I find this very annoying.

Opie CHL

Dec 4, 2012
Patchogue, NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley and Hershey
Last month when I had Chum at the vet we were sitting quietly in the waiting room. We were there because of the reactions to the rabies shot..Chum was more listless than usual..almost sleeping while sitting there...and a woman came out of one of the treatment rooms with a tiny chuhuahua looking thing that was just yelping non stop. As she walked into the room chumleys ears perked up and he started panting a little. The woman scooped up her noise machine and said "is he growling? Why is he growling?" I said "he's not growling he's breathing . Your dog is being aggressive, barking nonstop but I guess its ok because shes only 4lbs?" This woman had a look of total disdain on her face that I wanted to smack right off of her. Some people just don't know the breed.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
Oh ya. Idiots in our building have asked if Tubby is a pitbull. It used to shock me but now doesn't I just say yup and let him sniff them so they get the scare of their life time lol it sucks here in Ontario as Pitbuls are actually banned. I have met several pitbuls and find them to be huge lap dogs lol I truly believe it boils down to bad owners who train their dogs to be vicious. I mean if you got an EB puppy and trained it from 8 weeks to be vicious it would be. It all boils down to their owners. People are just ignorant and fear what they don't know. our neighbour will run back in his house if he sees Tubbs in the hallway. I find it so sad that people let their ignorance ruin something as special as experiencing a dogs unconditional love. But probably for the best as those *** clowns would be the ones to leave their dogs chained to a tree

/end rant

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Couldn't have said any of the above better myself! I never thought I would actually hear someone say to me my dog looks like a pitbull and is mean... so I was actually caught off guard when a few people brought it up to me because I don't think bulldogs look like pitbulls at all, but again clearly some have never compared or seen both breeds. But, I agree - Brynn's tooth will stick out once in a while depending on her facial expression, which there aren't many haha, and another lady had said how mean she looked because of it. Seriously lady? It's called an overbite. Not that she is mad, or showing you her teeth because she's about to attack you. I wouldn't wake up to that face in the morning if she was pissed off; that's her *with her head tilted sideways* can we eat breakfast now mom? face, lol. But, like everyone says it boils down to the ignorance of people. It's just sad that there are so many great owners that often do out rule the bad ones, but the bad owners there are ruin the reputation for everyone else and their dogs. Regardless of what breed it is. I will say my brynnlee has quite a deep bark, that would sound scary to me from behind a closed door, but once you see her... then it's a different story. But, the dogs go without or unnoticed or unloved because of their appearance/reputation. Granted, to each their own, everyone has their favorite breeds - obviously we have our bullies, but I bet if the lady who stopped me at the pet store had a dog and I made a comment toward that dog she would get just as offensive. So what if she has a brindle coat that apparently adds to her looking like a pitbull - I love the brindle coats; they're gorgeous! I have also had many many people tell me what a pretty dog Brynn is, but I do feel bad because I know if I had her and another person had say a Chow Chow or something real fluffy that everyone thinks is so adorable and nice - they would go right for the Chow Chow instead of my bulldog where as every bulldog I have ever met is their owners best friend - they will never leave your side and you will get attacked by a tongue every once in a while, but that's about it. I should have let Brynn go sniff the lady at the pet store just to scare them - hahah :) but my luck she would've hit her or something and then I would have stepped in myself. She's such a baby - she'd never hurt anything. For crying out loud she woke me up at 4am this morning making weird noises looking at me trying to jump on to my bed ( I need pet steps - short leg problems, high bed ) doesn't sound real mean to me. Mean to make me get up at 4am LOL but same with pit bulls - the owners I know that have them baby them and treat them how any dog should be - the owners I know with pit bulls that do show aggression made them that way. Like my neighbors pitbull - never do I ever see that dog outside... so much for their athletic needs, right? But, I know he has the dog for other reasons as I have called the police on them before. But, I just feel bad for the dogs... they all have such great potential and they mean good... then theres humans... :(

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
In the immortal words of one [MENTION=2092]JAKEISGREAT[/MENTION] people like the ones described in this thread need to learn to STFU!!!!!!!

:nice:

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
This happens all the time! Since when do our ebs look like put bulls??

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Last month when I had Chum at the vet we were sitting quietly in the waiting room. We were there because of the reactions to the rabies shot..Chum was more listless than usual..almost sleeping while sitting there...and a woman came out of one of the treatment rooms with a tiny chuhuahua looking thing that was just yelping non stop. As she walked into the room chumleys ears perked up and he started panting a little. The woman scooped up her noise machine and said "is he growling? Why is he growling?" I said "he's not growling he's breathing . Your dog is being aggressive, barking nonstop but I guess its ok because shes only 4lbs?" This woman had a look of total disdain on her face that I wanted to smack right off of her. Some people just don't know the breed.

WELL DONE!!

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Just another reason why my dog is more my best friend than any human :p lol!

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
Just another reason why my dog is more my best friend than any human :p lol!

Me too my mother in law won't let Sheldon on the couch so when he wants cuddle time I sit in the floor with him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.