what does everyone think?

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
so me and my husband are looking into giving spike a sister a bully sister lol... we found a EB here locally near us. Person is trying to rehome her she is 8 months old. his work schedule prevents him from taking care of her the way she needs to be taken care of. here is a pix of her. what do u think? she is akc registered and is charging a rehoming fee of $1000.
c08380dc.jpg
[/IMG]

he said he would be willing to meet us halfway between where i live and he lives to meet her. but what other questions should i ask if we do decide to purchase her? he said she is very healthy and is only 8 months old :]

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
She's adorable!
You should get her shot record, and copy of Vet Check confirming her health. A copy of her AKC registration. microchip registration if she has one.
As much info on her "habits" and expectations as he can give you...
Good Luck!!

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION], This is EXACTLY how we found Vegas, not his name then, I can see by what you posted it is on Craigslist, Vegas was 4 months old, registered, UTD on shots, neutered. I had all his vet papers, and vet's name. The owner was a young man (early 30's) that worked 12-13 hours a day 6 days a week.
He gave Vegas up for no other reason than he KNEW he was not able to be with him and he was crated 6 days a week for that long (what a kind act).
He lived an hour and a half away. After several emails, and many phone call's He chose us, I at the time was not working by choice, we had a home, a back yard etc....We did pay more of a "re-homing" fee than what your person is asking I think that is a very fair price they are asking, but what I can tell you, Vegas is the best!! besides all his allergies he has had only one ear infection, our Vet tells us all the time how healthy he is and I have NO REGRETS!!!!
I still after a year later am in contact with his previous owner, sending him pictures which he always responds on how happy he is that Vegas has such good parents and is so spoiled and happy....So I say.....GO FOR IT!!!!!!!! YEA!!!:heart::bully:

Last edited:
OP
catorres8988

catorres8988

Jun 3, 2010
Tyler, Texas
Bulldog(s) Names
Spike & Sparkles
yay thanks hopefully everything will go great.. i will keep yall posted is it bad that i already have a name picked out :]

Pendragon

Community Veteran
Jan 31, 2010
Apple Valley Ca
Bulldog(s) Names
Sir Pendragon of Brymar(Chief for short) And Lady Ireland of Brymar
Great advice of what to ask for.. And if they say they dont have a vet check. Then tell them that you want one done and if they wont then tell them that you will have one done and if anything comes up that they are responsible for returning your money or paying for the vet care. This way if they are ligit and not trying to pass off a sick dog they will agree....

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Awwe! She is cute! Sounds like some good advice posted above! Good luck! :D P.S. Whats the name you are thinkin about?? :whistle:

gatorfan85

Mar 24, 2010
Orange Park,FL
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr.Beefy
Aww she is a cutie. Just make sure you get all her vet records and papers before you bring her home, Never let me tell you they'll fax or mail them.

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
yay thanks hopefully everything will go great.. i will keep yall posted is it bad that i already have a name picked out :]

No ..... I would have had a name picked out too!!!

mammyglicks

Community Veteran
Jun 2, 2010
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
She is gorgeous. I would definitely ask him where he got her, ask to see her parents, has she been around other dogs/kids/people and ask for her entire vet records. Is 1K a reasonable rehoming fee? I haven't had the oppurtunity to look into that but I would check. Otherwise she looks divine and you would be lucky to have her.

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
[MENTION=689]catorres8988[/MENTION], What ever happened??

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online