I find this very annoying.

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Just about everyone that see's Brynn says to me "she looks identical to a pitbull, omg she looks mean... then they will back up." Last night we went to the pet store and as we were walking out a lady put her arm in front of the person she was walking into the store with and said "wait.. that dog.. she's a pitbull looks like she could attack us just wait for them to walk by so we can go in" So I turned told Brynn to sit and said "I am sorry, but how nice of you to be so stereotypical as to say my dog is going to 'attack you' 1 - if for some reason she were that way why would I bring her to a pet store with random people? 2 - she's an english bulldog, get your facts straight before you are so quick to judge 3 - have you compared an english bulldog and pitbull - I can most definitely tell a difference. And, she's actually quite a big baby... so thank you for assuming based on looks... I am sure she would have her own opinions of you as well. Have a nice day. " So we walked away. But, this isn't the only person I have heard something like this from... it just annoys me to see how judgmental people can be so they just assume she is mean. :( she will lick you to death and take over your lap before anything else.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Just another reason the human race continues to disappoint me...... total ignorance.

And, BTW, Pitty's are some of the most loving dogs EVER and will snuggle and love you to death before biting. It is the asshole owners that have caused them to be vicious.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Just another reason the human race continues to disappoint me...... total ignorance.

And, BTW, Pitty's are some of the most loving dogs EVER and will snuggle and love you to death before biting. It is the asshole owners that have caused them to be vicious.

I could not agree with you more. I have a friend, whose Pit is actually in labor as we speak, but she has two pits... and ironically my 1 year old godson is able to crawl all over both of them and they just sit there. Don't mind at all. But, I had a pit attack my yellow lab awhile back... also come to find out that this pit's owners RARELY let this dog out and used it to guard their marijuana operation - before the cops took control of that - the dog ran from their house a ways down the road and my lab was in her own yard minding her business. In that sense - dipsh**t owners again ruined another dog.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I've had the same issue w/my boxer Roxie. For some reason people think that she's a pitbull too, and I've had people leave the aisles at PetSmart or pull their kids away at the park. Roxie is the sweetest dog that I've ever owned, she wouldn't hurt a fly but people are ignorant. Pitbulls have gotten such a bad rap, and it really is sad. I think your Brynn is a beautiful baby, just ignore all the haters ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I could not agree with you more. I have a friend, whose Pit is actually in labor as we speak, but she has two pits... and ironically my 1 year old godson is able to crawl all over both of them and they just sit there. Don't mind at all. But, I had a pit attack my yellow lab awhile back... also come to find out that this pit's owners RARELY let this dog out and used it to guard their marijuana operation - before the cops took control of that - the dog ran from their house a ways down the road and my lab was in her own yard minding her business. In that sense - dipsh**t owners again ruined another dog.

BTW --- BRAVO to you for standing up to that a$$hole at the store.... great work and hope you felt good walking away

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
I really really really wish people would do their homework before they judge!!! Back in the 1800 Pit Bulls were known as "Nanny Dogs" reason? They were so good with children so much so they would "babysit" the children they were put in charge of. My husbands cousin's little girl had a pit bull she worked for weeks cleaning the puppies yard picking up poop watching the little ones and chasing them down once when they got out of their enclosure, she did odd jobs to make the money to get this puppy well she had worked so hard when the puppies were of age they gave her one and she still worked odd jobs to afford the food and toys and other things she wanted to buy for her puppy she hand raised this dog and anyone could love this dog she was beautiful and loveable and believe it or not someone stole her from this beautiful little girl that worked so very hard. This little girl is nine years old....It just burns my A$$ when people judge a dog and not the owner!!!

jenzaar

Aug 24, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winslow
Kudos to you for speaking up. I tend to walk away and think kf rhe right words only after it's too late. Sorry you had to go through that but at least you made an effort to correct these people and stand up for your pup.

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
People are ignorant to say the least. If you can't tell the differnce between a pitbull and an english bulldog I really feel sorry for whatever pet you are about to buy supplies for.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Stupid people. You can thank the idiot owners that have fought pit bulls for giving them such a bad name. 99% of the pits I have ever know have been big hams. This reminds me of the time that a moron thought Harlea was a pug. /faceplam

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
That's what I think also - no one actually knows their breeds when they're saying something. I have a hard time biting my tongue with ignorant people, especially for animals that can't defend themselves. Exactly though, most of the pit bulls I have ever been around are the biggest babies... but I have never actually heard myself of an english bulldog attacking anyone. So, to say Brynnlee looks like she would attack... please she wouldn't even waste the energy - she'd rather eat LOL. Judgmental people... however, I can bet if I had a little Pomeranian or some fluffy small dog they would have said how cute she was. It bothers me how close minded people are... before they even know the dog or give the dog a chance.. :fie:

truffle shuffle

Dec 23, 2012
DC area
Bulldog(s) Names
Chunk
Some people are stupid, but your Brynn is beautiful! and I am more likely to stop and pet a pitty than a lab or other more popular breeds, pits have a bad rap and don't get enough lovin :)

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
I really really really wish people would do their homework before they judge!!! Back in the 1800 Pit Bulls were known as "Nanny Dogs" reason? They were so good with children so much so they would "babysit" the children they were put in charge of. My husbands cousin's little girl had a pit bull she worked for weeks cleaning the puppies yard picking up poop watching the little ones and chasing them down once when they got out of their enclosure, she did odd jobs to make the money to get this puppy well she had worked so hard when the puppies were of age they gave her one and she still worked odd jobs to afford the food and toys and other things she wanted to buy for her puppy she hand raised this dog and anyone could love this dog she was beautiful and loveable and believe it or not someone stole her from this beautiful little girl that worked so very hard. This little girl is nine years old....It just burns my A$$ when people judge a dog and not the owner!!!

This is HORRIBLE. :( And breaks my heart. People SUCK to say the least. How could you steal a dog from it's owner and home let alone take it from a 9 year old girl who worked so hard to get the dog? Wow... just wow. I have actually heard of people stealing bulldogs. I just can't believe people.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I totally agree with everyone's comments, people can be so misguided, and uneducated, regarding different breeds of dogs, and the pit-bull breed has really gotten a bad rap lately. They have gone as far as banning this breed here in Ontario, and if you already have one, you have to muzzle it when in public, it has to be on a leash at all times, and you have to spay and neuter them. It's not the breed, but the bad owners that cause the problems with the pit bull breed. They raise them to be aggressive, and for fighting because they want a cool, or bad *** dog, and then when they bite or become aggressive, they put them down. This is so sad, because it's not the dogs fault, and I know a few people who have pit bulls and they are the gentlest sucky dogs ever, wouldn't hurt a fly.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.