Thread: I find this very annoying.

Bulldog Vet in Training Lauren31287's Avatar
    Real Name
    Lauren
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: I find this very annoying.

This happens too much! I had Winston over my parents house one day and their neighbors were over and had their kids in the pool. So I took Winston outside and the mother automatically jumped up when then her 8 year old daughter went to pet him and said No! He looks so mean he might hurt you! So I calmly told her Winston would not hurt a fly, I told him to sit and stay so the girl could pet him. Then he licked her hand! The mother's reply was "oh well he looked mean". It is very annoying that people just assume they are mean dogs!! They are just little love bugs!

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Lauren31287 View Post
    This happens too much! I had Winston over my parents house one day and their neighbors were over and had their kids in the pool. So I took Winston outside and the mother automatically jumped up when then her 8 year old daughter went to pet him and said No! He looks so mean he might hurt you! So I calmly told her Winston would not hurt a fly, I told him to sit and stay so the girl could pet him. Then he licked her hand! The mother's reply was "oh well he looked mean". It is very annoying that people just assume they are mean dogs!! They are just little love bugs!
    I KNOW Sheldon would never hurt anyone. He just laid there while the vet took blood. There is only one person I have EVER seen him show any aggression toward and I don't blame him for showing aggression to him.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Tim
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ace
    Likes (Received)

I don't hardly know where to begin this pisses me off so much in so many ways. First the idiot that doesn't know the difference between a pitbull and a bulldog. This is just another example why pitbulls get all the blame when someone is bitten because immediately someone will say it was a pitbull to add drama to the event and because the SOB's don't know the difference between a pitbull or a spaniel. If they bite somebody or are aggressive they are "those bad pitbulls." Secondly as others have already stated its not the breed. I have owned and AmStaff and a APBT and actually they are way more tractable than a bulldog or a variety of other breeds for that matter. Even my wife bought into the sterotype somewhat over the years because it has been pushed so much. And she should know better, when we were a young couple I had both an AmStaff and a pitbull and raised my baby daughter around them. She could lay on Brutus pull his ears do whatever and he did nothing but allow it and lover her. It further pisses me off because it raise the whole issue of pit fighting and the sorry sume bitches that participate in it. These scourges to the human race and the idiot wanabee gangster types who train their dogs to be aggressive are the reason for the whole negative stereotype. The pitbull's loyal and loving devotion to its owner is one of the reasons they make such good fighting dogs because they are devoted and doing what their owners desire. Their own loyalty, devotion and athletic conformation and ability have been used against them. Which brings up that sorry excuse of a human Michael Vick. I don't for one minute think that scum bag is rehabilitated and believe in a minute he would go back to dog fighting, and he was even worse he would torture the dogs in some of the most horrible ways imaginable. And yet today he is a starting QB and raking in millions. Did the football fans, owners, coaches all forget? Well I ain't forgotten. I hope he gets his neck broken this year and remains paralyzed for life
    Last edited by Rural mystic; 08-26-2013 at 11:45 AM.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruthie & Brutus
    Likes (Received)

That makes me sad, I get it too. Our friend's kid yesterday was just sitting and petting Ruthie and I told her mom that its so nice to see her daughter pet Ruthie because no one really pets her except me or her dad(and our friends) because everyone thinks she is mean cause her teeth stick out and she's just intimidating. It makes me sad for Ruthie and just people in general to miss out on a dog's love. I love pit bulls and it's just so sad they get such a bad rap when it's the people's fault for raising them wrong. ANY dog can be mean and it depends on the person raising it.

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nuts Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Jennifer
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean ; Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    I don't hardly know where to begin this pisses me off so much in so many ways. First the idiot that doesn't know the difference between a pitbull and a bulldog. This is just another example why pitbulls get all the blame when someone is bitten because immediately someone will say it was a pitbull to add drama to the event and because the SOB's don't know the difference between a pitbull or a spaniel. If they bite somebody or are aggressive they are "those bad pitbulls." Secondly as others have already stated its not the breed. I have owned and AmStaff and a ABPT and actually they are way more tractable than a bulldog or a variety of other breeds for that matter. Even my wife bought into the sterotype somewhat over the years because it has been pushed so much. And she should know better, when we were a young couple I had both an AmStaff and a pitbull and raised my baby daughter around them. She could lay on Brutus pull his ears do whatever and he did nothing but allow it and lover her. It further pisses me off because it raise the whole issue of pit fighting and the sorry sume bitches that participate in it. These scourges to the human race and the idiot wanabee gangster types who train their dogs to be aggressive are the reason for the whole negative stereotype. The pitbull's loyal and loving devotion to its owner is one of the reasons they make such good fighting dogs because they are devoted and doing what their owners desire. Their own loyalty, devotion and athletic conformation and ability have been used against them. Which brings up that sorry excuse of a human Michael Vick. I don't for one minute think that scum bag is rehabilitated and believe in a minute he would go back to dog fighting, and he was even worse he would torture the dogs in some of the most horrible ways imaginable. And yet today he is a starting QB and raking in millions. Did the football fans, owners, coaches all forget? Well I ain't forgotten. I hope he gets his neck broken this year and remains paralyzed for life
    Nice couldn't have said it better!!! I totally agree! And instead of judging a breed look to the owner. Do we hear about the attacks from German Shepherds no do we hear about the attacks from weeny dogs no we do not hear about the attacks from other breeds because they aren't pits or rotties. Those are another breed that has gotten a bad rap.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

R.I.P. Duece Man 9-13-14 Gone but not forgotten, always in our hearts! Till we meet again over the Bridge, Mommy misses you.

