Will tail pocket get deeper?

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
Will Stinky's tail pocket get deeper as he gets older? Has any-one had their bullies tail removed?

Scueva

Sep 27, 2012
Chicago, IL
Bulldog(s) Names
Duchess
A few members have had their bully's tail removed. I'm sure they will be along shortly. Not completely sure if the pocket gets deeper:

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Will Stinky's tail pocket get deeper as he gets older? Has any-one had their bullies tail removed?

Most often it's easier to keep the tail pocket clean. Even deep tail pockets. I have three deep tail pockets out of five, you do get use to cleaning in there. get in deep, the dog gets use to it too and will relax eventually and actually enjoy it. Dolly's tail pocket even stretched a bit. her's in inverted on the top.

Some have had the tail's removed, it's not a minor surgery. It's very invasive

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I think Lisa had to have one of her babies tails removed..... [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

We had the option of having Banks' removed, but choose to continue to do the daily maintenance. We also over the years adjusted her diet and keep her weight at or below 60 lbs and it all helps with the pocket.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
No I've never had a tail removed, but [MENTION=572]Libra926[/MENTION] has

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk :)