Harness Depression

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Does this ever happen to any of you?
As soon as I put the harness on him he goes into catatonic depression. Sometimes he'll even arch his back up and hold the pose for a few minutes looking very much like a scared cat.
a7udyneb.jpg
vary2uga.jpg
he will just sit there. Like he lost the will to go out and pee. He just looks at me like I just broke his heart:(

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Loki hated his harness for the first few weeks! He would stiffen up and refuse to get into it. We made it into a game give him a treat each time he loosened up enough to get in. We would have him wear it around the house too and play amongst ourselves eventually he wanted to play too. It took forever but he likes it more now but he prefers his collar way more.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Ohhhhh yes! Jake hates the whole process! I even think he holds his breath! My hubby has to literally lay the harness out on the floor, ready to step into. Then he carries Jake to the harness...stiff legged..and inserts his stiff legs onto proper openings, while said harness lays on floor! :bang: Ummmm...NOT me! I get the harness and give him "the eye". He stands still while I put it on...nowwwww if my hubby would just respond to my "eye looks" I'd be happy! :ROFL:

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Loki hated his harness for the first few weeks! He would stiffen up and refuse to get into it. We made it into a game give him a treat each time he loosened up enough to get in. We would have him wear it around the house too and play amongst ourselves eventually he wanted to play too. It took forever but he likes it more now but he prefers his collar way more.

If I could get the little guy to stop pulling I would love use just the collar. He doesn't mind choking himself out cold if he sees someone he really wants to say hello to so I gotta use the harness. He actually runs away when he sees it. It's cute but frustrating :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Does this ever happen to any of you?
As soon as I put the harness on him he goes into catatonic depression. Sometimes he'll even arch his back up and hold the pose for a few minutes looking very much like a scared cat.
a7udyneb.jpg
vary2uga.jpg
he will just sit there. Like he lost the will to go out and pee. He just looks at me like I just broke his heart:(

Great pictures of the devastation. I get the iconic stink eye when I put Busters on and he stands like a statue for the first 2 or 3 minutes.

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Ohhhhh yes! Jake hates the whole process! I even think he holds his breath! My hubby has to literally lay the harness out on the floor, ready to step into. Then he carries Jake to the harness...stiff legged..and inserts his stiff legs onto proper openings, while said harness lays on floor! :bang: Ummmm...NOT me! I get the harness and give him "the eye". He stands still while I put it on...nowwwww if my hubby would just respond to my "eye looks" I'd be happy! :ROFL:

I do exactly what your hubby does lol. Lay the harness on the floor and pace the stiff legged reluctant beast over it.

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi

I do exactly what your hubby does lol. Lay the harness on the floor and place the stiff legged reluctant beast over it.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Maybe trying putting the collar on first then the harness? We also gave it a different name... Loki is very weird about certain words so we call it a tux. He refuses to listen if we say come instead we say here, lay down I don't think so down ok.... maybe Luca is the same way

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377815845.603685.jpg
He looks like a Paxil commercial :(
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377815892.567664.jpg
So sad even after the harness comes off. Like he's traumatized.

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
He is one GOOD looking Bulldog!!

The stink eye is the worst, right? It looks into your soul and says to it "how could you do this to me? I thought you loved me? What did I do wrong to deserve such degradation?"

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
Maybe trying putting the collar on first then the harness? We also gave it a different name... Loki is very weird about certain words so we call it a tux. He refuses to listen if we say come instead we say here, lay down I don't think so down ok.... maybe Luca is the same way

That's a great idea. A bit of subterfuge to confuse the beast. I'll try that.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The stink eye is the worst, right? It looks into your soul and says to it "how could you do this to me? I thought you loved me? What did I do wrong to deserve such degradation?"

exactly.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.