Brynn's new name is going to be stinky!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Okay - yeah I just figured to stick with what she has but the adding water to the food; ughh yuck I wouldn't eat that if I were her. I have read a lot about Fromms on here. She gets 1 pill of glucosamine with breakfast in the morning. And has a dentasticx every night - if that makes any difference. I know with my cats when we switched foods we had to graudally do that vs just take away old and put all new in front of them. Just wasn't sure which brand to really go with or what I can do to get rid of the farting. She is really bad! I did buy plain yougurt tonight to see if that helps at all. I would like to really give healthier treats than all the crap the dog treats are - her milk bones are chicken, bacon, turkey, and something else flavored and I can imagine that doesn't help with her farting either!

Along w/needing a grain free food, those treats are causing gas too!

She doesn't need them at all and later will possibly cause overweight
issues. Healthier options and less stinky gas producing options include
soft boiled egg (slightly runny~better absorption) w/shell on for extra
calcium, 2-3 sardines, water packed or olive oil packed, peanut butter
frozen in kong or even a couple pieces of her own kibble.

All of these changes helped my bullies have hardly any gas & no stink bombs!
They both came with terrible, constant farts & eye boogers...all cleared up now.
Good luck, let us know...she sure is a cutie pie :) GOD bless!

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Okay - yeah I just figured to stick with what she has but the adding water to the food; ughh yuck I wouldn't eat that if I were her. I have read a lot about Fromms on here. She gets 1 pill of glucosamine with breakfast in the morning. And has a dentasticx every night - if that makes any difference. I know with my cats when we switched foods we had to graudally do that vs just take away old and put all new in front of them. Just wasn't sure which brand to really go with or what I can do to get rid of the farting. She is really bad! I did buy plain yougurt tonight to see if that helps at all. I would like to really give healthier treats than all the crap the dog treats are - her milk bones are chicken, bacon, turkey, and something else flavored and I can imagine that doesn't help with her farting either!

Along w/needing a grain free food, those treats are causing gas too!

She doesn't need them at all and later will possibly cause overweight
issues. Healthier options and less stinky gas producing options include
soft boiled egg (slightly runny~better absorption) w/shell on for extra
calcium, 2-3 sardines, water packed or olive oil packed, peanut butter
frozen in kong or even a couple pieces of her own kibble.

All of these changes helped my bullies have hardly any gas & no stink bombs!
They both came with terrible, constant farts & eye boogers...all cleared up now.
Good luck, let us know...she sure is a cutie pie :) GOD bless!

Hah, I thought the exact same about the treats! She however is used to getting a treat with successful potty breaks - I got her with this routine so I did not start that one. So she will come inside and sit and wait for a treat. I will try the peanut butter ones also - those sound better already! I do have peanut butter flavored treats for her also. But, she is 65lbs now and I really would like to stay away from weight problems - my other dog had that and boy did it cause a problem on her hips. :/

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hah, I thought the exact same about the treats! She however is used to getting a treat with successful potty breaks - I got her with this routine so I did not start that one. So she will come inside and sit and wait for a treat. I will try the peanut butter ones also - those sound better already! I do have peanut butter flavored treats for her also. But, she is 65lbs now and I really would like to stay away from weight problems - my other dog had that and boy did it cause a problem on her hips. :/

Not peanut butter flavored, REAL peanut butter. Unless treats are grain free
and holistic, they probably have bad stuff in them. She will like a bit of kibble
from your new food used to praise her potty, etc At 65lbs, she does not need
any more weight causing anything. In the Forum there is a recipe section w/make
your own treats...healthy, nutritious & good for her...keep her OUT of vet's office!

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee

Not peanut butter flavored, REAL peanut butter. Unless treats are grain free
and holistic, they probably have bad stuff in them. She will like a bit of kibble
from your new food used to praise her potty, etc At 65lbs, she does not need
any more weight causing anything. In the Forum there is a recipe section w/make
your own treats...healthy, nutritious & good for her...keep her OUT of vet's office!

