Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My time has been sucked into a puppy vortex!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

Default My time has been sucked into a puppy vortex!

She is three months old now....and when I get home my time is spent following her around like a hawk to make sure my walls don't get chewed up, she isn't peeing or pooping on anything or anyone, that she's being properly stimulated, exercised and trained, or isn't choking on something or biting the kids,....getting her teeth out of the hem of my pants, feeding her, cleaning up poop out of the yard....the list goes on......

In the mean time....my house is a wreck. The floors are all clean, but every surface that she can't reach is covered in STUFF that I haven't had time to put away. My family is living off of cereal and ramen noodles, and I look like an insane homeless person. And work....forget it.

PLEASE tell me this doesn't last forever.

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person? Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Pati
    Country
    UK-Cardiff
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default My time has been sucked into a puppy vortex!

Lol -it wont (well it shouldn't ;-) in the meaning time get yourself ,family and house in a routine -so you all helping up to teach your baby manners -as for the house ,work and food-you will have more time to manage it if everyone pull in together
    I do everything on a set schedule -but im a full time carer ,mum, dog nanny, photographer, and house cleaner ...list goes on ;-) it helps me to keep this "robins and co." going x
    Last edited by Pati Robins; 08-30-2013 at 10:47 AM.
    "I use search option before posting new thread "
    Rest In Peace Winston xxx

Shy & Lilly

Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My time has been sucked into a puppy vortex!

Lol, no it doesn't, but enjoy this puppy time, because they grow really fast. They are a part of your family, just like one of your children, but they do depend on us for everything. It just comes down to having a schedule, and being organized and puppy will just integrate into your life, and everything will settle in, and become normal. You won't remember what it was like without her.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Duchess
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to bully puppyhood- I had to double up on the number of times my cleaning ladies were coming!... Lol they are rambunctious little suckers. Gets even worse as they get tired!

Real Name
    Melissa
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ramsay
    Likes (Received)

Ramsay is almost 5 months and I feel like he has started to 'calm down' from when he was littler. He knows his routine and isn't into chewing so much anymore (he's into sniffing and snorting every corner of the house - sounds like I live with a pig)! It does get better! Enjoy the puppy times while you have them!

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by AngAngeles13 View Post
    She is three months old now....and when I get home my time is spent following her around like a hawk to make sure my walls don't get chewed up, she isn't peeing or pooping on anything or anyone, that she's being properly stimulated, exercised and trained, or isn't choking on something or biting the kids,....getting her teeth out of the hem of my pants, feeding her, cleaning up poop out of the yard....the list goes on......

In the mean time....my house is a wreck. The floors are all clean, but every surface that she can't reach is covered in STUFF that I haven't had time to put away. My family is living off of cereal and ramen noodles, and I look like an insane homeless person. And work....forget it.

PLEASE tell me this doesn't last forever.
    hahaha!! Hang in there, it'll get better.

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

This sounds so familiar. We were in much of the same situation but we have been lucky enough so far that Harlea doesn't chew on walls yet but the same can't be said for window sills. Now that we have her play pen she goes in and out on her own and if we need to clean or cook dinner or something we put her in it and close the door. It has been a lifesaver since we got it and prevented a lot of frustration plus our house looks so much better.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Marine91 View Post
    This sounds so familiar. We were in much of the same situation but we have been lucky enough so far that Harlea doesn't chew on walls yet but the same can't be said for window sills. Now that we have her play pen she goes in and out on her own and if we need to clean or cook dinner or something we put her in it and close the door. It has been a lifesaver since we got it and prevented a lot of frustration plus our house looks so much better.
    I forgot to update you....we did get the playpen. We have the 8 panel so it's pretty large. She doesn't mind too much being in there, but when she's there she just goes to sleep. And going in there on her own is a no go. It's just like her crate. She doesn't mind too much, but doesn't seek it out either. So I am feeling guilty putting her in there because it seems it's just so boring for her. Is that idiotic thinking?

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

It does get better and eventually things will settle down hang in there!
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Real Name
    Samantha
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    June
    Likes (Received)

I'm going through the same thing if it makes you feel better! June is also 3 months old as of yesterday and is a little teething terror! Luckily she doesn't chew on the walls, windows or any furniture for the most part. She only likes human parts - OUCH! Our apartment is also tiny which is a good thing now because she can sneak off into trouble.

Real Name
    Carrie
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Stella
    Likes (Received)

It's sounds like you have been looking into my windows and describing my life!! Our 15 wk old is doing all of the exact same things. Praying it stops soon!!

Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    UK
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

I've been saying exactly the same thing to my friends since we got Bella who's 16 week old now....I feel like she just exploded into our lives and every spare minute is centred around her....hope it calms down soon but cant imagine being without her now !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Remove Ads