JUST WONDERING

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
Ok boys and girls we will be getting our boy Neutered pretty soon and was wondering, how much will this help with the brattyness? right now its like having a child in the terrible twos he is a total brat! i do plan to put him in some sort of obedience classes later but i heard fixing him will help alot with some stuff, so what kind of stuff will it help with? and even though i feel awful about getting him neutered but with his bad behavior im starting to look forward to it

Lokismom

Jul 22, 2013
Prescott, Wisconsin, United States
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Loki Beans
Since Loki is still with the family jewels I am not a big help here but it does seem like our bullies go thru this awful stage where everything that they learned goes out the window it does get better but it is just like the terrible 2 stage that you are referring too. Hopefully someone will come along with a better answer.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I haven't really seen a difference in Tubby since the big snip. Only difference is instead of falling asleep at 10 pm its 9:30pm

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
As it turns out; if you remove the nuts of a brat;.... You end up with a brat with no nuts.

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
LOL [MENTION=7262]Kross225[/MENTION] said it, he will still be a brat. That is something he will out grow, someday. :)

MeekosMummy

Oct 9, 2012
Wales
Country
Wales
Bulldog(s) Names
Meeko
Haha good luck with that one.. we had meeko done a few months back to try and help with the brattyness and it got worse after the op.. a lot worse!! Their hormones can be all over the place too for a while after the op adjustin to everything which can be part of why they play up more but ive just accepted that its the ''teenage years'' and I just have to grin and bear it and stick with constant training and refreshing things. Give it 12months he might calm down a bit :lol:

OP
REBELBABY

REBELBABY

May 24, 2013
IDAHO
Country
UNITED STATES
Bulldog(s) Names
REBEL
well thats all i needed to hear guys, that he will probably grow out of it THANKS

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
:droolers:Aww he's just living up to his name mom, he's being a little Rebel. Lol. I've heard both sides, some people say they didn't see any difference after neuter surgery, and others like me see a difference. Dozer was never a brat or really rambunctious from day one, he is very laid back. Blossom is much more hyper and has way more energy than her brother. But I did notice that Dozer did get more mellow after his surgery, and he stopped humping as well. I don't know if this was just coincidental but he would hump my leg, or my grandson, and would hump his sister, it after the neuter surgery, he stopped doing this.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
So...I had the original brat...nothing changed after he was neutered, sorry! He has mellowed considerably, however, with age...he'll be 3 years old in late December. More than anything obedience training and age were what really helped!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.