Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
This is HORRIBLE. :( And breaks my heart. People SUCK to say the least. How could you steal a dog from it's owner and home let alone take it from a 9 year old girl who worked so hard to get the dog? Wow... just wow. I have actually heard of people stealing bulldogs. I just can't believe people.

We all looked for two weeks steady walking around yelling for her and that is the only thing that makes sense because if she were loose we would have found her even had flyers up at the pound called animal control and the only thing that makes sense is some one took her she had tags on and everything I felt so bad for her!!!! She loved that dog like I love Sheldon like we all love our fur babies!! It just burns my butt! This is a great thread and points out some very valid points such as blame the owner not the dog!!! Kudos to anyone who stands up and says do your freakin homework before you geyser off at the mouth! I know several pitties that don't have a mean bone in their hole body and plenty of love in their heart! And Bulldogs are more likely to lick your face off and wiggle their bum in your face and the worst they'll do is maybe gas ya! I have yet to encounter that much stupid but as I live in small town I'm sure I will.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
We all looked for two weeks steady walking around yelling for her and that is the only thing that makes sense because if she were loose we would have found her even had flyers up at the pound called animal control and the only thing that makes sense is some one took her she had tags on and everything I felt so bad for her!!!! She loved that dog like I love Sheldon like we all love our fur babies!! It just burns my butt! This is a great thread and points out some very valid points such as blame the owner not the dog!!! Kudos to anyone who stands up and says do your freakin homework before you geyser off at the mouth! I know several pitties that don't have a mean bone in their hole body and plenty of love in their heart! And Bulldogs are more likely to lick your face off and wiggle their bum in your face and the worst they'll do is maybe gas ya! I have yet to encounter that much stupid but as I live in small town I'm sure I will.

I feel so bad for her :( it makes perfect sense, i just can't believe anyone would want to do that knowing that is someones pet. I could never take an animal from someone that isn't willing to re home. Especially if they have collars on or tags, ect - you know they have owners somewhere. I put a break away collar on my cat who goes outside when he wants because I want whoever sees him to know he has owners and isn't roaming wild. He always comes back home, but still ya never know. I would be heartbroken if someone stole any of my pets. The poor girl :( another life lesson people are selfish and a**holes. Any person with a heart and one whose ever owned a pet before would not steal another persons pet. But, some are so caught up on money that they'll steal rather than pay for their own. Probably why bullies get stolen - I am not real sure I haven't read stories on that either just heard on a website they can be stolen. But yeah, I will never let someone talk bad about anyone of my animals especially if they don't know what the hell they are talking about. I would be in jail if someone hurt my Brynn... or have a disorderly conduct ticket. Hahah. Oh my gosh! Speaking of licking to death or wiggle their butt - someone posted on a facebook status of mine as I was talking about my friends pitbull being in labor and someone asked if my bully could have puppies - but they said bulldogs actually have a higher level of aggressive degree than pit-bulls...true or no? Either way, it's the people behind pit-bulls that just destroyed the breed's reputation... it's sad. :( And, speaking of gas - oh my gosh... Brynn is HORRIBLE. Lol, I have no clue what to do to make her less gassy, but jeeze! Haha.

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Ugh, the whole banning of a breed thing is ridiculous. I feel as though some wouldn't follow that law either. They are talking about it at a town in WI I heard as well; and everyone is freaking out because I agree, it is ridiculous. They're singling out one breed and it's again not the dogs fault. I know plenty of owners whose pit-bulls do better with people and children than some other dogs. It's sad... I feel horrible for those who own pit-bulls and have to go through that every time they would want to take their dog outside or if they wanted to buy one and now can't because of their location. My pets keep my sanity somedays lol, and I believe everyone (whose fit to) should own a pet, there should not be a yes or no to can you own this breed or not. I do believe training and what not is necessary for any dog, but why single out one breed? Does that mean once they get rid of the pit-bull breed they will start taking stats on different breed for attack rates and what not and begin singling them out as well?

