Marine Corps Mascot Changing of the Guard

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
so cool.... thanks for sharing

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
I'll have to read this later. Our neighbor's son and his childhood friend (another neighbor) just finished their boot camp. Those two young men are an aspiration to our military. They'll both be making lifelong careers in the Marines. Great kids both academically and in person. And their both gym rats too. They both lost 20 lbs at boot camp, lol.

Oh, I have to let you know, you're going to LOVE one of our next auction items. Hint: Devil Dogs and .999 troy ounces of fine silver. :whistle:

Last edited:
OP
Marine91

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I'll have to read this later. Our neighbor's son and his childhood friend (another neighbor) just finished their boot camp. Those two young men are an aspiration to our military. They'll both be making lifelong careers in the Marines. Great kids both academically and in person. And their both gym rats too. They both lost 20 lbs at boot camp, lol.

Oh, I have to let you know, you're going to LOVE one of our next auction items. Hint: Devil Dogs and .999 troy ounces of fine silver. :whistle:
Very cool.. Please pass my thanks and a welcome to the eternal brotherhood to them and their families for me please. When i went in to bootcamp myself I was 205 pounds. I came out at 160 and was in the best shape of my life.

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Very cool.. Please pass my thanks and a welcome to the eternal brotherhood to them and their families for me please. When i went in to bootcamp myself I was 205 pounds. I came out at 160 and was in the best shape of my life.

They were lean mean fighting machines, lol. Ok so that's not a marine quote but one heck of a funny line in the movie Stripes. :laugh: Dang that's quite a loss!!!

babybully

May 31, 2011
Great Lakes, North Chicago
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cleo, 2 1/2, and Mac, 2
Found this story while browsing one of my Facebook pages this morning. I am a die hard Marine Veteran and believe it or not I actually had a chill come over me around the time that the ceremony took place yesterday. Bullies and Marines go hand in hand with one another and even the bullies themselves have their own modified bootcamp they go through. Enjoy your retirement Sgt. Chesty XIII and Welcome to the brotherhood LCpl. Chesty XIV. There are some cute picks in the article.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/aug/27/chesty-bulldog-retiring-marine-corps-mascot/

Loved the article. The pic of the 'DI EB' staring down at the 'recruit EB' that is on the link you provided is actually my screen saver at work right now. LOL We are not Marines but Sailors instead but my hubby is an RDC at Navy bootcamp which is the Navy's version of a DI so I put it up at work.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Great article! I loved this part...He once caused consternation among Marine wives, however, for snarling and barking at then-Defense Secretary Leon E. Panetta’s golden retriever, Bravo, during an event honoring the Pentagon chief.
Enjoy your retirement Chesty!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Great article and pics! Especially this one:
884585_356233194482499_2017831134_o_s630x419.jpg

Love it! All the stories associated with this were wonderful