Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hello All!
Yesterday I went to "Wally World", which I hate, but they have put most other stores out of biz here. I was in the pet dept.(that is where my husband always used to tell me he could find me in a store.....) They had a new "bone type thing for dogs to chew. When I read the package, it was made out of
WOOD! Before I read the package, I said to myself "self-that looks like it's made from compressed sawdust". Well-turns out it is! Who in the world would give their dogs a "chewing toy" made of wood! I guess "they"(you know who "they" are, don't you?) would say"it's fiber". Not only would(wood) I NOT purposely
feed my dogs wood-seems to me you would(wood) be encouraging a taste for wood!!! What the hell!!??:ohmy:

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
LOL.... That is Amy's favorite chew toy... Dont know if you know but we have NO grass. it is either flower gardens or pine bark mulch. There are always wood chunks in the mulch when you get it and thus become Amy's most prized possessions.. :laugh:

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
If you look on their website you can also buy caskets on there LOL or at least you could I don't know if you still can.

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, of course my dogs love wood. As soon as they are out the door, they have a stick in their mouth-but I can't keep up with the branches! BUT-I take the sticks and try for them NOT to eat wood. By the way, I guess you know that the cocoa bark is very toxic. I don't do fancy, so I've never bought bark. Though there is alot of BARK ing here!
Gee, I'm so chatty today..............p.s. when I tried to fancy up the place years ago-the dogs would always lay on the flowers, or dig holes under the bushes-so I gave up. Happy to get the grass cut.

Last edited:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
My boys would kill me if I bought them a wood sawdust bone !! They enjoy eating baseboars, and door moulding to much, to the point when one gets out of sight, i'm panicing to see what part of my home he's eating now, talk about eating you out of house and home.....omg.....

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Dave,
Had you known about your boys, you could have named them Termite and Carpenter(bee)!:yes4:

Casper

Apr 28, 2013
Slidell, Louisiana, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
"The Stallone Bros"
Dave, Had you known about your boys, you could have named them Termite and Carpenter(bee)!:yes4:
Lynn, unfortunately none of those names crossed my mind as they were pouncing across the living room with the baseboard hanging from their mouths, and Rambo is just a willing participant, I'm sure Rocky instigated the eat Dave out of house and home syndrome........ When I got the moulding away from them, I kewled down, about an hour, Rambo sitting at my feet begging for his treat back, Rocky knowing a long lecture was looming over him, Rocky laid down and was like Gee Wiz Dad, just give us the moulding back, and Rambo sat ever so patiently as I explained the homeless syndrome of the ginger bread man when they ate his house, So I walk to the garbage can thinking, Okay, at least they know i'm a bit upset, I throw the moulding in the garbage can, teeth marks all over it, close the lid, turn around and Rambo tackles the garbage can, thinking its playing keep away from him. Rambo is a big ole boy, and last weight was 65 lbs, thinking he might be bigger now, when I pick him up, he feels like 85 pounds, so a small kitchen garbage can didn't stand a chance of his defensive tackling move. Rocky of course, very sensative, and reacts to a harsh word, just laid by my chair burrying his nose in his paws...... But not Rambo..... Rambo's like a grizzly bear...... man oh man...... tuff hide and all !!hahahahahahaha

OP
Manydogs

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Funny-he is a tough one. I have always had a superstition about names-like I never would name a horse Rebel, or Crazy horse.............My niece had a horse named Rebel(he came with the name) and he was a nightmare(but a gelding) Sometimes they seem to live up to their names, like Rambo! If he's good at tackling, perhaps he needs a helmet and a football.........or maybe YOU need the helmet!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.