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ugh, the whole banning of a breed thing is ridiculous. I feel as though some wouldn't follow that law either. They are talking about it at a town in WI I heard as well; and everyone is freaking out because I agree, it is ridiculous. They're singling out one breed and it's again not the dogs fault. I know plenty of owners whose pit-bulls do better with people and children than some other dogs. It's sad... I feel horrible for those who own pit-bulls and have to go through that every time they would want to take their dog outside or if they wanted to buy one and now can't because of their location. My pets keep my sanity somedays lol, and I believe everyone (whose fit to) should own a pet, there should not be a yes or no to can you own this breed or not. I do believe training and what not is necessary for any dog, but why single out one breed? Does that mean once they get rid of the pit-bull breed they will start taking stats on different breed for attack rates and what not and begin singling them out as well?

I have wondered that myself here where we live they put an ordinance into effect if you own a pit bull it has to be registered with the city and you can't own more than one because of the confiscation they have had across town and the moron that lived up on the corner fought his dogs and as a result the animal control officer almost died when they attacked her both dogs were shot by officers because they couldn't be pulled off the control officer. I wanted to walk down there and kick that Moron's A$$ he was mean to the kids and animals he was a piece of sh!?!!! Officers should have shot him would have done humanity a service. My nephew has an American Bulldog and a Pit Bull and they have a baby and those dogs would rather take a beating than hurt that baby they might hurt someone else for hurting the baby but they would never hurt that baby or any other for that matter. Kids are always rolling all over them and they have a depth of love only rivaled by the English Bulldog.

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I've been around lots and lots of Pitbulls, and they have all been so happy and sweet. In my opinion it's an awesome breed to have if you live an active life. I've been bitten by one dog and it was a miniature dachshund, I visited their house and I hugged the owner and the dog bit me out of jealousy:mellow:. There are no "bad" breeds, only bad people...

Brynn is beautiful, love her coloring:)

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
I love pitbulls and amstaffs -in fact all my life while i was living in Poland i own this breeds -they are very loving big kids -people sadly assume that they are killer dogs it is a stigma that is associated with the breed thanks to some idiots of an owners

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Just another reason the human race continues to disappoint me...... total ignorance.

And, BTW, Pitty's are some of the most loving dogs EVER and will snuggle and love you to death before biting. It is the asshole owners that have caused them to be vicious.

Exactly. I have friends with a Pitbull and she is a HUGE love bug! Just a sweet baby. I an't tell you how many people have stopped when they see Dudley and say, "oh stop, that's a pitbull." Really? Clearly, they've never seen a pitbull. I bet they judge people by their looks as well! I had one nasty lady argue with me that Dudley was a pitbull...really? I don't know my own dog, but you - who have never seen him before - you are the last word?! You know what we say..."Some people are idiots!"

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Exactly. I have friends with a Pitbull and she is a HUGE love bug! Just a sweet baby. I an't tell you how many people have stopped when they see Dudley and say, "oh stop, that's a pitbull." Really? Clearly, they've never seen a pitbull. I bet they judge people by their looks as well! I had one nasty lady argue with me that Dudley was a pitbull...really? I don't know my own dog, but you - who have never seen him before - you are the last word?! You know what we say..."Some people are idiots!"

Wow that's all I can say is Wow!!! I totally agree that poor pit bulls have gotten a bad wrap. Did you know that back when Romans invaded Europe Europeans trained English Bulldogs to fight and they were so effective the Roman army had to develop special armor to keep them from ripping their calves open.

Lauren31287

Nov 8, 2011
Rhode Island
Bulldog(s) Names
Winston
This happens too much! I had Winston over my parents house one day and their neighbors were over and had their kids in the pool. So I took Winston outside and the mother automatically jumped up when then her 8 year old daughter went to pet him and said No! He looks so mean he might hurt you! So I calmly told her Winston would not hurt a fly, I told him to sit and stay so the girl could pet him. Then he licked her hand! The mother's reply was "oh well he looked mean". It is very annoying that people just assume they are mean dogs!! They are just little love bugs!

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
This happens too much! I had Winston over my parents house one day and their neighbors were over and had their kids in the pool. So I took Winston outside and the mother automatically jumped up when then her 8 year old daughter went to pet him and said No! He looks so mean he might hurt you! So I calmly told her Winston would not hurt a fly, I told him to sit and stay so the girl could pet him. Then he licked her hand! The mother's reply was "oh well he looked mean". It is very annoying that people just assume they are mean dogs!! They are just little love bugs!

