Anyone else's bullies do this?

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Does any one else have a bully that follows them everywhere? Even to go shower? :no: Brynn thinks she needs to be at my side at all times and I have almost tripped over her trying to get out of the shower but she insists she be with me everywhere. I take her on rides if I am not going shopping or anywhere I will be in long - mostly just through a drive through for supper, or if I have to run into the gas station I leave my car on w A/C as it's hot in WI right now and take my key fob off so I can still lock my car so no one steals her - LOL. But, jeeze! I love the girl, but if I even get up at night to go to the bathroom there she is - and I know she is tired, but nope she will still get right up. I wish she would just get her rest and not feel that she needs to follow me and wake up every single time I move. Maybe she is just adjusting still - I don't mind at all that she is around me all the time....she is all to funny and brightens my day. I just was curious if it's a bully thing :)

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
My bully follows me like the FBI. He needs to be at my side at all times. That's why I love the breed. They are such loving companions. He doesn't follow me into the bathroom while I shower though. He's got some strange fear or the bathroom.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh I DO believe this is a bully thing, both of my bullies have done this... and yes it does drive me insane especially when I'm in the BATHROOM!!! LOL :yell:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. Where one of us goes Harlea has to follow. Unless she is napping or playing in her play pen. She got in the shower with my wife the other night and it was crazy funny.

BrianW

Feb 17, 2013
Brown Deer, Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brandi, Jackson, Ca$h, Daisey, Winford, Charlee, Darla, Mack, Babee, Ralphie & Stuart
Our Cash, who was deaf and blind when he came to us as a rescue at 12, was always by me for the short 6 months that we had him (RIP). He could be completely asleep and snoring alongside our couch, I would get up very quietly to go to the bathroom, when I got there and I would turn around he would be there. To tell the truth, I miss it completely (none of my current dogs really follow me much).

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Yep got 2 that do that good thing the bathroom is large here , but Tilly will sit there and watch whatever is going on , Diva on the other hand plops right down on the floor and goes too sleep bang gone poof , wish I could sleep like that .
No matter what and where I,M doing they are always within 10 ft of me , in garden sawing logs , in house everywhere , it could be 30 below out or 90 F they are there , and if I go into town to pick up the mail and not take them , there a pair of grumpy bullies when I get home and ignore me for a bit ! lol

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Ruthie is my shadow. Even this morning, I was in the bathroom and I see a little face and tongue peeking through the door. Bullies love their people.

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Yep Jenna also...haven't been to the bathroom alone since she moved in...wish i could train her to shut the door

marianne

May 17, 2012
WV
Bulldog(s) Names
Jenna
Yep Jenna also...haven't been to the bathroom alone since she moved in...wish i could train her to shut the door

bella100

Community Veteran
Sep 7, 2011
Mississippi
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella, Dooley, and Bentley
Oh yes Bella does it to and if shes not behind me shes beside me, if i stop she stops if i take one step so does she, if i walk backwards well guess what she does too it is funny how they like to be right under you but can get aggravating especially when you trip over them, i tell bella all the time (joking of course) im gonna have to sell her to buy me a tooth when she trips me she just jumps up and down and then i realize id go without a tooth haha they are amazing for sure!!:D

KarenP

May 3, 2013
PEI
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Mia
[MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] Mia does that too :lol:
[MENTION=9689]AmberXo[/MENTION] Yes mine follows me around all the time.. it's funny cause she'll just get comfy on the couch, then I'll get up to go to kitchen, here she comes to see what I'm eating lol. But I have to kick her out when I get in the shower or she'll jump in! She loves the bathtub :weird:

mbd963

May 12, 2013
Waterloo, Ontario, Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Ramsay
I totally think this is a bully thing! Ramsay is my shadow! My boyfriend who is used to having golden retrievers thinks it is the weirdest thing! I just think it's adorable. I love having my little Ramsay everywhere I go. The bathroom thing is annoying though.... he even know when I flush that it's time to leave! Got to work on that... haha

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki is always at my heels even when Sean is home and they are playing the minute I walk away from them he has to see where I am going. I haven't taken a shower along without his little eyes since 04/14/2012! LOL

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
That is a bully trait..they don't want to be separated from their family at all Sheldon follows me from room to room he has to be in which ever room I am in....

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
How about four that follow?! Yes, even if I get up to go potty! I tell them I will be right back-stay where you are-BUT NO-I can't be trusted!! Outside-it's a different story....too much "good?" stuff to eat! Nobody listens.........(we have fence):evil:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.