Does anyone else do this...?

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Maybe I am silly and being a bit dramatic, but does anyone or did they when they first got their bully, sit up at night to make sure they were okay if they stopped snoring? Brynn will snore and snore, then let out a deep breath, then nothing... then I sit up to make sure she is still okay, haha. She is okay, but I just wondered if anyone else did the same thing... or maybe I am silly? Who knows, lol. :confused:

NigelsMom

Community Veteran
Oct 21, 2011
Houston, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Frenchy - Ian Wentworth Carlisle, Eng Nigel Wentworth Sinclair (RIP) & Karly Isabella Sinclair (RIP)
You're not alone - Nigel sleeps with me and I will check him if he stops snoring.

Rural mystic

Jan 1, 2013
North Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ace
Oh my yes I did. As a little pup Ace would do alot of panting while sleeping and it worried the heck out of me. Once after an extended time of heavy rapid panting which was worrying me, the breathing slowed noticeably and then that bothered me so I got out of bed and touched him and he wouldn't move, again no movement, harder, no movement I slid him out of his crate and he was still sleeping soundly but his breath was very quiet, I thought he had died or was about to and I just sat with him in my lap in the dark for probably about 45 minutes, there was nothing wrong he was just sleeping so deeply he seemed comatose. I finally put him back in his crate and went back to bed but I didn't sleep very well. Got up the next morning and after his usual, which continues to this day, early morning lethargy, he was ready to go, nothing was wrong

OP
AmberXo

AmberXo

Aug 21, 2013
Wisconsin
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brynnlee
Oh my yes I did. As a little pup Ace would do alot of panting while sleeping and it worried the heck out of me. Once after an extended time of heavy rapid panting which was worrying me, the breathing slowed noticeably and then that bothered me so I got out of bed and touched him and he wouldn't move, again no movement, harder, no movement I slid him out of his crate and he was still sleeping soundly but his breath was very quiet, I thought he had died or was about to and I just sat with him in my lap in the dark for probably about 45 minutes, there was nothing wrong he was just sleeping so deeply he seemed comatose. I finally put him back in his crate and went back to bed but I didn't sleep very well. Got up the next morning and after his usual, which continues to this day, early morning lethargy, he was ready to go, nothing was wrong

Oh I would have freaked out! How scary! I am so glad to hear Ace is okay and just in a deep sleep! That would absolutely freak me out and I would probably continue trying to wake him up or be pacing the floor the rest of the night wondering if he will wake up.
I thought maybe she just went into a deeper sleep and stopped snoring, but concerned mom over here still got up to make sure she was okay, lol. Usually after I see she is fine, then I sleep perfectly fine and wake up to her making the weirdest, funniest sounds to get me up and ready for breakfast. I can't even describe those sounds though.. almost as she keeps her mouth closed but a wine comes out anyways, lol.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Yep. I still do. Harlea doesn't snore much but I still check on her several times a night and she is usually sound asleep.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Absolutely.... I have had two bullies that had very bad sleep apnea. My 'alarm' was when the snoring stopped... it meant they stopped breathing so i would wake up... blow air in their face and they start breathing -- all back to sleep. With Nitshcke, after his palate reduction, his apnea was gone and really never started again. However, with Cheli, his still comes and goes... so I at times, not much, still wake up when his snoring stops.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Yeah I've done it too, they are after all our babies, and we would totally do the same thing for our babies.

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
OMG yes!!!! My fiancee and I almost broke up because of this lol tubby's crate used to be in our room and if noise wasn't coming out of him I'd sit up straight panic stricken shaking my hunny to wake up because I thought Tubbs was dead

Dana F

Jul 30, 2013
Macon, Illinois
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Petey Pete AKA "Stinky Pete"
LOL..I still do it. Stinky's crate is in my bedroom . I even put a night light next to his crate so he can see me and I can see him. When he stops snoring I wake him up to make sure he is ok.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.