Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My time has been sucked into a puppy vortex!

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: My time has been sucked into a puppy vortex!

Quote Originally Posted by AngAngeles13 View Post
    I forgot to update you....we did get the playpen. We have the 8 panel so it's pretty large. She doesn't mind too much being in there, but when she's there she just goes to sleep. And going in there on her own is a no go. It's just like her crate. She doesn't mind too much, but doesn't seek it out either. So I am feeling guilty putting her in there because it seems it's just so boring for her. Is that idiotic thinking?
    Not idiotic at all. We have one of her beds in there and she does sleep in it but she also has a good selection of toys to play with as well. It took Harlea a little bit to adjust to it but she is fine with it now.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Kathleen
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
    Likes (Received)

It gets better, I promise. I thought I was losing my mind! I had a full-time job outside of the house when Dudley was a puppy -- a job that was accustomed to me working 12 hours a day -- I felt on the edge of crazy all of the time. He's 2 1/2 now and things are much different...much better...but there's a little tiny part of me that misses that shark-toothed puppy!

Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them...
    Filling an emptiness we don't even know we have. -- Thom Jones

Socks Don't Hold Pee.....Trust Me on This! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Matt
    Country
    United states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rocco
    Likes (Received)

Same thing here. Rocco is now 11 weeks and he is a teething terror as well! He must have 50 toys to chew on but still prefers fingers, toes, flip flops, pant legs, etc. And those sharp little teeth can hurt! lol. A part of me cannot wait until this phase is over but as many have said, I know I will miss it when it's gone.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Khaleesi
    Likes (Received)

Well, there is comfort in knowing I'm not alone here! (maybe...haha) She's the cutest sweetest little thing, and I love her to pieces, but man alive she's driving me crazy at the same time.

Head Pooper Scooper I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    David
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Welcome to puppy hood, it will be over before you know it and you will wish it was back. Then it will be time for another one.
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Puppyhood is exhausting... Winston is 8 mos, and he's getting better!!! Some days are better than others, just check my blinds thread... LOL Hopefully soon we will get over this hump, until then...

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

Baxter Tiberius

She is three months old now....and when I get home my time is spent following her around like a hawk to make sure my walls don't get chewed up, she isn't peeing or pooping on anything or anyone, that she's being properly stimulated, exercised and trained, or isn't choking on something or biting the kids,....getting her teeth out of the hem of my pants, feeding her, cleaning up poop out of the yard....the list goes on......

In the mean time....my house is a wreck. The floors are all clean, but every surface that she can't reach is covered in STUFF that I haven't had time to put away. My family is living off of cereal and ramen noodles, and I look like an insane homeless person. And work....forget it.

PLEASE tell me this doesn't last forever.
    Oh dear LORD welcome to my world!!!!!!!!! What a relief to read this post. You are not alone! Baxter is hitting 12 weeks right now and this is exactly my life. My condo, which was a spotless jewel of perfection (and lonely empty solitude) is now a total disaster area. There are stains all over my floor, spills, crap, and piss. (we're talking 80+ accidents in 2 weeks so give me a break if I miss one or two).

I work from home, so can you imagine doing what you do after work ..... all day long? There are days that I am not even showered until 5pm .... and im sweaty and I stink like body odor because all I have done all day is tend to this little piggy every waking minute. YES! This is normal I guess? Im relieved to hear someone else is dealing with it also.

I was reading last night that english bulldogs are NOT for first time puppy owners, because they are one of the hardest dogs to train, and require constant nonstop monitoring. There's actually an intelligence / obedience chart for dogs and English Bulldogs are at the very *Bottom* of the list, with a rating of "Requires 80 to 100 repeats of an activity before they learn something new" ... as opposed to 3-7 times for the other breeds like Border Collie. I try to remember that, and give my goofy little piggy some patience.

I have not worked in TWO WEEKS. I rarely eat 3 meals a day now, and it is a concerted effort to manage my time throughout the day to get everything done. Wish someone would have told me this beforehand, but I probably still would have gotten Baxter

"I look like an insane homeless person"

LOL!!!!!!!! Yes! Like I said, some days I haven't even showered by night fall because of him.

