Rough playing pups!

Maomao

Aug 27, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiara - stark
Hello... And thank you for the warm welcome !
We're long time dog owners but new to the bulldog world...
And already have some questions ... How much food is the right amount to feed puppies 3 and 31/2 months, following the labels on the packaging conflicts with the amounts that I seem to find around the forum ... We're feeding two cups a day each in three different feeding ?
Also the playing is getting to rough the female being a little bigger and the Alfa broke the skin on the cheek and will hate to have them damaged their skin to the point of leaving ugly marks and also don't want them to stop playing because it was the reason we got the both.?
Alternatives to ease the rough play?:pray:

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
I would about 1 cup three times a day. Adjust based on how the poop is- soft and runny cut back on food. Bully's play rough it's normal. My female is 18 months when I got my male a few months ago he was 12 weeks and his shark teeth kept puncturing the rolls on my females neck- I was concerned my vet said not to worry

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
Depending on the food you are feeding, if it's a good quality food then the amount you are feeding should be fine, but like [MENTION=6209]Scueva[/MENTION] said, if the poop is soft, cut back a little and if it's hard feed just a tad more, until the poop is just right. They will play rough and as they become tired they will get rougher, so that is the time for a time out. If you see them biting each others face or neck, just stop the play and redirect to a toy or ball. Pups will bite each other and it's up to us to watch them and when they get too rough, it's time to stop and take a rest or nap.

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Make sure they have lots of toys to play with and try and atop them if the play gets too rough. As you may already know bullies are very vocal when they play so it is really all about the body language when things start to heat up we stop them for a few mins kind of a break if you will. Eventually they will be nice to each other :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Walks... take them on short walks together to get some of the energy out which will lessen the rough play

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.