Seizures

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Today when I came home from work I saw that my sweet angel, Debo, had chewed up his cooling pad that I bought from Amazon. He threw up a big chunk of it, I can't believe he did not choke to death. I found him in his crate having seizures. So I rushed him to the vet ER. They gave him a Valium and sent me home. When we got home he was still throwing up foam, still fly biting, & acting drunk. I was so worried that he would be too sedated to throw up so, I brought him back to the ER and they are keeping him in the ICU overnight. I'm the one that needed the Valium!
My poor baby!
Does anyone think by chance, it was the distress from choking on the gel from the cooling pad, or is it maybe epilepsy that is causing the seizures?

Last edited:

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Oh no :( poor Debo!! I hope he is going to be alright! Has he ever had seizures before? I would need a pill to calm myself down after that as well... probably followed by a drink!

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
No, he has never had seizures before. He has had head tremors once, but this was different.
Ha ha, I do need a pill followed by a drink.
I can't sleep!

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
I know it looks gross but... ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377848297.261714.jpg
This is one of the chucks of gel he threw up! And this...
aretepy5.jpg

Last edited:

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
I know it looks gross but...View attachment 54054
This is one of the chucks of gel he threw up! And this...
aretepy5.jpg

Don't worry about it - doesn't bother me :) Well the sight - the fact he is sick and all that makes me sad! But, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he ate THAT much of it and thankfully managed to puke it up and get it out of him but, it's hard to say what chemicals or anything is actually in that so I personally think thats why he is in rough shape right now. I don't want to say that is for sure why - but that's quite a lot of gel/cooling pack to consume. And if he has never had seizures before it makes sense to me for him to consume all of that and puke up that much - hard to say what is left inside of him :/ But thats a lot of stress for one night on a body. Poor boy & poor bully mom :( I wouldn't be able to sleep either... i would be a basket case :/

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Thank you! I'm really sad too! You're right though, luckily he got that much put of him, I can't believe he did.
I know he is in good hands right now, but I'm still a basket case! Debo & I are so close, I love him more than anything!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hope he's feeling better soon! Is there any change that the gel is somehow toxic?

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Poor little guy. Please keep us posted :(

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
That is exactly what I'm wondering! The vet just called me right now and said his temperature is rising, he is still tremoring, and he's having trouble breathing. So they are giving him anesthesia, and a breathing tube. How do I figure out what the ingredients are in that cooling pad!?

Last edited:

Relley Freitas

Aug 7, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
That is exactly what I'm wondering! The vet just called me right now and said his temperature is rising, he is still tremoring, and he's having trouble breathing. So they are giving him anesthesia, and a breathing tube. How do I figure out what the ingredients are in that cooling pad!?

What brand is it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 4

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
It's likely the same stuff they use in those instant first aid ice packs. If it is that cooling gel stuff then It is most surely toxic. Stay calm. Don't loose your cool. I'm sure you told the vet about what he ate so they are checking his blood for toxins. Stay positive and keep us posted.

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
Thank you so much! I do need to stay strong. I can do hard things lol.

The Vet swears it has nothing to do with him eating that gel! Coincidental, I guess!?

OP
Emily

Emily

Feb 2, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Debo
The wrbsite says that the gel is non-toxic but doesnt list the ingredients.. Sorry wish i could help more.. I hope ur fur baby is okay.. :(

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I467 using Tapatalk 4

Thank you so much!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.