Oh lord, at this rate she is going to be one fat bulldog :( She actually is not fat. BUT, is 65lbs to big? I have heard most are about 60lbs. I'd love to keep her out of the Vet's office - every single time we go there it is way expensive. I just posted a threat about healthy treats - I am new to all of this stuff so I have no clue really what I can feed her that won't make her sick beside what you just told me and what I have read. But, I can't trust everything I google either - at least you guys have gave your bullies these things so I know others have tried these vs random articles on google. But, I will give the milkbones to my brother for his dog then and start with the healthier treats for Brynn. That will probably take a lot of our gas problem away, lol. I will try the peanut butter frozen in her kong - that'll give her something to do inside during the hot weather we have!

Texas Carol

Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Oh lord, at this rate she is going to be one fat bulldog :( She actually is not fat. BUT, is 65lbs to big? I have heard most are about 60lbs. I'd love to keep her out of the Vet's office - every single time we go there it is way expensive. I just posted a threat about healthy treats - I am new to all of this stuff so I have no clue really what I can feed her that won't make her sick beside what you just told me and what I have read. But, I can't trust everything I google either - at least you guys have gave your bullies these things so I know others have tried these vs random articles on google. But, I will give the milkbones to my brother for his dog then and start with the healthier treats for Brynn. That will probably take a lot of our gas problem away, lol. I will try the peanut butter frozen in her kong - that'll give her something to do inside during the hot weather we have![/QUOTE]

:smoochwink: Now, you're getting it, GF! She looks to be big boned and so 65 lbs may be fine
for her, my Cami is a big boned, big framed girl & weighs 65 lbs. The average weight
for bullies is 50-55 lbs for girls & 53-58 lbs for boys. We do have some here that are
65-75 lbs and not fat either! You should be able to see her curve slightly inward at
her waistline from looking at her from above. If she is just a solid straight line w/no
indentation or curves outward at waist then she could lose some.

We all learn as we go so no guilt, you are being a good Mom in seeking knowledge
so she can be as healthy as possible. You'll learn all you need to do that on EBN.

JennyeStear

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card!
Jun 3, 2013
Lowell, AR
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Jagger and Ellie
When I first got Jagger and Ellie, their gas was AWFUL. Sometimes I would check to see if they had pooped somewhere it was so bad. For them when I got them switch to a proper food the gas wasn't as bad. Don't get me wrong they are still VERY stinky just not as bad.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Oh lord, at this rate she is going to be one fat bulldog :( She actually is not fat. BUT, is 65lbs to big? I have heard most are about 60lbs. I'd love to keep her out of the Vet's office - every single time we go there it is way expensive. I just posted a threat about healthy treats - I am new to all of this stuff so I have no clue really what I can feed her that won't make her sick beside what you just told me and what I have read. But, I can't trust everything I google either - at least you guys have gave your bullies these things so I know others have tried these vs random articles on google. But, I will give the milkbones to my brother for his dog then and start with the healthier treats for Brynn. That will probably take a lot of our gas problem away, lol. I will try the peanut butter frozen in her kong - that'll give her something to do inside during the hot weather we have!

:smoochwink: Now, you're getting it, GF! She looks to be big boned and so 65 lbs may be fine
for her, my Cami is a big boned, big framed girl & weighs 65 lbs. The average weight
for bullies is 50-55 lbs for girls & 53-58 lbs for boys. We do have some here that are
65-75 lbs and not fat either! You should be able to see her curve slightly inward at
her waistline from looking at her from above. If she is just a solid straight line w/no
indentation or curves outward at waist then she could lose some.

We all learn as we go so no guilt, you are being a good Mom in seeking knowledge
so she can be as healthy as possible. You'll learn all you need to do that on EBN.
[/QUOTE]

I can see her waistline - here is a picture of her that I could quick snap before she was like mom, what are you doing!? Anyways - this has me thinking now - I have been tossing around so many ideas I am questioning where to start with this - BUT, how many times a day do your bullies go :poo:??? Because currently with Brynn eating Purina One Smartblend Healthy Weight Management - she goes at least 3-4 times a day!! And they aren't runny, but they deff are not real formed - very soft. & THEY SMELL. My neighbor fed his dogs crappy food and we could smell the dog :poo: until he switched their food, no more smells. Well... I can smell her's! And I have never had a dog to go this much a day! So - I guess I am in a bigger problem than just her treats because although I see those are causing the gas - do you guys think her food is causing it? I mean... if she needs to go #2 this much a day then her food is going right through her... also should I have to put water in it? The food smells like sh*t to me, so ugh...besides Fromms what other brands are a lot better for her. I think I need to switch foods asap because I can only imagine how this makes her stomach feel. :confused: I haven't even had her a week yet, but starting to really question some of the 'routines' she has such as her meals.... I wanted to keep everything as normal for her as I can, but figured I would try to not be a PITA and ask all of you guys whom have experience.

