Outdoors.

ZeusCsmommy

May 9, 2013
Stockton, California, United States
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Zeus
Does anyone else's bulldog want to constantly be going outside. Hell go potty I let him in then all of the sudden he wants out again. He then barks a bit and then wants back in.. And repeat over and over.
He also hates my daughters plastic play set. He use to get on it but now he just detaches the slide (I have no idea how he does this) and drags it all over the back yard or just barks at it for a bit. Then he will come in and want to go back out todo the same. He's been around it since he was a pup so I have no idea why. Is he playing with it. ??

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
They do like to go outside, Hazel will just sit by the back door and look out watching the birds and golfers. Every time I go outside she and Diva are right there ready to go. I think he is just playing with the slide, You will just need to be out there with him and tell him NO, when he does that, maybe redirect him with a ball or other toy.

Harleyleeotis12321

Jul 26, 2013
Buffalo Grove, IL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harley Lee Otis Davidson Eckert
Welcome to my world haha...my experience is, if they get hooked on a habit, they repeat and repeat and the behavior needs to redirected (my theorie) What i do ...if he wants to go back outside a 3rd time(knowing full well he's done his business) i put him in the crate for a time out, he'll sleep for hour and a half. If i let him nap any longer than that, i risk him staying up too late at night. As for the toy hide it or hate to say, it must go, they can get fixated on objects and next thing you know it becomes a bigger problem, Harley has ball issues....and let me tell you it has been quite a challenge. Enough about me...Hopefully someone who can help us both will come along soon.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Oh yes. Harlea loves to be outside. She can go out potty come back in and want to got out again 5 minutes later. She would stay outside if we would let her. She absolutely loves to sun bathe.

JAKEISGREAT

Mar 25, 2011
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Jake
Does anyone else's bulldog want to constantly be going outside. Hell go potty I let him in then all of the sudden he wants out again. He then barks a bit and then wants back in.. And repeat over and over.
He also hates my daughters plastic play set. He use to get on it but now he just detaches the slide (I have no idea how he does this) and drags it all over the back yard or just barks at it for a bit. Then he will come in and want to go back out todo the same. He's been around it since he was a pup so I have no idea why. Is he playing with it. ??

Welcome to my world haha...my experience is, if they get hooked on a habit, they repeat and repeat and the behavior needs to redirected (my theorie) What i do ...if he wants to go back outside a 3rd time(knowing full well he's done his business) i put him in the crate for a time out, he'll sleep for hour and a half. If i let him nap any longer than that, i risk him staying up too late at night. As for the toy hide it or hate to say, it must go, they can get fixated on objects and next thing you know it becomes a bigger problem, Harley has ball issues....and let me tell you it has been quite a challenge. Enough about me...Hopefully someone who can help us both will come along soon.

Yup! They just love being outside! Which is why it's so important to be wary of the heat! Jake actually tries to fake us out by going to the door, acting like he really NEEDS to go out...but after we get up, he runs to the fireplace and begs or his ball. ..which stays on the mantle because of OCD! :bang: Which.. @ZeusCsmommy...sounds like Zeus has too! You just gotta love them! :ROFL:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
YES --- Banks LOVES being out doors... sun bathing or just chilin in the shade. Outside is where she prefers to be

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Winston LOVES being outside too... I have to really watch him, it's been really HOT this week!!! :sunny:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.