Omg he escaped!!

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
My heart is racing right now
I came home and played with Luca for a bit before I jumped in the shower. When I came out of the shower Luca was on the couch looking very worked up. I look at my phone and see a message from my brother (who lives upstairs). The message said Luca was outside and his girlfriend wrangled him back in. Apparently I didn't shut the downstairs door to my appartment all the way and this little sleek was able to dog it open some how. He went up the stairs to the screen door (screen is broken) and sat there staring out. When my nieces arrived he ran out through the busted screen to play with them. At this point my sister and my brother's girlfriend who I didn't think very much of till today managed to hold him down. They call for me thru the door but I was still in the shower. The girlfriend entered the stairwell and the dog followed. By the time I came out of the bathroom everything was back to normal. I had no idea. How could I be so careless??!? This dog is my life. I owe my brother's girlfriend my life now. My girlfriend comes back from vacation tomorrow. She's gonna rip me a new one when I tell her. I'm such an idiot.

DudleysMom

Community Veteran
Jun 25, 2012
Pennsauken, NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Dudley, 12/26/2010-2/8/16; currently I have Kia, 7 yo femaie
Stop. It's okay...he's fine. And I can guarantee you that you will ALWAYS double check the door from now on. Just be really nice to your brother's girlfriend!!! Luca is safe...:whew:

TubbysMom

Community Veteran
Jan 15, 2013
Country
Toronto, ON Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Tubby
I wouldn't stress on it. The most important thing is Luca is safe and now you'll never forget to close the door.

They always have a way to get into trouble. You could leave them in a room with no possible way of causing trouble but they will find a way.

Besides Luca probably had the time of his life playing with your nieces

Last edited:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I came home and played with Luca for a bit before I jumped in the shower. When I came out of the shower Luca was on the couch looking very worked up. I look at my phone and see a message from my brother (who lives upstairs). The message said Luca was outside and his girlfriend wrangled him back in. Apparently I didn't shut the downstairs door to my appartment all the way and this little sleek was able to dog it open some how. He went up the stairs to the screen door (screen is broken) and sat there staring out. When my nieces arrived he ran out through the busted screen to play with them. At this point my sister and my brother's girlfriend who I didn't think very much of till today managed to hold him down. They call for me thru the door but I was still in the shower. The girlfriend entered the stairwell and the dog followed. By the time I came out of the bathroom everything was back to normal. I had no idea. How could I be so careless??!? This dog is my life. I owe my brother's girlfriend my life now. My girlfriend comes back from vacation tomorrow. She's gonna rip me a new one when I tell her. I'm such an idiot.

She's there and its all good. You aren't an idiot Mike stuff like that happens. Did you get that stuffed bulldog? Did Luca think it was another dog? :D:D

Twice

My Bully Gave Me Wings
Feb 3, 2012
Woodbridge Township, NJ
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby (my Sweetie Head 10.24.11-11.23.12) and Otis
I'm such an idiot.

Stop it! You are not! You're human and you make mistakes. I made almost that same mistake a few weeks ago.

My yard backs up into cemetery. For some unknown reason, people think it's ok to walk their dogs in the cemetery. My dogs HATE the dogs who walk in the cemetery. I think they somehow know it's rude too. I was downstairs folding laundry and I hear all this commotion upstairs. I'm thinking "the kids are at it again" I come upstairs, Otis, Tanker and Roxy are all on the couch. Athena is nowhere to be found. Athena is my Great Dane. I'm looking all over the house, cant find her anywhere. She's 120 pounds and taller than the kitchen table, there aren't too many places she can hide.

Then I see it. A black flash out of the corner of my eye. Athena is in the cemetery!! Apparently that man was walking his dogs, she wanted at those dogs and jumped THROUGH the screen door, lept OVER the fence and was happily running laps around the trees!

I left the door open. I didn't think about it. The screen door was closed and locked. I never thought she would ever go THROUGH the screen. Lesson learned. I always close the inside door now too. Just like your lesson was learned. You'll always double check your door. :)

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

You need one of these Mike

20130823_181900.jpg

and you'll never worry again!!

OP
K

Kross225

Dec 4, 2012
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Luca Brasi
[MENTION=2014]JeannieCO[/MENTION] [MENTION=2]desertskybulldogs[/MENTION]

View attachment 53417

It's funny you mention the stuffed bully. I had just posted the pic of it right before this whole messy business ImageUploadedByTapatalk1377308270.274767.jpgif Luca didnt come back I woulda had to use the stuffed one to pass off the real one when my ole Lady gets home. Hopefully it would buy me some time.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
It's funny you mention the stuffed bully. I had just posted the pic of it right before this whole messy business View attachment 53419if Luca didnt come back I woulda had to use the stuffed one to pass off the real one when my ole Lady gets home. Hopefully it would buy me some time.

Hahahaha!! She never has to know anything. :no::D

Jennifer Clark

I can handle the whiskey, if you can handle the nu
Community Veteran
Apr 16, 2013
Searcy, Arkansas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sheldon A.K.A Shelly Bean (06-12-19); Duecy (9-13-14); Maddie (4-16-19)
@JeannieCO @desertskybulldogs

View attachment 53417

That sign made me giggle. I am sitting here reading all of this out loud to my husband and mother in law. I laugh now but when we had a different screen door Sheldon got very good at being able to open the door if he wanted to get outside to whoever was out there we had to lock the storm door to keep him from going out. We have a new storm door and it doesn't fit well in the door opening so there is about an inch and half gap at the top so we have to keep the big door closed now anyway thank goodness.

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
Hell, my skin kids got out my door once when I was in the shower and my brother was supposed to be watching them. Luckily we took the same walk every day and I found them quickly. Unbelievably, some neighbors saw them walking, my sons were 1 and 2) and didn't stop them, Thank goodness for your Brothers GF!! But don't feel bad because all is safe!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Holy wow! Thank goodness they were around to get him back in the house .... :whew:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm so glad Luca is okay... These bullies are super sneaky, they always find a way out!!!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
It's funny you mention the stuffed bully. I had just posted the pic of it right before this whole messy business View attachment 53419if Luca didnt come back I woulda had to use the stuffed one to pass off the real one when my ole Lady gets home. Hopefully it would buy me some time.

Oh you're in trouble!!!! Emma is my escape artist but she's never escaped outside the yard. You need one of those signs for sure! :p

Now about using the stuffed bulldog for the missing Luka. :tapfoot: :laugh:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.