Real Name
    Nicole
    Country
    United States of America
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Loki Beans
    Likes (Received)

Such a great point if she was going to attack someone why would you bring her somewhere that would be possible. People are so ignorant it is disgusting.
    "If our dogs don't like you we probably won't either"

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Rural mystic View Post
    Well I ain't forgotten. I hope he gets his neck broken this year and remains paralyzed for life
    AGREED!!

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    united states
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Paisley
    Likes (Received)

I have an adorable Pitt Bull. She is a lover.

Pooper scooper
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by yoder View Post
    I have an adorable Pitt Bull. She is a lover.
    Paisley is ADORABLE!!

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jim B.
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley and Hershey
    Likes (Received)

Last month when I had Chum at the vet we were sitting quietly in the waiting room. We were there because of the reactions to the rabies shot..Chum was more listless than usual..almost sleeping while sitting there...and a woman came out of one of the treatment rooms with a tiny chuhuahua looking thing that was just yelping non stop. As she walked into the room chumleys ears perked up and he started panting a little. The woman scooped up her noise machine and said "is he growling? Why is he growling?" I said "he's not growling he's breathing . Your dog is being aggressive, barking nonstop but I guess its ok because shes only 4lbs?" This woman had a look of total disdain on her face that I wanted to smack right off of her. Some people just don't know the breed.

Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Stephanie
    Country
    Toronto, ON Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tubby
    Likes (Received)

Oh ya. Idiots in our building have asked if Tubby is a pitbull. It used to shock me but now doesn't I just say yup and let him sniff them so they get the scare of their life time lol it sucks here in Ontario as Pitbuls are actually banned. I have met several pitbuls and find them to be huge lap dogs lol I truly believe it boils down to bad owners who train their dogs to be vicious. I mean if you got an EB puppy and trained it from 8 weeks to be vicious it would be. It all boils down to their owners. People are just ignorant and fear what they don't know. our neighbour will run back in his house if he sees Tubbs in the hallway. I find it so sad that people let their ignorance ruin something as special as experiencing a dogs unconditional love. But probably for the best as those *** clowns would be the ones to leave their dogs chained to a tree

/end rant

Real Name
    Amber
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brynnlee
    Likes (Received)

Couldn't have said any of the above better myself! I never thought I would actually hear someone say to me my dog looks like a pitbull and is mean... so I was actually caught off guard when a few people brought it up to me because I don't think bulldogs look like pitbulls at all, but again clearly some have never compared or seen both breeds. But, I agree - Brynn's tooth will stick out once in a while depending on her facial expression, which there aren't many haha, and another lady had said how mean she looked because of it. Seriously lady? It's called an overbite. Not that she is mad, or showing you her teeth because she's about to attack you. I wouldn't wake up to that face in the morning if she was pissed off; that's her *with her head tilted sideways* can we eat breakfast now mom? face, lol. But, like everyone says it boils down to the ignorance of people. It's just sad that there are so many great owners that often do out rule the bad ones, but the bad owners there are ruin the reputation for everyone else and their dogs. Regardless of what breed it is. I will say my brynnlee has quite a deep bark, that would sound scary to me from behind a closed door, but once you see her... then it's a different story. But, the dogs go without or unnoticed or unloved because of their appearance/reputation. Granted, to each their own, everyone has their favorite breeds - obviously we have our bullies, but I bet if the lady who stopped me at the pet store had a dog and I made a comment toward that dog she would get just as offensive. So what if she has a brindle coat that apparently adds to her looking like a pitbull - I love the brindle coats; they're gorgeous! I have also had many many people tell me what a pretty dog Brynn is, but I do feel bad because I know if I had her and another person had say a Chow Chow or something real fluffy that everyone thinks is so adorable and nice - they would go right for the Chow Chow instead of my bulldog where as every bulldog I have ever met is their owners best friend - they will never leave your side and you will get attacked by a tongue every once in a while, but that's about it. I should have let Brynn go sniff the lady at the pet store just to scare them - hahah but my luck she would've hit her or something and then I would have stepped in myself. She's such a baby - she'd never hurt anything. For crying out loud she woke me up at 4am this morning making weird noises looking at me trying to jump on to my bed ( I need pet steps - short leg problems, high bed ) doesn't sound real mean to me. Mean to make me get up at 4am LOL but same with pit bulls - the owners I know that have them baby them and treat them how any dog should be - the owners I know with pit bulls that do show aggression made them that way. Like my neighbors pitbull - never do I ever see that dog outside... so much for their athletic needs, right? But, I know he has the dog for other reasons as I have called the police on them before. But, I just feel bad for the dogs... they all have such great potential and they mean good... then theres humans...

Whoever said diamonds were a girl's best friend has never owned a bulldog <3

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Remove Ads