New bully or extend vacation?

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My bf won the annual achievers award at his work so we're going to hawaii in January. :D He's asking if I'd like to get the week-long trip extended, as most likely there are going to be conferences and company meet-ups that we need to attend. I'm going back and forth between extending and getting a new bully. I really want Stig to have a sis. :bully: What would you do?

Last edited:

bulldog family

Aug 14, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Norman, LeRoy and China
The Hawaii trip might be a once in a lifetime thing... I'd say stay in Hawaii!!!

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
Agree..... take it while you have the chance. That new bully buddy for Stig will come soon ;)

cali~jenn

Mar 28, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
Have you been to Hawaii before? If Hawaii is a chance in a lifetime for you then do it. If you have been before and will go back again then get the bully. :)

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
i would do hawaii!!! you can always get another bullie but the chance to go to hawaii can be once in a lifetime especially if the trip is paid for?!!!

NikkiSchoolcraft

Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2010
Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
Maybe I read it wrong, but you are going to Hawaii for a week and deciding to extend or get a new bully? If your there for a week anyway, I would come home and get a new Bully!!! What is a few days in Hawaii compared to Bully :heart: for years????

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This is a hard choice. If you have two bullies, (which getting the 2nd one would be my choice) you will be tied down more so vacations will be less convienient to plan and execute. So you may want to take this extended one before you get another bully. Very tough decision indeed!

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
BOTH ..... have the extended trip to Hawaii ........ come back and get another bullie!!! :up:

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I've rewritten a response to this five times now so I can't decide either. I guess I'll just say it's a win/win either way so, whatever you choose, enjoy!

2bulliefamily

Nov 17, 2010
Mobile, AL
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola and Brodie
Since I am in the process of getting a new bully, i vote for the new bully. Hawaii is incredible though...if you get a new bully you will have to come up with a "Hawaiian" name..if there is such a thing!

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Im a bad one to ask this, Because I would tell (my Hubby) sure lets extend the trip.... But then when we got home I would say HOOOONNNNEEEEEYYYYYY I really want another bully and then give him that stare that only he and I know :D and then he would give in LMAO sorry Im no help....

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Since you are already spending a week in Hawaii....I'd do the week, then get the great love of a bully when you get home. After 1 week in Hawaii....you'll be ready to come home to Stig. 2 weeks is too long!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
I would do Hawaii extend a trip. This last year I got married in Sept. got Vegas in Oct. went on a honeymoon/Cruise for 7 days in June and it was so hard to leave Vegas and find a reputable place, after MUCH research I did find a doggie spa and LOVED it as well as he did, we went on another 1 year anniversary cruise for 5 days in Sept. again leaving him at the same place. My point is we can not just pick up and go anywhere, it is like having a baby. My husband, being newlyweds, is always wanting to get away for short trips and I remind him of not only the cost of going, the cost of leaving Vegas at the spa. We do take weekend trips occasionally but what a plan it takes, dropping Vegas off, feeling guilty, coming home, picking him up. Travel now you may not get the chance again especially with two. Stig will have a brother or sister soon, take time for you and your BF while you can. (Just my opinion)

Most Reactions