JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
So sorry for your loss. I am thankful that you were able to take Baby in and give her a loving stable home.

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Thank you for sharing! I am very sorry to hear about your father in law and your wife's father! How horrible! Very glad to hear you guys were able to take Baby in and mugsy was there to comfort her!

OP
Mugmug

Mugmug

Jul 6, 2011
Miami, FL
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mugsy, Baby (RIP), & Romeo
Thank you everyone for the condolences and well-wishes. We are very happy to have Baby living with us. She's adapting well and is starting to behave like her old self. I think Mugsy will have to adapt a bit, though. He's no longer getting 100% of the attention now. Last night he weaseled his way onto our bed without us noticing. Who knew a 60lb bulldog can be so nimble and light-footed like a ninja! We woke up with him snuggled up between us.

...and oh man....the snoring! We thought Mugsy snored loudly. We have a duet every night!

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
So very sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Such a touching story.

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
My condolences on the loss of a loved one the tragedy that Baby witnessed would traumatize anyone, so happy to hear Mugsy is comforting her giving his support in her fight to adjust and so happy she has a loving home to do this in. God Bless you and your family you all will be in my prayers.

Kimmy

Jun 1, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hurley Who MaGoo
Such a tragic story. The depth of Baby's pain is unimaginable. The healing has begun. My heart goes out to you and your family's loss of a father, friend and bulldog lover.

ABEBD

Feb 18, 2011
Phx, Az.
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
By many names depending on the situation?
Hello,

So sad is right, so happy is correct..the power of Dog Love..Unbelievably TRUE !

Good Day~

yoder

Jul 14, 2013
Edinboro, Pa
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Paisley
Such a horrible tragedy. I am so sorry and will pray for you and your wife. :pray2:. Mugsy will take care of Baby and lessen her grief and sorrow.

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
Such a difficult story -- my deepest condolences to you and your wife -- but what an incredibly sweet story about Mugsy and Baby...made me cry. Thoughts and prayers to you all.

Me too. :*( What a story! Mugsy is a hero. What a wonderful friend he is to Baby. I am so sorry about your wife's father.

Noyes27

Sep 27, 2012
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack
Im so sorry to hear about the tragedy your family is going through. My grandpa was murdered when I was a child. Eventually Baby will feel safe again, and it is really amazing that Mugsy seems to know she needs a friend. Kind of refreshing to see the unconditional love animals are capable of. A small piece of your loved one lives on through Baby, and I think eventually it too will be a bittersweet reminder of your memories of times when everyone was together.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 4

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
So very sorry for the loss of you father-in-law, I hope your wife is well !

What a wonder story of Mugsy being able to comfort his 'sister'.... thank you for sharing.

Your family will be in my prayers

nikegirl44

Mar 20, 2013
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I am terribly sorry to hear of you and your families tragic loss. I am so happy to hear that Mugsy is stepping up and taking care of his sister. Thank you for sharing such an inspiring story.

Bazza

Jun 22, 2013
Melbourne Australia
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Bazza
What a very sad and yet beautiful story, it brought tears to my eyes and then made me smile, that picture of Baby and Mugsy is just beautiful, I would love to wake up to seeing two loving, caring bulldogs snuggles together. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:

mer55

Community Veteran
Nov 16, 2012
Venice, FL.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
Oh I am so sorry for your sad story, but so glad it has sort of a happy ending. I hope Baby and Mugsy will not only rebond like before, but that they help you and your wife through the trauma in your hearts. Thankyou for sharing. Keep us posted on your babies!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.