Harness Depression

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Luca is such a handsome boy :luv: His look of devastation is a heart tugger for sure lol

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
I am still laughing at those photos. He's so adorable...that look must break your heart!!

Tooleysmom

Community Veteran
Mar 24, 2012
Winnipeg Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Tallulah and Buster
I thought Miss Tallulah was the only one! She avoids, then when her harness is on stays frozen - catatonic. My friends think she looks so depressed. Won't even take a treat until we go outside. Once she is waking she forgets all about it and happily trots along side me. Buster walks right into his -such a happy boy. But then stands frozen until I connect the leash. There is nothing more glorious than walking two Bullies. :yes:

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
Ohh my he certainly has that sad puppy dog face PERFECTED!! He is so cute!! Winston used to run away from his harness, luckily we now have a fenced in back yard so the only time it goes on is when hes going in the car or to daycare and considering he LOVES both of those...he puts it on willingly hahaha :laugh:

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
He doesn't look to happy about it. Harlea is indifferent to her harness and has only worn a collar when we first brought her home. We are working with her on step in and step out of it when it is time to take it off. She has the step out part down pat but we are still working on the step in as she sometimes would rather eat her harness then wear it.

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn runs away from me and lays on his tummy when he sees me coming at him wth his harness too. I don't think it's uncomfortable on him, I think he just doesn't want to go for a walk. Usually i will give him a little treat right after he lets me put it on him and once we're outside, he's fine!

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Amber and ruby don't mind the harness too much. They look at it as a way to grab ahold of the other one and drag them around. For this reason they aren't allow to wear the harnesses unless we are going somewhere.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy stink eye...... :laugh:

a7udyneb.jpg

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
really? Chunk likes the harness because that means he's goin out with us! I yell 'step in'and wiggles right up little nubby tail going and going, this dog loves to go out!! perhaps if you treat him and tell him how hansome he is with it, and leave it on like all day or even a few days eventually he'll get over it!! and if it just putting it on that gets you dagger eyes, put it on then treat, and then take it off again... repeat a few times every day!! until hes ready to 'suit up and roll out'on command

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.