I KNOW Sheldon would never hurt anyone. He just laid there while the vet took blood. There is only one person I have EVER seen him show any aggression toward and I don't blame him for showing aggression to him.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
I don't hardly know where to begin this pisses me off so much in so many ways. First the idiot that doesn't know the difference between a pitbull and a bulldog. This is just another example why pitbulls get all the blame when someone is bitten because immediately someone will say it was a pitbull to add drama to the event and because the SOB's don't know the difference between a pitbull or a spaniel. If they bite somebody or are aggressive they are "those bad pitbulls." Secondly as others have already stated its not the breed. I have owned and AmStaff and a APBT and actually they are way more tractable than a bulldog or a variety of other breeds for that matter. Even my wife bought into the sterotype somewhat over the years because it has been pushed so much. And she should know better, when we were a young couple I had both an AmStaff and a pitbull and raised my baby daughter around them. She could lay on Brutus pull his ears do whatever and he did nothing but allow it and lover her. It further pisses me off because it raise the whole issue of pit fighting and the sorry sume bitches that participate in it. These scourges to the human race and the idiot wanabee gangster types who train their dogs to be aggressive are the reason for the whole negative stereotype. The pitbull's loyal and loving devotion to its owner is one of the reasons they make such good fighting dogs because they are devoted and doing what their owners desire. Their own loyalty, devotion and athletic conformation and ability have been used against them. Which brings up that sorry excuse of a human Michael Vick. I don't for one minute think that scum bag is rehabilitated and believe in a minute he would go back to dog fighting, and he was even worse he would torture the dogs in some of the most horrible ways imaginable. And yet today he is a starting QB and raking in millions. Did the football fans, owners, coaches all forget? Well I ain't forgotten. I hope he gets his neck broken this year and remains paralyzed for life

Last edited:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
That makes me sad, I get it too. Our friend's kid yesterday was just sitting and petting Ruthie and I told her mom that its so nice to see her daughter pet Ruthie because no one really pets her except me or her dad(and our friends) because everyone thinks she is mean cause her teeth stick out and she's just intimidating. It makes me sad for Ruthie and just people in general to miss out on a dog's love. I love pit bulls and it's just so sad they get such a bad rap when it's the people's fault for raising them wrong. ANY dog can be mean and it depends on the person raising it.

Jennifer Clark

Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I don't hardly know where to begin this pisses me off so much in so many ways. First the idiot that doesn't know the difference between a pitbull and a bulldog. This is just another example why pitbulls get all the blame when someone is bitten because immediately someone will say it was a pitbull to add drama to the event and because the SOB's don't know the difference between a pitbull or a spaniel. If they bite somebody or are aggressive they are "those bad pitbulls." Secondly as others have already stated its not the breed. I have owned and AmStaff and a ABPT and actually they are way more tractable than a bulldog or a variety of other breeds for that matter. Even my wife bought into the sterotype somewhat over the years because it has been pushed so much. And she should know better, when we were a young couple I had both an AmStaff and a pitbull and raised my baby daughter around them. She could lay on Brutus pull his ears do whatever and he did nothing but allow it and lover her. It further pisses me off because it raise the whole issue of pit fighting and the sorry sume bitches that participate in it. These scourges to the human race and the idiot wanabee gangster types who train their dogs to be aggressive are the reason for the whole negative stereotype. The pitbull's loyal and loving devotion to its owner is one of the reasons they make such good fighting dogs because they are devoted and doing what their owners desire. Their own loyalty, devotion and athletic conformation and ability have been used against them. Which brings up that sorry excuse of a human Michael Vick. I don't for one minute think that scum bag is rehabilitated and believe in a minute he would go back to dog fighting, and he was even worse he would torture the dogs in some of the most horrible ways imaginable. And yet today he is a starting QB and raking in millions. Did the football fans, owners, coaches all forget? Well I ain't forgotten. I hope he gets his neck broken this year and remains paralyzed for life

Nice couldn't have said it better!!! I totally agree! And instead of judging a breed look to the owner. Do we hear about the attacks from German Shepherds no do we hear about the attacks from weeny dogs no we do not hear about the attacks from other breeds because they aren't pits or rotties. Those are another breed that has gotten a bad rap.

Members online

No members online now.