Brynn's new name is going to be stinky!!

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Pheww; I was aware bulldogs have a farting problem, but this much!?! Have to say it doesn't really bother me, but some are much worse than others, lol. But, is it normal to do ALL the time or is there any way to make it stop? She will just be standing there and fart, or sleeping and fart... lol any ideas as some smell yuckkyy others are whatever it's not that big of a deal.

Thanks! :/ lol.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Lol.... That is my Frenchie's nickname, but it is because he was a beeotch ti potty train.

What are you feeding or did you recently add anything?

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
FACT. Though bulldogs do pass a great deal of wind; 18% of household flatulence is unfairly blamed on the family bulldog.

Lisa Marie Mayer

Feb 20, 2013
michigan
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
lord igor (aka iggy pup), bones and blue
my guy has none. the boston on the other hand is vile. i swear by pumpkin suppliment on his food. makes all the difference. the boston has reflux so he can take much of it...

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
FACT. Though bulldogs do pass a great deal of wind; 18% of household flatulence is unfairly blamed on the family bulldog.

I can certainly atest to this fact as the fiancee and I are both guilty of this :rofl: poor Tubbs

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee

Hahahah. :rofl: I can assure this is all Brynn! But, when she isn't just with me then I can't speak for just us either, lol!

- - - Updated - - -

my guy has none. the boston on the other hand is vile. i swear by pumpkin suppliment on his food. makes all the difference. the boston has reflux so he can take much of it...

Where exactly can I get this pumpkin supplement? Do you just sprinkle it on his food? I have never heard of this one before.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Lol.... That is my Frenchie's nickname, but it is because he was a beeotch ti potty train.

What are you feeding or did you recently add anything?

I have not added anything. But, her previous owners gave me about 10lbs of her food with her and I have another bag of the same food. They had her eating Purina One Smart Blend: Healthy Weight Management. They said they've tried different foods and this is what she didn't get sick with. And she does tolerate it fine, although they had added water - about enough to just get the food wet, not soup, to her meals as it was easier for her to get down. I have just been doing what they have been doing for her.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Plain yogurt can help curb some of it. Harlea gets it every day and she only really has gas when I forget to give it to her.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fromms. Fromms actually has an ingredient in it that cuts down on the smell of :poo: & :fart:!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I have not added anything. But, her previous owners gave me about 10lbs of her food with her and I have another bag of the same food. They had her eating Purina One Smart Blend: Healthy Weight Management. They said they've tried different foods and this is what she didn't get sick with. And she does tolerate it fine, although they had added water - about enough to just get the food wet, not soup, to her meals as it was easier for her to get down. I have just been doing what they have been doing for her.

Hey Sandy [MENTION=2291]cowsmom[/MENTION]... any suggestions to maybe find a better food for Brynn? Pukina :barf:

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Fromms. Fromms actually has an ingredient in it that cuts down on the smell of :poo: & :fart:!!

Where do I get this at?

- - - Updated - - -

Plain yogurt can help curb some of it. Harlea gets it every day and she only really has gas when I forget to give it to her.

I will pick up some - this would be a nice snack also :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok i looked up the ingredients and i dont think there is anything like it really that you would want to feed the dog. i would like to stay with turkey as it seems to suit the dog well. there is a food called pure vita and they make a grain free turkey. its about he same protein percent but with more fat but not to much. its grain free but its peas and sweet potato really. zignature makes a turkey and peas one but its about 30% protein and im not sure of the fat percentage. there is nothing wrong with that much protein for a healthy dog. natures variety makes a limited ingredient turkey that can be gotten at petco. as for farting a probiotic will help that. i use natures bounty 1 billion units. there are better ones but i have to be careful with sarah.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=9689]AmberXo[/MENTION] fromms dog food is available at some pet stores. If it isn't available around you pm me and I'll show you how to get it.

AubreysMom

Community Veteran
Nov 8, 2011
Millbrook, Alabama
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Aubrey (RIP 5-4-12), Aubie Shug (DOB 3-23-12)
Even since Aubie's been on Fromm, her toots have been gone. She gets them every once in a while when we feed her a special treat outside her normal diet, but even lately I hear them but I don't smell them. It's wonderful! She use to run us out of the room..... and the worst part was that she loved to sleep or nap with her butt pointed toward your face! LOL

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
ok i looked up the ingredients and i dont think there is anything like it really that you would want to feed the dog. i would like to stay with turkey as it seems to suit the dog well. there is a food called pure vita and they make a grain free turkey. its about he same protein percent but with more fat but not to much. its grain free but its peas and sweet potato really. zignature makes a turkey and peas one but its about 30% protein and im not sure of the fat percentage. there is nothing wrong with that much protein for a healthy dog. natures variety makes a limited ingredient turkey that can be gotten at petco. as for farting a probiotic will help that. i use natures bounty 1 billion units. there are better ones but i have to be careful with sarah.

Okay - yeah I just figured to stick with what she has but the adding water to the food; ughh yuck I wouldn't eat that if I were her. I have read a lot about Fromms on here. She gets 1 pill of glucosamine with breakfast in the morning. And has a dentasticx every night - if that makes any difference. I know with my cats when we switched foods we had to graudally do that vs just take away old and put all new in front of them. Just wasn't sure which brand to really go with or what I can do to get rid of the farting. She is really bad! I did buy plain yougurt tonight to see if that helps at all. I would like to really give healthier treats than all the crap the dog treats are - her milk bones are chicken, bacon, turkey, and something else flavored and I can imagine that doesn't help with her farting either!

- - - Updated - - -

I just picked up plain yogurt - going to give this one a try - thanks for the advice :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.