steps, down the steps in circles, up on furniture around the kitchen island..... zooooooomm !!! It is like sudden burst of energy that they just have to get rid of

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
I know the feeling of having a Bully who doesnt realize hes 65 lbs! chumfly.jpg

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Does anyone else's bullies think they are flying monkeys?? Ulysses can get so hyper that he forgets he is a dog, a heavy dog at that. He would fly between couches and even flies towards me when im about 6 ft away. He lands on his feet but sometimes it makes me so nervous that he will land the wrong way. All it takes to calm him down are belly rubs but he needs to jump all around first. Bullies are suppose to be subdued..granted he is still a puppy, but is this normal??

We usually refer to Brutus as a flying squirrel. I panic all the time that is going to hurt his legs. He has no fear.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
Yup Brutus is the same! He doesnt get it that he is 60lbs!!! He runs around like a mad man and throws his body into his sister Chanel (she gets knocked down sometimes)

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Yup Brutus is the same! He doesnt get it that he is 60lbs!!! He runs around like a mad man and throws his body into his sister Chanel (she gets knocked down sometimes)

In our house we call that getting "bulldogged" lol.

ChanelnBrutus

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me!
Feb 6, 2012
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
In our house we call that getting "bulldogged" lol.

:ROFL: She gets it at least 5x a day :) I have to get it on video but it happens so quick! She is bigger in height compared to him and sometimes she is sleeping and he jumps on top of her! She looks at me like come on really cant I just be left alone! She luvs her little brother so much!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Oh Yeah, Diva will fly across the livingroom and right into my lap. We call her the flying bulldog.

Deestar

Mar 2, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Lucy
I've got a crazy bully too. Lucy will be two in October and still acts like a puppy sometimes. Out of nowhere she'll get an energy burst and just start running full speed, no matter where she is. If she's outside she'll run over and around objects like it's an obstacle course. The worst is when she torpedoes you at full speed. I've got bruises from it. Lol.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Sheldon does this also from the living room to the kitchen to the dining room through the hall back into the living room on the couch the chair back off and going again someone one here called it the zoomies once LOL...Sheldon will be two in November.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.