I appreciate the help!!

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Change her food and also ditch the dentasticx. Get good grain free food that is made of real ingredients, that you could actually feed by themselves, without chemisty. Also treatwise...don't give any...they need one or two healthy meals per day, treats aren't needed. I use treats when training and when they've done something good. I cook pig tongues, cut them to pieces and sometimes dry them in the owen, so they last longer. For teeth health get real big bones or antlers to chew without the risk of choking.

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
ok look i want to caution you since you are a first time bully owner to not try to change everything all at once. bullies are famous for allergies and you dont want to have problems where you have almost none now. if you want to change food do it slowly over 10 days so you can know if its agreeing or not that is why i suggested some grain free turkey food since she is already on turkey. if you want fromm ok but please do it slowly so you can check the results. once she is on a better food then try a treat and see if thats ok then you can add some supplements if you want to.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
ok look i want to caution you since you are a first time bully owner to not try to change everything all at once. bullies are famous for allergies and you dont want to have problems where you have almost none now. if you want to change food do it slowly over 10 days so you can know if its agreeing or not that is why i suggested some grain free turkey food since she is already on turkey. if you want fromm ok but please do it slowly so you can check the results. once she is on a better food then try a treat and see if thats ok then you can add some supplements if you want to.

Thanks for the advice! I am thinking the same as you are - I originally started out thinking treats, but am leaning toward her food being not the best as I have been reading about that all night. So for now - just going to keep the old food and mix in the new over at least a week - probably even longer than that until she gets used to the new food. Like you said, we have minor problems now and I would hate to stir up new ones! So, yeah for now just introduce new food. After that is settled we can look into the treats. I have read much about bullies sensitivity so I can only imagine what chaos would occur if I changed everything on her at once. But I completely understand your thinking and agree - one step at a time :)

cowsmom

Apr 27, 2011
Virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Sarah aka cow
Thanks for the advice! I am thinking the same as you are - I originally started out thinking treats, but am leaning toward her food being not the best as I have been reading about that all night. So for now - just going to keep the old food and mix in the new over at least a week - probably even longer than that until she gets used to the new food. Like you said, we have minor problems now and I would hate to stir up new ones! So, yeah for now just introduce new food. After that is settled we can look into the treats. I have read much about bullies sensitivity so I can only imagine what chaos would occur if I changed everything on her at once. But I completely understand your thinking and agree - one step at a time :)
you will find i am the food guru around here so i am always around for food help. yea i think purina is one of the worst foods there is almost. its amazing what they can put in dog food and call it food. we all have to learn as i once thought beneful was fantastic food. you will do great no worries

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
:smoochwink: Now, you're getting it, GF! She looks to be big boned and so 65 lbs may be finefor her, my Cami is a big boned, big framed girl & weighs 65 lbs. The average weightfor bullies is 50-55 lbs for girls & 53-58 lbs for boys. We do have some here that are65-75 lbs and not fat either! You should be able to see her curve slightly inward ather waistline from looking at her from above. If she is just a solid straight line w/noindentation or curves outward at waist then she could lose some. We all learn as we go so no guilt, you are being a good Mom in seeking knowledgeso she can be as healthy as possible. You'll learn all you need to do that on EBN.[/QUOTE]Big Boned??? Carol, your going to have to show me one of those fat skeletons your refering too !!! :)

bulldogs4me

Crazy Bulldog Lady
Community Veteran
Sep 25, 2012
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Klava
[MENTION=9689]AmberXo[/MENTION] - you've been given great advice already and since Cowsmom is on the job helping you, you will find the right food for your baby.

I just wanted to say I'm glad you found EBN and anytime you have questions just ask away, that's why we are all here, to help each other :) when it comes to our bulldog babies questions and help are always welcome!!

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Thanks everyone! We are heading to buy new food today and slowly make the switch! :)

Staff online

Members online