Smelly harley

Harleqiun

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Can someone help me. Harley is 18 weeks old and starting to become smelly. The smell is from the fold under nose. I clean it everyday but it is always moist. Ive tried a little baby powder but that doesnt seem to help. Any ideas?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Is that the only place it smells? What are you currently using to clean the area? Have you tried using witch hazel or Douxo pads?

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Is it a sour smell? I get something like that coming from Tate's face. The folds, especially if Harley has a deep one, can be challenging to keep free from moisture. You're doing the right thing by cleaning it daily. I would think baby powder may not work b/c it can fly everywhere, including her eyes. Desitin is another topical you can use but i don't particulaly like it b/c that gets a little messy too. I clean the folds with Duoxo pads--it's an antibacterial topical. You can also clean with some witch hazel which is an astrigent,cooling agent that dries quickly and won't leave the area moist.

OP
Harleqiun

Harleqiun

Jul 29, 2013
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley
Yea thats really the only place it smells. I just use wipes to clean her. I will pick ip some witch hazel and see how that works. Thanks

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Sorry I don't have any experience with this, but you got some really good advice from above members. Does the odour smell like Fritos? If it does, it could be yeast problem.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Diva has a deep fold and it is tough to clean also, mind I never get a smell from the area .
We just use hypoallergenic baby wipes NO SCENT ON THEM, she is very patient and used to having it done , I do it once a week

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
Sounds like yeast- keep it dry and try quadritop it's a generic for panalog- it's an RX ointment that works wonders.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yea thats really the only place it smells. I just use wipes to clean her. I will pick ip some witch hazel and see how that works. Thanks

Cheli's get real sour... witch hazel really helps a lot

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Try a little corn starch in the fold. It keeps the skin dry.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.