chaped cracked lips bulldog

hanksmomma

Aug 10, 2013
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
HANK
Im not sure if im posting this under the right thing, still new here. So my bulldog HANK has had dry cracked lips that get to the point that they bleed and I feel sooo bad! I do put Vaseline on his lips but he just licks it away! has anyone else had this?:rolleyes:

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
What about coconut oil? It won't hurt him even if he licks it. I always see diy chapstick recipes made with coconut oil...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
You could also try a product called Snout Soother...mainly used for a dog's dry nose but can be applied to the lips too. In fact, I've used it on myself!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Emma gets a lower chapped lip too and it has bled before. I too just use Vaseline and they do lick it off. I do have snout soother that I will sometimes use on her for her lip but mainly just use Vaseline. I try to rub it in pretty good and then I distract her immediately with a treat.

FORDE'SMOM

Jun 17, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Forde
What about coconut oil? It won't hurt him even if he licks it. I always see diy chapstick recipes made with coconut oil...

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

gmta.....i thought of coconut oil....i started using it on forde's nose and it works better than anything i have used in the past......never had a problem with his lips though..<KNOCKING ON WOOD>

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
yep-- I used Vaseline... as others stated, distract with a treat so they do not quickly wipe it off

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.