My time has been sucked into a puppy vortex!

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
She is three months old now....and when I get home my time is spent following her around like a hawk to make sure my walls don't get chewed up, she isn't peeing or pooping on anything or anyone, that she's being properly stimulated, exercised and trained, or isn't choking on something or biting the kids,....getting her teeth out of the hem of my pants, feeding her, cleaning up poop out of the yard....the list goes on......

In the mean time....my house is a wreck. The floors are all clean, but every surface that she can't reach is covered in STUFF that I haven't had time to put away. My family is living off of cereal and ramen noodles, and I look like an insane homeless person. And work....forget it.

PLEASE tell me this doesn't last forever. :hangover:

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Lol -it wont (well it shouldn't ;-) in the meaning time get yourself ,family and house in a routine -so you all helping up to teach your baby manners -as for the house ,work and food-you will have more time to manage it if everyone pull in together
I do everything on a set schedule -but im a full time carer ,mum, dog nanny, photographer, and house cleaner ...list goes on ;-) it helps me to keep this "robins and co." going x

Last edited:

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Lol, no it doesn't, but enjoy this puppy time, because they grow really fast. They are a part of your family, just like one of your children, but they do depend on us for everything. It just comes down to having a schedule, and being organized and puppy will just integrate into your life, and everything will settle in, and become normal. You won't remember what it was like without her.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Welcome to bully puppyhood- I had to double up on the number of times my cleaning ladies were coming!... Lol they are rambunctious little suckers. Gets even worse as they get tired!

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
Ramsay is almost 5 months and I feel like he has started to 'calm down' from when he was littler. He knows his routine and isn't into chewing so much anymore (he's into sniffing and snorting every corner of the house - sounds like I live with a pig)! It does get better! Enjoy the puppy times while you have them!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
She is three months old now....and when I get home my time is spent following her around like a hawk to make sure my walls don't get chewed up, she isn't peeing or pooping on anything or anyone, that she's being properly stimulated, exercised and trained, or isn't choking on something or biting the kids,....getting her teeth out of the hem of my pants, feeding her, cleaning up poop out of the yard....the list goes on......

In the mean time....my house is a wreck. The floors are all clean, but every surface that she can't reach is covered in STUFF that I haven't had time to put away. My family is living off of cereal and ramen noodles, and I look like an insane homeless person. And work....forget it.

PLEASE tell me this doesn't last forever. :hangover:

hahaha!! Hang in there, it'll get better. :excited:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
This sounds so familiar. We were in much of the same situation but we have been lucky enough so far that Harlea doesn't chew on walls yet but the same can't be said for window sills. :) Now that we have her play pen she goes in and out on her own and if we need to clean or cook dinner or something we put her in it and close the door. It has been a lifesaver since we got it and prevented a lot of frustration plus our house looks so much better.

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
This sounds so familiar. We were in much of the same situation but we have been lucky enough so far that Harlea doesn't chew on walls yet but the same can't be said for window sills. :) Now that we have her play pen she goes in and out on her own and if we need to clean or cook dinner or something we put her in it and close the door. It has been a lifesaver since we got it and prevented a lot of frustration plus our house looks so much better.

I forgot to update you....we did get the playpen. We have the 8 panel so it's pretty large. She doesn't mind too much being in there, but when she's there she just goes to sleep. And going in there on her own is a no go. It's just like her crate. She doesn't mind too much, but doesn't seek it out either. So I am feeling guilty putting her in there because it seems it's just so boring for her. Is that idiotic thinking?

Samantha Orts

Jul 12, 2013
TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
June
I'm going through the same thing if it makes you feel better! June is also 3 months old as of yesterday and is a little teething terror! Luckily she doesn't chew on the walls, windows or any furniture for the most part. She only likes human parts - OUCH! Our apartment is also tiny which is a good thing now because she can sneak off into trouble. :)

MyStellaBully

Aug 20, 2013
Geneva, Illinois
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella
It's sounds like you have been looking into my windows and describing my life!! Our 15 wk old is doing all of the exact same things. Praying it stops soon!!

mjtabs2000

Aug 12, 2013
Manchester, UK
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I've been saying exactly the same thing to my friends since we got Bella who's 16 week old now....I feel like she just exploded into our lives and every spare minute is centred around her....hope it calms down soon but cant imagine being without her now !!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I forgot to update you....we did get the playpen. We have the 8 panel so it's pretty large. She doesn't mind too much being in there, but when she's there she just goes to sleep. And going in there on her own is a no go. It's just like her crate. She doesn't mind too much, but doesn't seek it out either. So I am feeling guilty putting her in there because it seems it's just so boring for her. Is that idiotic thinking?
Not idiotic at all. We have one of her beds in there and she does sleep in it but she also has a good selection of toys to play with as well. It took Harlea a little bit to adjust to it but she is fine with it now.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
It gets better, I promise. I thought I was losing my mind! I had a full-time job outside of the house when Dudley was a puppy -- a job that was accustomed to me working 12 hours a day -- I felt on the edge of crazy all of the time. He's 2 1/2 now and things are much different...much better...but there's a little tiny part of me that misses that shark-toothed puppy!

fastmatt613

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This!
Community Veteran
Aug 6, 2013
New Jersey
Country
United states
Bulldog(s) Names
Rocco
Same thing here. Rocco is now 11 weeks and he is a teething terror as well! He must have 50 toys to chew on but still prefers fingers, toes, flip flops, pant legs, etc. And those sharp little teeth can hurt! lol. A part of me cannot wait until this phase is over but as many have said, I know I will miss it when it's gone.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Staff online

Members online