Please tell me this wont last forever....
    Last edited by Baxter Tiberius; 08-30-2013 at 10:30 PM.

Baxter Tiberius

So I am feeling guilty putting her in there because it seems it's just so boring for her. Is that idiotic thinking?
    No im also dealing with this dilemma. I took baxter on a week long trip to California last week. he was in a house with 2 adult bulldogs and had the time of his life. We were in San Diego at a local park and he was seriously just so content, so happy, and so at peace. His face tells EXACTLY how he's feeling. He had so much freedom. My friends didn't care about the peeing on the floor, so potty training and 'crating' was not in effect. He was a HAPPIER DOG ... without a doubt. The first day we came home, his face and entire countenance changed. He was back in his crate and he was miserable. He whined quietly, moaned, and looked and acted miserable. He slept most of the time, and just seriously looked so depressed. I couldn't stand it. I felt like the life that would make him happy was taken from him. So i am scheduling time to take him to the beach and out in public now, hopefully on a daily basis. I work from home so there's hours and hours of nothing to do but watch me on my computer. Its torture for him. He's very unhappy I think.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

OMG you are in deep. What was your life like before? What did you do with all that time? I know where of you speak.

Real Name
    Theresa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Agnes
    Likes (Received)

I had the same problem for Agnes's first probably four months with me. She needed CONSTANT attentionand monitoring, and i was not able to get anything else done until she went to sleep. My apartment was a wreck of things pulled on every available surface to keep them out of reach. She's almost 9 months old now and I can leave my shoes and some other stuff on the floor. She will pick one up every once in a while but she'll put it down when I stand up and come over and ask her sternly what she thinks she's doing. Now, though, she's entering some kind of a teenager phase where she's been testing me all over again! It's still a breeze compared to the baby puppy phase, though!

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker
    Likes (Received)

I am with ya, I feel like a broken record....NO NO NO all day long! Tucker is over 4 1/2 mo old and I feel like my vortex is spinning out of control! The employees at the petstore know my name and Tuckers too! I am there once a week, trying to find something that Tucker will spend 15 min chewing instead of me! I must say I don't have as many holes in my arms as I once did, but I still have bruising up and down my arms and legs. My gf told me not to wear sleaveless or shorts! It's been an experience for sure, when they look at you with that tongue hanging out, you just want to kiss them all over and they bite you in exchange! I know it will be worth it, to have gone through all this and in reward to have the best bully turnout. Thank goodness for this site, as it is my release to see others go through what I am and the outcome is a great reward!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Baxter Tiberius View Post
    Oh dear LORD welcome to my world!!!!!!!!! What a relief to read this post. You are not alone! Baxter is hitting 12 weeks right now and this is exactly my life. My condo, which was a spotless jewel of perfection (and lonely empty solitude) is now a total disaster area. There are stains all over my floor, spills, crap, and piss. (we're talking 80+ accidents in 2 weeks so give me a break if I miss one or two).

I work from home, so can you imagine doing what you do after work ..... all day long? There are days that I am not even showered until 5pm .... and im sweaty and I stink like body odor because all I have done all day is tend to this little piggy every waking minute. YES! This is normal I guess? Im relieved to hear someone else is dealing with it also.

I was reading last night that english bulldogs are NOT for first time puppy owners, because they are one of the hardest dogs to train, and require constant nonstop monitoring. There's actually an intelligence / obedience chart for dogs and English Bulldogs are at the very *Bottom* of the list, with a rating of "Requires 80 to 100 repeats of an activity before they learn something new" ... as opposed to 3-7 times for the other breeds like Border Collie. I try to remember that, and give my goofy little piggy some patience.

I have not worked in TWO WEEKS. I rarely eat 3 meals a day now, and it is a concerted effort to manage my time throughout the day to get everything done. Wish someone would have told me this beforehand, but I probably still would have gotten Baxter

"I look like an insane homeless person"

LOL!!!!!!!! Yes! Like I said, some days I haven't even showered by night fall because of him.

Please tell me this wont last forever....
    wow..I hope things get easier for you..your post has me feeling sorry for you and laughing at the same time. (I look like an insane homeless person!) you definitely need a break! Things will get better! Hang in there!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads